give the leaders more control when it comes to handing out loot.

what my issue is the lack of the master looters ability to hand out loot. I don't like that the loot is given to someone. some people don't want the loot so it rots or goes to a vendor when someone else in the op can get it. please disallow the automatic loot designation. it was very confusing and frustrating the past 2 weekends because people didnt get gear and it was given to someone who couldnt use it. After we completed the pylons today we had to give each person lead of the ops just to loot the box because it wouldnt let you loot. Please bioware fix your game before adding content. add a random or allow the ops leader to hand out loot as we see fit not your weird algorithm.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second this.

My guild fully cleared EV on Friday, and we hadn't set loot rules for the first boss. When we saw the loot was split automatically to whoever the game chose, we set it to ML. On the second boss, it was as if the ML setting didn't change anything as we didn't notice a difference. However, once we completed the Pylon event, the chest denied everyone access to everything but the Commendations, credits and the random schematic.

What the hell is the point in having both a Master Looter setting AND automatic loot division with no off switch?

Quite irritating having to pass up a nice pair of Columi leggings over this lame bug. Fix this ASAP!

OK for the umpteenth time

Normal modes are handed out because the devs felt this was the best way (as this option is puggable) to prevent Ninja looters. HM and NM are master lootable.

i dont care what the rationale is. we do guild runs, we dont have ninja looters. why ruin it for the 99 percent.

Totally agree! This is slowing down our progression to get to Hard modes, because we aren't able to direct gear in the most intelligent way.

I totally get that this has been explained and rationalized. I'm telling you that this is a pain for my guild and a huge source of frustration.

Thank you for your time and attention.

-hithlo

Wicked Claw, Guildmaster

If you are running as a guild you should be starting with Hard Mode. Dailies get you gear on par/better than tionese (crafted ear/implants are better than columi) Whatever random columi you get from normal mode is just a bonus.

So 6 days or so of dailies and some creds on the GTN and you're good to go.

Well, i get the idea of preventing ninja looting. But surely you could just add a feature which requires 8 signatures to turn off. Ie

Operations leader wishes to TURN OFF, assigned loot system. and switch to (master looter/need before greed)

Do you agree to this?

Yes - No

If everyone in the raid agrees, problem solved.

Alternatively, make need before greed actually work like it should.

Inquisitor gear drops, all inquisotrs get first dibs to need or greed. should they all greed/pass the first box, everyone gets offered the chance to need or greed.

Its infuriating seeing the one piece of columi you need drop, only to find that someone else gets it automatically. Whether they have it or not annoys me. I need 1 thing from normal mode ops, and every time i've done one i dont get it, makingthe entire raid, without fail, completely pointless for me.

Add this to the other million stupid things in this game and the constant nerfs to everything thats good, is slowly making me think about unsubbing. After all, end game content is completed even if i didnt get the loot i wanted... nothing left to do/see. Now i just get to watch my toons get slowly nerfed to death. Great job bioware.

If you are running as a guild you should be starting with Hard Mode. Dailies get you gear on par/better than tionese (crafted ear/implants are better than columi) Whatever random columi you get from normal mode is just a bonus.

So 6 days or so of dailies and some creds on the GTN and you're good to go.

Honestly, I am tired of seeing responses like this. Stop telling me what my or anyone elses guild needs to do. We chose to start on normal as a guild. See the fights, get some gear, move on to hard modes. I dont care if other guilds started on hards or if normals are meant to be puggable. The bottom line is this feature sucks, is stupid, not well thought out, and should never have been implemented in the first place.

BW, you know how you deal with ninja looters? You let the community black list them. Dont implement server transfers and make it so a person's legacy name is always on in some fashion. That way, any ninja on any of their characters on a server get flagged by the community and people avoid them like the plague. Your current system is broken and counter-productive to actually helping people get gear from running raids.

We chose to start on normal as a guild. See the fights, get some gear, move on to hard modes. I dont care if other guilds started on hards or if normals are meant to be puggable.

That's fine, most guilds probably did as well. Ours definitely did, and we were annoyed by this mechanic as some items certainly went to the incorrect AC, so the next week, we did HM. I know it sounds like people saying what you should/shouldn't do, but they are just pointing you in the direction of a solution to your problem. The step up from normal to HM is extremely small, and if you handled normal with ease as most guilds do, you'll find it more enjoyable. You'll get gear handed out to the correct players via master looter.

Provided master looter bug doesn't show up so you only get schems and exotech.

This is all we do. Guild runs. This automatic loot designation is really getting in our way.

Normal modes drop the same tier as hardmode flashpoints. Assuming your guild does organized dungeon runs then odds are you guys are ready for hard mode/not a ton of gear waiting for you in normals.

Normal, difficulty wise, is a bit of a joke, we 7-manned karagga last night and it was still 1shot city. The Xenotech crap is just that, crap, you're better off running HMs and maybe one more normal to try to fill out peoples gear, then take your guild up to hardmodes.

If I want to gear someone up i run them in HM FPs, if i want to show a brand new raider what raid mechanics look like, I take them to normal mode, when I want to raid, hardmode+ or it's just a boring 1shot fest. *shrug* Guilds should not be using normals to gear up, it's inefficient even with ml on speedwise compared to just having your boys run their hard modes.

People fail to realise that NORMAL mode OPS are meant for PUGS and Casual Raiders. The main problem in all MMO's with PUG groups has always been NINJA looters.

The PRE Destined Loot weeds that out, so to say this, if you want to say you are a raid guild Get into Hard Modes and enjoy the Rolling for Loot in your guild. Otherwise asking Bioware to change something that combats a problem, yeah dont think it is gonna happen.

People fail to realise that NORMAL mode OPS are meant for PUGS and Casual Raiders. The main problem in all MMO's with PUG groups has always been NINJA looters.

The PRE Destined Loot weeds that out, so to say this, if you want to say you are a raid guild Get into Hard Modes and enjoy the Rolling for Loot in your guild. Otherwise asking Bioware to change something that combats a problem, yeah dont think it is gonna happen.

you fail to realize, that some guilds are casual raiders. My guild is not a raid guild we are a guild of friends that can and do raid, hardmodes, ops etc.

remove this "feature" please.

If it's a 100% guild run then the game should not be auto handing out loot. Period.

Nobody should ever get a second pair of gloves when another person of the same class does not have tier gloves. I could write a few lines of code in a matter of moments on a 30 year old computer to fix that.

Master Looter on Hardmodes works for some of you? It certainly doesn't for us. If we turn on Master Looter then no tier loot drops at all. So still, at least for us, there is no master looter available at any point in ops.

The loot system is seriously, seriously messed up and the biggest reason you can give me a slash wave at the end of this billing cycle.

Edited by balane

Sorry but saying it prevents people from ninjaing loot, is a POOR excuse for this shoddy system. If that is the case then why is autoassigned loot not done in Flashpoints? Ninja'ing happens worse there than raids. Yet we're still subject to people taking loot for their companions, or for mods, or because it looks cool over somebody that could have used it. So basically until somebody can explain this inconsistency between all the loot systems BETTER, then please stop using ninja's as an excuse. Again it's a poor excuse.

OK for the umpteenth time

Normal modes are handed out because the devs felt this was the best way (as this option is puggable) to prevent Ninja looters. HM and NM are master lootable.

We dont need mommy to tell us who gets what. We can handle that as a community and will redily not allow ninja players in pug operations. the truth isvery selcet few ever lead pugs and are entirely anle to make sure loot is handed in a fair fashion. its been that way since raids began, no need to restrict us now.

This system is even worse than dealing with ninja looters, because it is effectively forcing everyone to be a ninja looter.

Auto assigning is no different than everyone just rolling need on anything they can use, regardless of whether they really need it or not.

LOL thats incredibly shortsighted Alow master looting . Raid leaders that nija dont survive on servers. its a lazy way to restrict player aqusistion

Normal OPS = PUG, or to learn encounters as a guild while having the CHANCE of easy loots once a week. Don't like it, tough luck. When I run a HM FP I'm not guaranteed something I can use, same thing with normal OPS (which are easier than a lot of HM FPs).

Serious about gearing up? Run HM FPs like everyone else. Not that you even need columi, HM OPS can be done by 8 people using the PVP epics, Tionese grade epics, or Ilum/Belsavis daily modded gear.

Normal OPS = PUG, or to learn encounters as a guild while having the CHANCE of easy loots once a week. Don't like it, tough luck. When I run a HM FP I'm not guaranteed something I can use, same thing with normal OPS (which are easier than a lot of HM FPs).

Serious about gearing up? Run HM FPs like everyone else. Not that you even need columi, HM OPS can be done by 8 people using the PVP epics, Tionese grade epics, or Ilum/Belsavis daily modded gear.

not the point though, thanks internet bully.

the point is the loot system is broken, on top of a hundred other bugs and imbalances, and they want to release more content.

lol, I couldn't even imagine missing the point any more than you did.

So instead of people ninja looting... the game ninja loots for them. This is why you guys defend and call fixed. Sorry but when the game gives the same person over and over again.... even if that person has the loot already.... that is not fixed. Thats the game acting as a ninja loot.

At the very least it needs to be an option. ML is broken in some cases in HM and nightmare. So that needs fixed as well.

I can't believe someone can actually defend this system. 2 times so far I have gotten columi bracers or belt by stupid mechanic while I have both tanking and dps rakata crafted and someone in raid could use them. Complete waste of gear.