fun names you picked out for your character.

saiyanjedidmv

the title says it all state the name you made for your character(s), why you picked it, and where you got the idea from!:cool: also please give your opinions on others characters name if you wish but be polite, please.

I shall go first:

-canderordo: he is named after canderous ordo and as such he is a trooper(vanguard) unlike canderous however he is of neutral alignment. originally his name was going to be jangordo but it was invalid.

-blasilver: simply a combination of blade and silver.

-tyranitiger: named because tyanrus is a cool sounding name(even though I edited a little) and I like tigers.

-zeninja: a combination of zen and ninja I thought it would be an appropriate name for a jedi shadow (light sided).

-bladengo: a combination of blade and jango he was originally gonna be named after jango fett but it was already taken so I had to do some mass editing to make it unique.

-mousha'saburai: my personal favorite in terms of names since his name is japanese it means blind warrior I intended it to be blind samurai but close enough.You can go ahead and correct me if I am mistaken in anyway.

When i first transferred from my original server to The Bastion i had to rename my Commando again.

I was bored and very low on ideas at the time, so i simply named him "Gottam". The name originated from a wonderful Team Fortress 2 meme.

My only regret is that i didn't make him look more like Engie :tran_frown: .

Edited by GhostDrone

Asania: My Chiss bounty hunter. Her name was originally Alaina, before I changed realms/servers/whatever. I had been watching the Legend of Korra at the time, and there was a character named Asami. I just kinda rolled with that and changed some lettering.

Amotak: My Chiss sith warrior. The brother of Asania. I was watching LoK at the time I made him (or rather, the bad guy just blew up, and the season ended). The villian, named Amon in his masked form, and Noatak in his unmasked form, reminded me a bit of the Phantom of the Opera (which I LOVE) so I comined the villians names.

At one point, I had an agent named Daaé, after Christine Daaé in Phantom of the Opera, but I got bored with the agent story.

Edited by Kikilicious

My Sorc is called Nabushi - this is a line from a very funny (and old) Comic Strip Presents show called "Mr Jolly Lives next door"

Rik Mayall and Ade Edmonson are in a Japanese guys hotel room trying to get room service to deliver large gin and tonics - Rik then asks the Japanese guy what room number is it - he replies " Nabushi Shanghong"

I nearly made my Legacy name Shanghong too (i didn't)

My Trooper is Kurus Therumbras, named after Cyrus the Great (King of Persia) and Ferumbras, one of the Paladins of Charlemagne. He's the son of a Duke, heir to his house's throne, who volunteered for military service because it is was the honorable thing to do - hence, he's named after a renowned emperor and a european knight.

My Jedi Knight Kyril was named for the Russian name "Kiril", from the Greek word "Kyrios" meaning "Lord".

My Sniper was named Velikaya, which is the femenine form of "The Great", again in Russian, because I wanted a good female name for a Sniper. Since the most famous women snipers were Russian soldiers during WWII, I picked a Russian name - Eventually I went to "Catherine the Great" (A Russian Empress) for which the nickname was "Velikaya" (The Great).

I swear that the greco/russian theme naming was unintentional.

My Sith Sorcerer is a weasely little man with asiatic features named Ming. I created him after I realized there's a "The Merciless" title. Draw your own conclusions ;D

Edited by HellbirdIV

My Imperial Agent is "RenamingVictim" given I lost my name to a person who hasn't logged in since shortly after 1.2. Knowing the account is cancelled, knowing the person doesn't play, I still lost the name because he had it first on his server and was a higher level before he quit.

My original character was Myrddin, the British form of the name Merlin.

I heard a friend describing the knight combat system, and it reminded me of the battle awen described in a book about Merlin by Stephen Lawhead and couldn't resist.

Of course...with the Great And Evil Server Merging, I was forced to lose that name, because someone else already has it on both my servers. :'(

My Inquisitor's name is Morokei because when he was created I played skyrim a lot and I had lost my original name of Hircine so decided to name him after a dragon mask.

My jug is diablocow for obvious reasons.

My commando is Vakarian after garrus

Remy Vasir-Jedi Shadow-Zabrak: Originally made this name up for a story I wrote about one of my old SWG characters. I chose Vasir as the lastname because of the Asari SPECTRE in the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC for ME2. Remy just seemed a good first name to go along with Vasir.

Anso Vasir-Juggernaught-Zabrak: Anso is the name of a Dwarf in Dragon Age 2. Gave him the Vasir lastname because Remy is his twin sister.

Hitomi-Guardian-Mirialan: Hitomi is my favorite fighter from the Dead or Alive games. Love the name so I used it here.

Tallisabeth-Scoundrel-Mirialan: Hitomi's older sister. Came across this name first in the Star Wars novel Yoda: Dark Rendezvous.

Izayoi-Commando-Human: A Japanese name that I love. I used it in SWG for one of my 6 toons there. The only name I carried over from SWG.

Ash'abel'lanan-Sorceror-Twi'lek: Slightly altered name from DA2, Ash'abel'lanar. The name the Dallish give to Flemeth, The Witch of the Wilds.

Eryn'Jayde-Sniper-Chiss: Came up with this name for another story I wrote, decided to use it here.

Settatt-Powetech-Rattattaki: Name generator.

Nyx'ceris-Twi'lek-Marauder: Slightly altered version of Nyxeris, Asari secretary of Liara T'Soni in ME2.

Isaac (Sith Marauder) - Cheers for a normal name. i was one of the first players of the game so I had a lot of options, and so I decided to give this guy a normal name.

Skradin (Mercenary) - Something I completely made up on my own.

Washington (Operative) - Named after Agent Washington from Red vs. Blue

Aloiysius (Assassin) - Modification of Aloysius Kallig

Gorothul (Sorcerer) - Named after Gorothul in Lord of the Rings: Online

Rapter (Gunslinger) - Love this name. Was giddy as heck when I found it was available :D

Ardun (Jedi Guardian) - Named after the character in the Agent's story, Arden Kothe (Or however you spell the guy's name)

Jarude (Vanguard) - Something I made up

Aerios (Powertech) - Again, something I made up

Director, now Monthai (Sniper) - Originally Director, but I lost that name when servers merged :(. Original name is from the Director in Red vs. Blue, whose real name is Leonard Church. Ironically, the AI based on him is a horrible sniper :D

Sleeves (Commando) - I got nothing :D

I have too many characters for my own good! :p

Mine so far are:

Stomvhal[vanguard]: Named after a D&D campaign and Stomvhal turned out to be an avatar of Tempus. Always liked the name.

Feyd-Rathua[smuggler]: Named after Feyd from Dune.

Sonyja[commando]: Named after Red Sonyja, but she's green!

can't remember the others off the top of my head but those i thought were intersting.

my toons names...

Lorhin (gunslinger) - a name i tend to use in MMOs

Shylar (guardian) - another name i use in MMOs

Sashel (scoundrel) - ditto the above

Sayine (sniper) - and ditto again

Jalgo (shadow) - i dunno, i think i just pulled this one out of the air

Bashilna (sorcerer) - original name was Bashilma, which i got from the name generator in character creation. had to change the name when the servers were consolidated.

Rucen (sage) - i think this one came from the name generator, too.

Karels (vanguard) - a spin on the name Carol

Zaldara (commando) - took a name from the name generator and changed it a little

Temyah (powertech) - i just made this one up

Ait (scoundrel) - made this one up, too

Marauder - Kordis, similar to Q'ordis from the first Bane book. No inspiration from the character or anything, I just liked how it sounds

Juggernaut - Vaelin, made it similar (but not too similar) to Vader on purpose. Plus I feel like it sounds good with "Darth" in front of it.

Sentinel - Roswin, Completely made up name that I used as my main in WoW (he was a Paladin, which as as close as you can get to a Jedi IMO, so it made sense to me)

Really all my names are pretty random. I just try to come up with something that I think sounds cool, not that I'm not particularly good at it or anything :p

Comicos (originally Comicus) named after the character from Mel Brooks History of the World Part 1. I used Comicus in SWG. Comicos is a gunslinger

Aelya based off of the same name I used in SWG which I based off of Aalya Secura. Aelya is a Sage.

Mottokko (originally Mottoko) which is based off of Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell. I also tried to make her look like the major in the Ghost in the Shell movies. Mottokko is a Vanguard

Legacy name Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell so I could have a character named Major Mottokko Kusanagi.

Smurfette is named after my entertainer from SWG and based off of Smurfette from the smurfs. She is a human with blonde hair and blue eyes. She is a Sentinel.

Revvi is named after the character Revi in Black Lagoon and naturally she is a gunslinger. I made her to kind of look like Revi, but there is no purple hair in the game.

Tophh is named after Toph from Avatar the Last Air Bender. She is a shadow who bends earth and is a miralukan. I tried to make her look like Toph as much as possible.

Killdaemperor is a male Sith Assassin who wants to do what is name says. He is not a fan of the empire or the sith and wants to change or destroy the empire. I made him so I could make Sayia (his daughter).

Sayia is a pure blood Sith Jedi Guardian and is named after Saya from Blood+. I named her Sayia because I could not use the name Saya and Kari Wahlgren who is the voice actress of the female Jedi Knight is also the voice of Saya in Blood+ (English Dub).

Sumwon is a Zabrak Male Scoundrel named because saying Target Sumwon or answering Sumwon is the healer or I am currently playing Sumwon is funny. He will also try to romance Akaavi since Comicos married Risha.

Kalyo is an operative named after her first companion Kaliyo and also looks very very close to her. The only difference is Kaliyo has more nose piercings. They also will wear matching imperial dancer outfits.

Mmako is a powertech named after Mako and looks like her clone except for the implants which a player cannot match.

Vvette is a female Twilek Juggernault who looks very similar Vette her companion.

On another server I also have character named Sumone (Someone), Aneone (anyone), Nowan (No One), Anatashia (named after the Baroness from GI Joe who is voiced by Grey DeLisle in GI Joe Resolute and also is the voice of the female bounty hunter, her full name with legacy will be Baroness Anatashia DeCobray), Kalyo, and Kallash (looks like the young version of Lord Zash).

Well due to my main East coast server being too full and laggy at times, for night playing just started up a Sentinel on an European server.

Named him Gannikus for the series Spartacus: Gods of the Arena. He was the champ for the House of Batiatus.