WZ Cross Server + Choose WZ = More Fun

lucotas

i have an idea for have more fun in the game (PVP) WZ CROSS SERVER + Choose WZ

Bioware said that they cant add choose WZ because there won't be enough people for play all the wz.

example: 100 people wanna play hutball and only 7 want to play voidstar (this is an example) well they said they cant add choose wz but they said this before the wargames (imp vs imp, rep vs rep)now if they add WZ CROSS SERVER we would be able to choose the wz which you love (Hutball and Hypergates to me) and play them and there will be enough people for all the wz in this game.

i think we might cross a USA server with a French server. maybe you are wondering, but we don't talk the same lenguage. well that's truth but to be honest you don't type too much in a wz, you do what you have to do and know

maybe you say: grass or snow stuff like that but the people can easily learn that. even if we don't put USA and FRENCH cross servers (this is an example, i am talking about all the servers) we could get this feature in this game.

english cross server

french cross server

german cross server

well thank you guys and tell me what you think.

ps: i wanna play hutball all day all night lololol

The only way WZ's could be more fun is if they fixed smashmonkies and bubble stuns (or class balance entirely), resolve, and match-making. Anything else just ignores the core of the issues.

Cross Server may help pop WZ's faster but doesn't change the fact that once your in it still has all the same problems as before

As for choosing WZ's, it would seem to conflict with cross server queues. The cross server would speed up pops and the restrictions on which WZ's people wanna play slows it back down

Edited by Athena-Nike

The only way WZ's could be more fun is if they fixed smashmonkies and bubble stuns (or class balance entirely), resolve, and match-making. Anything else just ignores the core of the issues.

Cross Server may help pop WZ's faster but doesn't change the fact that once your in it still has all the same problems as before

As for choosing WZ's, it would seem to conflict with cross server queues. The cross server would speed up pops and the restrictions on which WZ's people wanna play slows it back down

well yeah but i want to play hutball like crazy, if you know how play your class and you have the right stats, you might be invensible lol (own experience lol)

Edited by lucotas

cross server warzone might be too early atm, there is still plenty of ppl playing the game and it should be kept for when they start to leave.

I agree on the warzone selector though, i absolutely hate huttball personally ( just my opinion) but i do like all the others, so if i had the option to untick huttball from a playlist, i would in an heartbeat.

I don't see why not, with regards to choosing which warzone you want to play. As it is, people just seem to bail if they get sent to a warzone they don't want anyway.

I wouldn't shed a tear if I never had to do Ancient Hypergate again, for sure.

Edited by Bleeters

While I understand that choosing a single specific preference is probably not viable for the sake of queue times (and for the fact that a given character can build specifically for one sole warzone), I was thinking that a good happy medium would come by virtue of being able to pick a single one they would not like to queue for.

Was actually thinking about it with reference to group finder, where you can still get GF credit (i.e. the black hole comms) while picking one specific flashpoint they did not wish to run (i.e. "I don't want to deal with getting an esseles pop on three different characters on the same day).

This would hold true to warzones as well, where some hate huttball for example, or voidstar. You opt out of the one specific one you don't want, leaving you with the rest still available. This preserves queue times and allows some choice.

Bioware said that they cant add choose WZ because there won't be enough people for play all the wz.

Quite honestly this logic has a glaring flaw, the one warzone I want to filter out and never play ever again is huttball. And it doesn't matter in the end if they do or don't filter the warzone, i'm just going to leave the warzone the moment I zone in. And someone else is going to fill in, or not again doesn't matter to me. And i'll reque a few minutes later until I get a match that isn't huttball.

Quite honestly this logic has a glaring flaw, the one warzone I want to filter out and never play ever again is huttball. And it doesn't matter in the end if they do or don't filter the warzone, i'm just going to leave the warzone the moment I zone in. And someone else is going to fill in, or not again doesn't matter to me. And i'll reque a few minutes later until I get a match that isn't huttball.

Most people however do not go to that extreme, most will prefer not to run something but not spitefully leave a warzone the instant the one they dislike pops.

Cross server wz would be amazing not because my server has dwindling numbers but because it'll diversify competition. No offense to ppl on my server but for the most part it's the same groups during specific time frames. Would be nice to see different teams :)

Most people however do not go to that extreme, most will prefer not to run something but not spitefully leave a warzone the instant the one they dislike pops.

I don't consider it to be an act of spite, not a conscious one, at least. If someone hates Huttball so much that they drop first thing, that's actually good - it allows the system to replace them fairly quickly. It is certainly much more preferable than waiting until the other team scores a point, and then dropping out, leaving their team in the lurch.

To my way of thinking, an immediate drop is actually good manners, rather than staying in a warzone you hate, and not giving it your best (and not caring that you aren't giving your best). That's unfair to the other players when someone just stays because it's expected of them, then does little to nothing to advance their team's victory prospects.

I don't mind Huttball. I won't sing its praises, but it doesn't bother me the way Civil War does. If I could uncheck Civil War and never play it again, that would make me one happy panda.

Cross server wz would be amazing not because my server has dwindling numbers but because it'll diversify competition. No offense to ppl on my server but for the most part it's the same groups during specific time frames. Would be nice to see different teams :)

also you would be able to choose the wz which you like it

There are 5 warzones available at the moment. Allow people to choose, and you'll mostly see Huttball and Voidstar warzones and none of the others.

Bad idea, so I think a better system would be to allow people to pick upto 2 warzones they DON'T like, and "untick" them in a preference screen similar to the screen where you can untick flashpoints for groupfinder.

Unticking any warzones would ofcourse mean that those fights would NOT count towards the PvP dailies, only fights where you have all warzones ticked would count. Gotta be available allround to make it count.

As for cross-server features? No thank you, we REALLY don't need that in this game. Maybe big AV-classic sized server vs server battles, but certainly no mixed-server teams.

There are 5 warzones available at the moment. Allow people to choose, and you'll mostly see Huttball and Voidstar warzones and none of the others.

Bad idea, so I think a better system would be to allow people to pick upto 2 warzones they DON'T like, and "untick" them in a preference screen similar to the screen where you can untick flashpoints for groupfinder.

Unticking any warzones would ofcourse mean that those fights would NOT count towards the PvP dailies, only fights where you have all warzones ticked would count. Gotta be available allround to make it count.

As for cross-server features? No thank you, we REALLY don't need that in this game. Maybe big AV-classic sized server vs server battles, but certainly no mixed-server teams.

that is why i am saying cruss server, we have 20 server. do you really think you won't get alderran or nova or hypergates or voidstar or hutball in 20 server?

As much as I would love to choose my own warzone, it would make some of them unplayable due to teams specializing in a particular warzone by stacking professions that excel in certain warzones.

Cross server would be good for rateds, but would do nothing for normal wz's. Average queue time for a normal wz on my server is just about 1-3 minutes.

Edited by Twighead

An Idea on mine is the not choose the warzone you want to play just choose one warzone you absolutely do not want to play. (Would be civil war or ancient hypergates for me) Also the ability to set it similarly to the group finder where you don't want to queue for in progress warzones. I think cross server is a great idea though, faster queues are always better.

EDIT: More with cross server pvping. Set the game like guild wars 2 where you can have friends on other servers and contact them at any time as long as they are online of course. DO NOT do cross language PvP, at least not in the US. I could see it working in Europe, because most people speak more than one language there, but throwing someone in a match from the US with a team that speaks most French or German would be a nightmare.

Edited by theSCARAYone

You are right, if I need the daily I will stick around. When I am playing for fun, I leave every Huttball game and Voidstar game I can. It is ok though, alot of times I will get out and be placed right back into a different huttball and voidstar match.

I have been playing since beta weekends and always hated huttball and loved Alderaan civil war. They would need to have a incentive like 25 Ranked comms for every random queue, otherwise I will be happy to never see Huttball again.

As much as I would love to choose my own warzone, it would make some of them unplayable due to teams specializing in a particular warzone by stacking professions that excel in certain warzones.

Cross server would be good for rateds, but would do nothing for normal wz's. Average queue time for a normal wz on my server is just about 1-3 minutes.

i said wz cross server. that is 20 server not only your server

example: 100 people wanna play hutball and only 7 want to play voidstar (this is an example) well they said they cant add choose wz but they said this before the wargames (imp vs imp, rep vs rep)now if they add WZ CROSS SERVER we would be able to choose the wz which you love (Hutball and Hypergates to me) and play them and there will be enough people for all the wz in this game.

i think we might cross a USA server with a French server. maybe you are wondering, but we don't talk the same lenguage. well that's truth but to be honest you don't type too much in a wz, you do what you have to do and know

maybe you say: grass or snow stuff like that but the people can easily learn that. even if we don't put USA and FRENCH cross servers (this is an example, i am talking about all the servers) we could get this feature in this game.

english cross server

french cross server

german cross server

well thank you guys and tell me what you think.

ps: i wanna play hutball all day all night lololol

Anytime you allow the user base to choose the warzone to play you end up playing only one warzone all the time... People will choose the fastest warzone and all the other will never be in rotation.... It's like Counter Strike, people would only play Dust Map they wouldn't even try new maps... A lot of people hate Hutball initially but if foreced to play it they become better and start to like it.. True some people will never love it but at least it's in the rotation for people who do enjoy it.

I do think they will need to do cross server, if just to mix it up so pug teams are not foreced to play the same premades over and over again...