The potential of EverQuest Next

CelCawdro

Anyone else following this game? It's probably the most difficult game to follow out there - I would say it has the worst marketing of any game out there, but I guess I'm aware of it, so it can't be totally terrible. :p But anyway, what do you guys think? It looks to be the polar opposite of SW:TOR - I'll gladly play both when it releases.

It does not need mass marketing, there are 1000s of old school players keeping their eyes on it and yearning for a MMO that does not pander to the modern generation of generic, lazy gamers.

It does not need mass marketing, there are 1000s of old school players keeping their eyes on it and yearning for a MMO that does not pander to the modern generation of generic, lazy gamers.

yeah, and that approach has worked out so well for wildstar.

yeah, and that approach has worked out so well for wildstar.

I don't know if Wildstar really is that old school thing. More like WoW really; which is not old school. Wow is the basis for all the current MMOs really.

Archeage. Thats old school. Its even kind of a dated, Korean port and its doing better than anticipated.

I don't know if Wildstar really is that old school thing. More like WoW really; which is not old school. Wow is the basis for all the current MMOs really.

Wow has been out for nine years. Archage? 2013. So longevity WoW wins.

However, it's about the play. WS has mechanics that go beyond frustrating.