Top of the line gear from dailies?

I remember joking about how eventually you would be able to just log on and do 15 minutes of dailies every week and slowly be able to get all the best raiding gear, even though you didn't set foot in a raid. I didn't think MMOs would come to that honestly, but Bioware just brought it there.

I understand it would take 10 weeks to get a single piece but still. That is ridiculous, RAIDING GEAR from DAILIES...

I was actually happy that they made the tier 2 content a lot harder than tier one, That's a step in the right direction. However, this is unacceptable.

Just think about what it was like in burning crusade. you had to get tier 4 before you could do tier 5 raids, and the fights in tier 5 were harder than tier 4. Kael thas and Lady Vashj were definitely harder than gruul and mag. Then when you cleared tier 5 you could do tier 6. Same story, Archimonde was harder than Kael and Vashj. M'uru and Kil'jaeden were harder than Archimonde and Illidian. You needed gear from the first raid to be able to do the next, and each raid was noticeably harder. That is the way it should be.

Edited by drunknurse

no you can't buy black hole gears from dailies as you put it. you buy them with weeklies. only one none-ops mission gives the commendations. and only 6 commendations a week from that source. and like you said, 10 weeks to get a single piece, that's 3 months bro. seriously, no will complete their black hole set from that weekly alone. and in 3 months the next tier will come out and you still wont be able to do story mode explosive conflict with your 1 black hole piece and absolutely no ops experience. and in a year, yes a year, you can have 4/5 black hole pieces. a year from now the level cap will probably be raised :/

so yea, not a big deal. calm down. it was meant to ease people who are doing story mode into hard mode EC. those people can buy a new piece every other week or two with weekly, story EC and nightmare KP. also, those pieces have different stats from campaign that will probably get cannibalize for mods.

it's gonna be okay. keep calm.

I don;t see a problem, it just promotes the idea of doing the whole range of activities in the game to maximise your gear progression - the raiders not only raiding, but also doing some other stuff on the side.

Fact is, to get a whole 'raiding gear set' by not raiding, would take you 82 weeks from the 6 comms/week, and it wouldnt even be best in slot gear because it doesnt carry the campaign set bonus, and by that point after future updates it would be obsolete anyway.

So tbh I don't see what all the whine is about. Doing a weekly for a couple of extra comms isn't going to be detrimental to the game, and its certainly not 'giving solo players raid gear' or whatever some people will try to complain about.

Actually it's weekly, requires group content and even then doesn't have the set bonuses.

But I agree, it's unacceptable. It needs to be soloable and acquired at a much faster rate.

Plus, it's better gear, not "raid gear".

Feisty in bc you never had to have the last tier of gear to actually do the next tier. For almost every major content patch in bc they added vendors to gear up from different instances. A new season of pvp gear was enough to do the next tier of raiding in most cases. The only time you ever had to do the previous tier of raiding in wow was vanilla because they didnt add vendors or even new 5 man instances and that was pretty rough when you lost a raider to real life problems or something.

If I may ask how does someone getting gear affect you in any real way? I am hoping by 10 weeks of play you have more then one piece of raid gear unlike the poor player who doesnt raid waiting 10 weeks. Also isn't the black hole gear like exotec or whatever drops as in they don't have set pieces just stats?