Lost Island Hard Mode Guide

I wrote a full-length guide, with accompanying videos, for this new flashpoint. Check it out here if you want the simplest ways to defeat the LR-5 Sentinel Droid, Project Sav-rak and Dr. Lorrick.

http://www.rivalsguild.com/2012/04/12/lost-island-hard-mode-flashpoint/

Leave a message here or on the site if you have any questions.

Edited by Jaymark

I wrote a full-length guide, with accompanying videos, for this new flashpoint. Check it out here if you want the simplest ways to defeat the LR-5 Sentinel Droid, Project Sav-rak and Dr. Lorrick.

http://www.rivalsguild.com/2012/04/12/lost-island-hard-mode-flashpoint/

Leave a message here or on the site if you have any questions.

thats all fine and dandy if you dont have any melee dps or if you have alot of intrupts. as a tank my self im able to intrupt every incerate with no issue and the dps can focus on arc. But if you have a merc dps merc healer and say Operative dps. This strat doesnt work lol because of having melee dps and having only 1 intrupt for arc.

You missed one key mechanic for the final fight.

Before the kolto tank, he will cast a debuff called explosive satchel on someone within his arc of vision (you really want that to be a tank). The satchel explodes in a series of ticks that do massive (over 15k total, I think, maybe up to 20k) damage.

Also, when you walk in the poisoned areas, you receive rakghoul poison debuffs. Those stack and start to accumulate internal damage. Those can and must be cleansed at some point, having 10 of those on you can kill you pretty fast.

I see alot of people associate Plasma arc with the Energy Coil (the ball that is dropped on the ground), that isn't true.

Plasma arc have nothing to do with that lighting ball that is drooped. The timing of the two don't correlate, there are plenty of times when that lighting ball is dropped when the droid isn't casting anything, or dropped like 2 seconds after an interrupted plasma arc, or dropped at the start of Experimental Cannon for example.

You can see examples in this video of our run.

Oh another thing is that tank/dps do not all need to run to a console and activate it during the Project Sav-Rak fight. Only one person has to do it and that person needs to run to the pillar where Sav-Rak is standing and activate that console. He will be lit on fire and jump down.

Edited by Iwipe

Oh another thing is that tank/dps do not all need to run to a console and activate it during the Project Sav-Rak fight. Only one person has to do it and that person needs to run to the pillar where Sav-Rak is standing and activate that console. He will be lit on fire and jump down.

False. Sav-Rak jumps from pillar to pillar. If only one person activates the console, he'll simply jump to an unlighted pillar.

False. Sav-Rak jumps from pillar to pillar. If only one person activates the console, he'll simply jump to an unlighted pillar.

Indeed, we noticed this change of mechanic on HM and we immediately switched to "everyone activate a pillar" and had no problems with this boss.

thats all fine and dandy if you dont have any melee dps or if you have alot of intrupts. as a tank my self im able to intrupt every incerate with no issue and the dps can focus on arc. But if you have a merc dps merc healer and say Operative dps. This strat doesnt work lol because of having melee dps and having only 1 intrupt for arc.

Did it with me a jugg tank and a marauder dps? It can be done just have to think how to beat it instead of giving up so easy. We took 5 hrs on him first night then about 2 hours second one when we downed him. I see so many say hey not enough to do in the game. How fast would you get bored if you had everything handed to you. Give me a break.

I greatly enjoyed your right up. Good work! However, on LR-5 which is probably trickiest boss it might be important to point out how choice of tank can make fight easier. For example a Jedi Knight has two interrupts and Force Kick(the better one) is on 8 second cooldown. That means that if they are on their toes they can handle most of the incinerates (17.5 sec cool down) and plasma arcs (9 sec cooldown).

It's also important to note about LR-5, which no one's guide ever seems to do, is that it has a 3-minute "soft" enrage mechanic, where it belts out full-sized energy fields at a retarded rate and nonstop fire from the grates.

Bringing even one melee is a huge liability for that fight in terms of meeting the enrage, kind of dumb.

It's also important to note about LR-5, which no one's guide ever seems to do, is that it has a 3-minute "soft" enrage mechanic, where it belts out full-sized energy fields at a retarded rate and nonstop fire from the grates.

Bringing even one melee is a huge liability for that fight in terms of meeting the enrage, kind of dumb.

I've done it just fine with two melee DPS using the kiting method (in a pug no less). The group just really has to get those interrupts on incinerate if he's standing in the AOE, which usually falls to a DPS to do while the tank waits in the next position.

Edited by StealthStalker

for the way i beat lost island hard mode was have all ranged dps so we wouldn't have extreme difficulty with the droid boss. after that it went smooth sailing until the last boss. You have to make sure to avoid getting hit by the red circle because the initiate damage ranges from 2k-5k hits and then if you stand in the green poison it stacks up and if it reaches 10 you will be getting hit for 2k tic damage per second. Though as i said i did it with all ranged it is possible to do it with melee but extremely hard for the droid boss its nearly always kiting non stop and dps melee has to continue to pound on the droid the entire way. The only thing i find dumb about this flashpoint is it drops tionesse crystals.. why? if the gear drop for each boss is columi and final boss is rakata chest? who needs tionesse when people that do the flashpoint have either 4/5 columi or full columi? that just wasnt smart in my opinion

An addition to LR-5 that makes the movement a bit easier and predictable. The adds spawn in the same order so restrict movement to keep the next add spawn clear of the electric bubbles (we intentionaly don't have our tanks taunt adds so they can be grouped around the 2 ranged adds for easy ae). Adds spawn order as you enter the room is far left, far right, near left by the door. When using melee dps you need to move the boss around so we los pull (so he doesn't get to use incinerate while out of tanks range) behind a pillar, then tank leads the way backing up slowy everytime he drops a bubble. It is a cardinal sin for any of our DPS to shortcut around the tank to another section. If timing is right you end up at the correct adds spawn just in time for them to spawn and can kill them fast.

Incinerate is a stacking dot that goes to 3 so it can be removed if tank misses an interrupt. 1 stack not so be, 2 or more your dispeller needs to be super fast as it is nasty. If melee are in the group you really can't afford to miss one incinerate as with just one dispeller the cooldown is too long to save melee dps and the tank at 2 or 3 stacks.

In the write up you missed Dr. Lorricks leap stun in phase 2. Stunned person needs to break it and move away from him.

Really not to bust the OP's guide here. But here is our guide with a melee dps with his soft enrage timer. Yeah we beat it easily in tionese/columni gear also.

In the write up you missed Dr. Lorricks leap stun in phase 2. Stunned person needs to break it and move away from him.
going off of that do not use your thing that breaks stun when dr.lorrick stuns you its only a 2 second stun only use it if you on accident get hit by a fire rakghoul because if you get hit by one of them you'll be stunned forever and die.

Some other details about Lorrick:

The grenade cone he does in P1 only lands in melee range, so if the tank is quick on their feet (or better, force sprint) they can actually run away from it and outrange a good number of stacks.

The stun he does in P2 is interruptable, so anyone with a kick can stop it.