Death Battle 1: Darth Malgus vs Darth Baras

Darkondo

Ok ive been looking at all the vs threads and ive decided to start my own Death battle series (inspiration goes to Kaggath Series) instead of analyzing power base vs power base this focuses on individual strength based on accomplishments (to prove your point) and overall power.

So who would win the In Your Face Radical Juggernaut Darth Malgus or the Fat Scheming Mastermind himself Darth Baras? (seriously i firmly believe "The Fatman" was named after Darth Baras)

Well, it all depends. They are focused differently... Baras is a schemer, Malgus is a face-puncher.

My vote is Malgus wins, though. He canonically takes all four of the classes from one side to take down. baras gets his rear handed to him by one.

Correction: the Fatman server was named after a ship in the Deceived novel.

My vote goes for Darth Malgus. In the Deceived novel, that guy is just a beast. The best part is in the end. I won't give spoilers, but he basically walks through this guy's force lightning like it's nothing.

He's also a true Sith in my opinion. He is all about conflict, whereas other Sith wanted the Treaty of Coruscant. He really is a true Sith. He makes decisions based off of the Sith Code. Also I think Malgus acheives oneness with the Darkside at one point. That's how epic he is.

His fighting style is all about strength, so I imagine he uses the Djem So dueling style. Just throwing that out there...

I confess that I haven't played through the Sith Warrior story all the way - so I'm a little ill-informed when it comes to Darth Baras. I'm sure Baras would make it a close fight however. I've heard he can get EXTREMELY angry, and anger is power for a Sith.

I hope they kill each other as I don't like either of them. My personal dislike for both aside, I would give this to Malgus unless baras had the time to conjure up a trap for Malgus. Heead to head Malgus has the advantage. If Baras has the time to come up with some kind of trap then he may win. I still say Malgus though.

I hope they kill each other as I don't like either of them. My personal dislike for both aside, I would give this to Malgus unless baras had the time to conjure up a trap for Malgus. Heead to head Malgus has the advantage. If Baras has the time to come up with some kind of trap then he may win. I still say Malgus though.

You make a good point.

Darth Malgus there is no debate to it.

The wrath beat baras by himself and it takes 4 of the empires champions to take down darth malgus.

That's a decent point, but I don't like these in-game comparisons. Let's looka t what you're saying:

It took 4 fully leveled players to beat Malgus, whereas it only to 1 to beat Baras

You logic would imply other things:

Say you're fighting Bengel Morr in the JK's storyline at lvl 10. You beat him. Right after that - you travel to Corellia and you take on a lvl 45 droid. That droid is gonna kick you butt! Does this mean that the droid is supposed to be more powerful canonically then Bengel Morr (who's a Jedi)? No. It's just how the leveling in the game works.

The wrath beat baras by himself and it takes 4 of the empires champions to take down darth malgus.

Well that makes no sense really....SO your telling me because it takes the JK,JC,Trooper,Smuggler to take out Malgus that....

Malgus > JK > Emperor? lol.

Edited by Girdeux

Malgus will roflstomp Baras's complaining little kid attitude and white fat butt to oblivion... (no not the game :p)

Based on his accomplishments in battle through the years and as stated before he is just a beast.

However:

you dont get to see how powerfull Baras really is in the game so who knows

Well you do get to see this in the SW story and it is laughable.

I had more trouble with Lord Draagh.

But this is my personal opinion. :p

Edited by NummSaul

Good points im seeing a heavy onesided leaning towards Malgus so il play devil's advocate. Game mechanics dont prove a characters power necesarily. Thats basically saying since it takes 8-16ppl to kill Kephess then hes stronger than Malgus since it only takes 4. Does that mean Kephess is btr than Malgus. No thats just a game mechanic of an OP compared to a FP. A few points on Baras, he was so powerful that he convinced the DC that he had the Emperor in side of him. There also might be evidence that he made deals with Sel Makor to augment his power but this is merely speculation. On a note he easily beat Darth Angral with lightning whom was holding Malgus' leash at the time of the Sacking of Coruscant, as well as dueling Satele Shan (whom i believe was a Master at the time correct me if im wrong as opposed to a Knight when Malgus fought her), and her Master Dar'nala to a stalemate. Just 2cents to those who arent completely familiar with Baras.

Good points im seeing a heavy onesided leaning towards Malgus so il play devil's advocate. Game mechanics dont prove a characters power necesarily. Thats basically saying since it takes 8-16ppl to kill Kephess then hes stronger than Malgus since it only takes 4. Does that mean Kephess is btr than Malgus. No thats just a game mechanic of an OP compared to a FP. A few points on Baras, he was so powerful that he convinced the DC that he had the Emperor in side of him. There also might be evidence that he made deals with Sel Makor to augment his power but this is merely speculation. On a note he easily beat Darth Angral with lightning whom was holding Malgus' leash at the time of the Sacking of Coruscant, as well as dueling Satele Shan (whom i believe was a Master at the time correct me if im wrong as opposed to a Knight when Malgus fought her), and her Master Dar'nala to a stalemate. Just 2cents to those who arent completely familiar with Baras.

You make a good point.

I realize that Darth Baras is pretty beast, but Malgus is just so... dominant. Yeah... that's the word! Malgus is kinda like the honey badger; he doesn't care!

But back to actual debating. I feel that it'd be close, but in the end Malgus can't lose.

Correction: the Fatman server was named after a ship in the Deceived novel.

My vote goes for Darth Malgus. In the Deceived novel, that guy is just a beast. The best part is in the end. I won't give spoilers, but he basically walks through this guy's force lightning like it's nothing.

He's also a true Sith in my opinion. He is all about conflict, whereas other Sith wanted the Treaty of Coruscant. He really is a true Sith. He makes decisions based off of the Sith Code. Also I think Malgus acheives oneness with the Darkside at one point. That's how epic he is.

His fighting style is all about strength, so I imagine he uses the Djem So dueling style. Just throwing that out there...

I confess that I haven't played through the Sith Warrior story all the way - so I'm a little ill-informed when it comes to Darth Baras. I'm sure Baras would make it a close fight however. I've heard he can get EXTREMELY angry, and anger is power for a Sith.

He is a true sith, however not because of that. The otehr sith lords didnt wanted the treaty, the emperor wanted it.

He is a true sith, however not because of that. The otehr sith lords didnt wanted the treaty, the emperor wanted it.

The Emperor wanted it because of Revan planting seeds in his mind that it was the best option. Or something like that.

Hm, Malgus would likely win since he's a fighter vs Baras who someone mentioned was a schemer (which he is) so despite putting up a not-so-valiant struggle, Baras would quickly be overcome/killed.

If however Baras would get the jump on Malgus then.. i dunno, guess it might actually be pretty even depending which one the surroundings favored and whatnot.

So yeah:

Open 1 v 1 fight - Winner would be Malgus, hands down.

But let Baras skulk around/get the first strike in and he'd win.. well, maybe.. probably.. :rak_03:

JK only fought the voice.

100% Irrelevant. Its stated the Voices have the Emperors full power, which is why he has to change host bodies due to dark side corruption of his immense power.

Also i forgot to mention the SW fights an Emperor Amped Sel Makor.

100% Irrelevant. Its stated the Voices have the Emperors full power, which is why he has to change host bodies due to dark side corruption of his immense power.

Also i forgot to mention the SW fights an Emperor Amped Sel Makor.

Its stated in the jedi knight story that the emperor is in a weakened state. Lets not forget the fact that he just switched bodies its also stated that they had to strike when he is re gathering his power.

Edited by lokdron

Like ive said game mechanics are irrelevant when it comes to comparing ones power. Jst because it takes 4ppl to down Malgus in a fp doesnt mean it takes 4 to beat him in an actual canonical fight.

Although it is canon that he fights all 4 of em at once there is no evidence to suggest that he could've beat any one of the player classes 1v1 (aside from the smuggler, trooper, and probably bounty hunter as i dnt see them winning 1v1 vs Malgus.). If u ask me all the jedi and sith classes could top Malgus 1v1(albeit not easily whatsoever) it just happened to be 4v1 due to game mechanics wanting it to be that way. (Id give the agent a fair chance vs Malgus since he beat the 2nd most powerful sith in the empire (one stronger than Malgus) as stated by Watcher2 who's mind is equivalent to that of a supercomputer.)

The SithWarrior Story was beautifully fun in how you could say the worst things to Baras and all he did was constanly give idle threats and cry .

^This

Yes Trolling Baras every chance u get is hilarious. But one thing that gets me is that from the SW story all ppl see is Baras is a fat man that makes you do all the work (which he kinda does but it makes him appear really weak since hes not doing it himself) while all he does is scheme from the shadows.

While yes Baras' true strength lies in his scheming (he outsmarted his master, the entire DC, and the emperor himself, and wouldve gotten away with it had it not been for the Wrath) I feel due to this and all his mannerisms (such as letting u troll him and not doing anything about it, as well as being fat) ppl really downplay his actual power.

Personally i only thought the reason he let u get away with it was because you brought results and didnt fail your assignments. He force choked and killed his subordinate on Hoth via. holo for failing him.

I heard in beta that if you troll baras enough he would choke you through the communicator.

For story sake I don't insult him since he is my master and have you ever seen a sith apprentice troll/insult their master to their face? Er I don't know any that have done that.

Ok really? You made a thread on this? We all know Baras will win.....By a weight.....Literally,;). Baras practice: Cake is a lie, There is only Pie, through pie I gain weight through weight I become fat through fat I gain body mass through body mass my belt is broken. The couch will free me. (Lol I was just kidding about the first 2 sentences of my reply) This is from the Darth Baras thread btw im not takin credit for it all the way lol