Who do you vote for MVP?

fatninja

I have always voted for healers since they are very crucial in games and its harder for them to get medals since they are usually not on the offensive. So, I started playing a healer recently and I see everyone voting for highest damage done. So, who do you vote for MVP? and why?

Depends a lot on the people I play with, and to a less extent, what Warzone we're playing. If there is an obvious tactical winner:

For hutball, I'll vote for whoever I think has done the best job either carrying the ball, clearing the path or guarding the ball carrier. It's different every game.

It's it's a control point scenario, if they call for reinforcements well I tend to vote for the poor person who is left defending a node while the rest of us are having fun fighting.

Otherwise, I'll look at the scoreboard at the end. Provided I've seen them actually healing and not not spamming NS -> Healing themselves, I'll almost always vote for a healer. If it's a close call between two healers, I'll vote for the second one, because I know how much of a pain it is to see someone with 20k more healing than you get 3-4 MVP votes while you get none, especially when the scoreboard only ever tells half the story, at best.

I always play with my girlfriend, who always wants me to vote for her, so guess who I vote for. xD

She votes for me to, but when I notice someone do well, or help me out in a tight spot, I'll tell her to vote for that person, then I vote for her, foregoing my own vote. Everyone wins that way. c:

I always play with my girlfriend, who always wants me to vote for her, so guess who I vote for. xD

She votes for me to, but when I notice someone do well, or help me out in a tight spot, I'll tell her to vote for that person, then I vote for her, foregoing my own vote. Everyone wins that way. c:

you are a ***** :p

The guy that i felt helped the team win or put out the effort in team play ... the killing machine if that helped us cap, the healer who kept us on our feet, the tank who guarded us, the ninja who got the doors and bridges or stealthy cap, the guy who stayed back to guard the node and who called out for incomings ... etc.

i DO NOT vote for the guy who was afk at the node (like today at alderaan ... standing on the grass side node ... afk) or the big dpser who had low kills (useless imo) or the guy who yells at his team (that never helps)

In the past I was playing a Sage (healing spec) so would MVP the person that tried to protect me (IE: Id give a MVP vote about 5% of the time).

But I just got sick and tired of seeing imps run through Republic forces to attack me with out anyone even batting a eye the other 95% of time.

So I have switched to DPS Trooper and BH and to be honest, I dont give anyone a MVP vote anymore, unless playing with a friend or guildmate and then we MVP each other.

Why should I?

I know how annoying it is to not be protected as a healer so go out of my way to protect healers now as my BH and Trooper, and they still vote for their buddy who left them high and dry alone.

MVP is the worst system I have ever seen in any MMORPG.

Its nothing more then elementary school popularity contest.

So I dont give anyone a vote anymore.

Figure im not going to add to a system that doesnt work and is abused badly.

Rather see a no system in place like MVP

Some say new system for highest damage and kills and ect but I disagree as all that will happen is some players will forget about the team even more and just go out on their own to do damage and or kills. Heck I can see that system already being exploited and its not even in place.

Just take MVP and all mulipliers out and let the WZ be enough.

Pri 1: If i am in a premade, i vote on some in my group.

Pri 2: If i know someone been solo guarding a node for most of the match, they'll get my vote.

Pri 3: Healer , a good dps , or someone with a high objective score.

Pri 4: Someone i like or know.

Pri x: i am sometimes bored, the match went VERY bad, i'll just vote on a random guy.

But i do try to vote every time. Think i missed out 3 or 4 times since i first began pvp'ing in this game.

Sometimes, i wish i could vote on the enemy too, for a "most annoying player".

Seeing as i usually always play with a group of friends or guildies, we almost always vote each other. However when i do play solo, if somebody was guarding me or trying to protect me while healing they will get my vote. Also could be somebody with high obj points or dps. Sometimes if its a complete fail game and i dont think anybody deserves MVP i wont give it to anybody:cool:

I have always voted for healers since they are very crucial in games and its harder for them to get medals since they are usually not on the offensive. So, I started playing a healer recently and I see everyone voting for highest damage done. So, who do you vote for MVP? and why?

Objective points.

Generally I am like most people, in that I vote for the person I notice helping me the most. If I am guarded by a certain tank, healed by a noticeable healer, or have someone defending a node/passing the ball with me a lot, then that person will get my vote.

If it's one of those games where I don't notice any of the above, then I always give my love to another tank. Our protection numbers never seem to get noticed beside first damage, then heals, then medals.

I give my vote to the guy guarding the weak node that actually calls incs.

To the guy that passess to the hutball and runs infront of ball carrier to offer pass options.

To the guy that uses CC's smartly(Probably give it to this guy the most..but there seems to be very few of them..)

I vote in order to see if I get any votes myself.

Ha ha ha. I do this in really bad matches, where I want to give a LVP to everyone else on the team. :) I usually pick the person at the bottom of the screen, because they probably got into the game with like 10 seconds left do to someone else quitting.

In normal games I usually vote in the order of useful things I think are most rare, in order:

1. Special circumstances. Like the guy who was bug-stunned all game (although, come to think of it, if he'd been a *real* team player, he would have quit and let someone else in to help us - but we won anyway, so I didn't think of that at the time :) ). Or the guy who, literally *as the score board was coming up*, pulled the enemy ball carrier into the acid for the 1 to 1 tie-breaker win in a HB game (coolest ending ever).

2. Someone who politely calls out team-instructions to guide our efforts, win or lose. I've started trying to do this if I'm marked leader and no one else has taken it upon themselves. Actually been pleasantly surprised at times to see people respond and make a good game out of it.

3. Someone who is protecting me when I'm on my healer.

4. Person who stayed at the off node, and called out incs. I know how boring that is (and nerve wracking at the same time - because you just *know* a stealther is lurking out there... waiting... ).

5. I always check who that person is that went off by themselves to try to cap 3 when we have 2 perfectly good nodes to defend - I try not to MVP them.

Otherwise I look at objective points.

I almost always vote for the person with the most objective points. As long as I'm not with a guild mate. If the team is total fail I go with healer or don't vote at all. I'm currently struggling to understand why highest damage receives votes. Is that ******* marauder/insert dps here going to town on a tank receiving heals really deserve a MVP vote?