Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

BadgerFett

You all can claim sorcerers are balanced or underpowered all you want. Sight all the personal experiences that you like.

I don't new threads popping up every day about how OP operatives are. I do see threads every day about the sorcerer.

There isn't some giant conspiracy here. People don't go read a forum, see someone complain about the sorcerer, go back into the game and play against one, and then finally decided- "Oh my gosh! That forum post was totally right. Sorcerer is OP!"

Fact the reality. A huge majority of players think the sorcerer is overpowered. You can fight against that fact all you like but it's like yelling at a rain storm. People are going to play the game and encounter sorcerers with their own eyes. They will believe it because its real.

The reason you see lots of posts are that most the ****tards that come on the forums havent even gotten to 50 and have bad gear.

People on the forums moan because they get pissed off that the sorc escapes them in thwee 1-=49 bracket and they dont get their easy kill like they would of done on any other class they had just burst 8k in 3 seconds on.

Melee classes, that arent the gimped Operative, are so much more powerful. They do the same amount of damage, have the same amount of CC and live much much longer. People who try to claim sentinels are glass cannons really need to play a real glass cannon.

Edited by da_krall

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most CC? DPS spec sorcerers are high on the list but not alone. Rest of sorcs are lol, not close.

You know DPS spec is hybrid, right ?

Great AOE: Yes, although they aren't the only class with it - either archtype. More class archtypes have great AOE then don't.

No other class can compete on substained AOE DPS tho, mostly due to cooldowns and/or resource mechanichs.

Bubble: Check.

Heals: Every archtype but Warrior/Knight has access to heals of similar caliber.

Nup, that's why their healing is getting nerfed on 1.2

123char

Edited by Keldaur

You all can claim sorcerers are balanced or underpowered all you want. Sight all the personal experiences that you like.

I don't new threads popping up every day about how OP operatives are. I do see threads every day about the sorcerer.

There isn't some giant conspiracy here. People don't go read a forum, see someone complain about the sorcerer, go back into the game and play against one, and then finally decided- "Oh my gosh! That forum post was totally right. Sorcerer is OP!"

Fact the reality. A huge majority of players think the sorcerer is overpowered. You can fight against that fact all you like but it's like yelling at a rain storm. People are going to play the game and encounter sorcerers with their own eyes. They will believe it because its real.

Reality:

Most QQers in this very forum are overall a extremly vocal minority and while I cannot provide numbers more than 15 years of gaming experience tell me that the vast majority of players is either bad or badly geared and in many cases even both.

Therefore what is real or not is not decided by the vocal subjective opinion of the few QQers around here but by real cold hard facts which BW has in the form of metrics.

How much longer? have you done calcultions to see how getting 6 medals is opposed to getting 8 medals and in consideration to win-lose?

Most gear comes from dailies/weeklies which means winning (unless you kill trade on ilum)

And you can get 10 in "long perfect condition game"

Shadow can get 12-13 reliably. So, no, if you only care about medals sorc/sage is not way to go since tank will always get 2-3 medals more than you.

No a tank won't always get that many more medals than me. Sorcs can hit 12 medals in a match that lasts the full lenght so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I get 9 medals easy mode even in relatively short matches due to bubbles getting popped counting as healing and applying dots on everyone along with all the other massive aoes I have. It's actually the tanks that needs more time to hit that 13 medal mark. In a relatively short or medium time match, rarely will you see them get more medals than sorcs because they don't have enough time to get the extra medals for guarding and what not, while my aoe damage has me getting credit for damn near every kill happening in the match, and the damage to boot.

Healers getting 5-6 medals vs dps tanks getting 10 - 13 is a very big difference over very many games. Once you hit BM all your gear comes from dailies, but the grind up to BM, lots of your gear comes from the bags you buy.

Are you seriously trying to argue that a system that isn't stat tracked, doesn't allow full premades, and only gives gear as a reward isn't all about medals, when those gives you a boost to valor and coms which give you said reward.

Most CC? DPS spec sorcerers are high on the list but not alone. Rest of sorcs are lol, not close.

Great AOE: Yes, although they aren't the only class with it - either archtype. More class archtypes have great AOE then don't.

Bubble: Check.

Heals: Every archtype but Warrior/Knight has access to heals of similar caliber.

DPS Sorcs have the most cc by a wide margin over any other class in the game if spec'd for it. That is a fact. They have amazing AOE, at least as good as any other classes. Single burst isn't the best, but they can dish out some nasty single target damage if you are spec'd for insta cast with hybrid spec. They have a great way to get away from people as well as get the ball across the line for the game that needs it. Friendly pull, etc. I'm a Sorc, and I rolled one because I wanted to get in on the fun too, and boy is it fun.

6 second lockout on my interupt

Bubble shield that blinds upon breaking

Aoe knock back that roots

Insta cast 8 second cc that when broken upon damage stuns target for 2 seconds.

4 second stun that does damage

6 second slow that does damage

Force lighting, 4 ticks of damage that slows while casting

Force speed to create distance

And myriad if aoe spells all of which can be channeled or insta casted with frequent procs.

P.S. Nerf Mercs and Power techs. ;)

I have to laugh at myself and my indignation last night. I play a sorc, and I was so totally frustrated and mad because I was constantly CC'd and died so easily. My barrier hardly saves me for more than a second...

I wanted to come on here and make a thread about how come I can be pushed back all the way from the Huttball holder to the green goo then cc'd to stay there til I died, and there is no way my pushback can push things that far, and my CCs have a long cooldown, yet I can be multiple-CC'd and killed helplessly. I also don't know why someone on the frame across from the huttball center can target and hit me with their skills while my forced lightning is always stopped saying out of range...

Granted, I am no expert player and I didn't really start queueing up for warzones until I was 49, so my skills are right around mediocre and I expected to die. Just didn't think I could throw everything I've got at an opponent and have their health not even go to 99%.

I think there is something imbalanced. Another player's skill at playing their class, that is the way it should be and not limitations on my skill set that doesn't match theirs, whether that be "expertise" or range.

It's too bad there has to be such a disparity about range and expertise and such that the pvp battles are people with skills that are given in different combinations, but all skills have the same dimensions. Otherwise, there is always this screaming about one class being OP -- as I myself wanted to scream last night.

Edited by Appletaz

Source of Sage/Sorc Healing getting nerfed?

Not a nerf, a bug fix. Though most sorcs abused it to no end and it was causing more throughput than intended.

They're making Force Bending do what it is supposed to do and removing our ability to get a second fast Dark Infusion from it. It's whatever, if you used it as a crutch knowing that it's a bug it'll be your fault you won't do as well post 1.2.

Edited by Laalipop

That's cause they've all re-rolled Sorc's. There are no FotM classes only FotM players.

Also complaining about lighting spam is kinda silly considering, it's the most easy attack in game there is to see (giant purple freaking lighting). Not to mention they all look relatively the same. Dot's don't really show any kind of animation until they hit other than a hand wave. The light saber is pretty much just for show. And if you're healing spec'd you have all of 3 ranged attacks till the mid 30's, force lighting and lighting bolt (forgot about shock). So people complaining about lighting spam is about as silly and pointless as complaining about classes that use guns and seeing too many shots flying around. Or melee classes swinging their sabers too much.

People will indeed jump on the complain-train, first it was ops, now it's sorc's next it will be something else, then onto something different, until all classes get nerfed into oblivion and then they'll all ***** about how unfun and boring the combat is, or that it takes a year to kill anyone. I've played as and against all the classes, each one has it's good and bad points, none of which are OP just some are better at farming medals in WZ's than others so people *****. But hey, by all means, continue to complain on the forums. If you do feel the need to complain, complain about the fact that you can shoot lighting bolts from your fingertips by level 2 but can't run until level 14.

Why the do people cite and use 1v1 as any kind of example? Every single WZ and Ilum are very much focused on group and team play, and as such the Sage/Sorc ACs get exponetially stronger the more of them are present. Thats one of the reasons you see WZ with 50-70% of the AC, the more there are the stronger they get, I have been and have seen people killed while in mid leap 100-0% by 4 of the AC. There are several other reasons you see a boat load of the AC everywhere, it requires very little input to succede with, supplies multiple roles(While spec'd it ofcourse) and has a tool for every situation. Add all that together and you have an over population of the ACs.

Several things need to happen to bring the population down. Make it more difficult to play, that doesnt mean nerfing their damage or what have you. But requiring players to, oh I dont know pay attention to their resource for starters would add alittle more thought to the AC. For all non cover type ranged auto facing could be gone easily. Add a cast time to knockback, and for petes sake murder the hybrid spec. The AC was given too much to work with, a low user input, and a non-existant resource management system.

Not a nerf, a bug fix. Though most sorcs abused it to no end and it was causing more throughput than intended.

They're making Force Bending do what it is supposed to do and removing our ability to get a second fast Dark Infusion from it. It's whatever, if you used it as a crutch knowing that it's a bug it'll be your fault you won't do as well post 1.2.

I was aware of this. It is a fix, not a nerf. As they have to fix the double dip into Psychic Projection for TK Throw.

I have to laugh at myself and my indignation last night. I play a sorc, and I was so totally frustrated and mad because I was constantly CC'd and died so easily. My barrier hardly saves me for more than a second...

I wanted to come on here and make a thread about how come I can be pushed back all the way from the Huttball holder to the green goo then cc'd to stay there til I died, and there is no way my pushback can push things that far, and my CCs have a long cooldown, yet I can be multiple-CC'd and killed helplessly. I also don't know why someone on the frame across from the huttball center can target and hit me with their skills while my forced lightning is always stopped saying out of range...

Granted, I am no expert player and I didn't really start queueing up for warzones until I was 49, so my skills are right around mediocre and I expected to die. Just didn't think I could throw everything I've got at an opponent and have their health not even go to 99%.

I think there is something imbalanced. Another player's skill at playing their class, that is the way it should be and not limitations on my skill set that doesn't match theirs, whether that be "expertise" or range.

It's too bad there has to be such a disparity about range and expertise and such that the pvp battles are people with skills that are given in different combinations, but all skills have the same dimensions. Otherwise, there is always this screaming about one class being OP -- as I myself wanted to scream last night.

Your biggest problem should be gear right now if you are not 50 very long yet.

DPS Sorcs have the most cc by a wide margin over any other class in the game if spec'd for it. That is a fact. They have amazing AOE, at least as good as any other classes. Single burst isn't the best, but they can dish out some nasty single target damage if you are spec'd for insta cast with hybrid spec. They have a great way to get away from people as well as get the ball across the line for the game that needs it. Friendly pull, etc. I'm a Sorc, and I rolled one because I wanted to get in on the fun too, and boy is it fun.

6 second lockout on my interupt

Bubble shield that blinds upon breaking

Aoe knock back that roots

Insta cast 8 second cc that when broken upon damage stuns target for 2 seconds.

4 second stun that does damage

6 second slow that does damage

Force lighting, 4 ticks of damage that slows while casting

Force speed to create distance

And myriad if aoe spells all of which can be channeled or insta casted with frequent procs.

P.S. Nerf Mercs and Power techs. ;)

Don't forget our ability to spec 31/31/31

/facepalm @ bads

Just like everyone crys when me and my buddy go tag team the entire Warzone, we are the Sith Maurader twins ( we can never be stopped) because we both are "good" at our class and we both "focus" the same target we can kill anything together, even have intrup rotation and cc rotation going on so we know whats up and down.

Yesterday i saw a sorcerer do 1mil damage and 2mil healing, he shot lightning out of his hands faster than "Drive angry" hit box sales, then he shot across the battle field with lightning speed at least for half and hour, he could bubble and take 20gcd downs on his shield.

OMG. then he knocked everyone back and rooted them for at least 20sec, he could fire of whirlwind at will, and stun people while doing damage, then when i thought i had him killed he instantly bubbled and healed up to max in 3sec. did i forgot to say he could AOE damage for 20k... omg....nerf...nerf..nerf!!!

/sarcasme of i think i heard just about everyone of them by now :)

Edited by Barzarel

I'm not sure what all the hate is towards sorcs/sages, but I do play one. This choice wasn't based on reading OP threads or anything - just in MMO's I've historically played squishy glass cannons.

That said, they're not THAT hard to beat, but people haven't figured out the tricks to stomping them. I'd implore everyone to try to figure out what to do to beat them, because 90% of the sorcs/sages on my server get face-rolled by me just because I employ a couple of tricks, and yes i've been in warzones where 80% of the players are a sorc/sage. If you people would spend time figuring out how-to defeat opponents more, than spending time writing up why you think they're OP when they aren't, then your gaming experience would be vastly more enjoyable.

At this point i feel that troopers/mercs are the most OP class. Anything that can use 4 skills to roflstomp players is crazy, add in their heavy armor, shield and heals, and you have a beast of a character.

Here's a few tips for how-to deal with sorc/sages. Melee, interrupts and snipers. We're squishy, we're mobile, we hit hard, but we're not immortal.

I'm not sure what all the hate is towards sorcs/sages, but I do play one. This choice wasn't based on reading OP threads or anything - just in MMO's I've historically played squishy glass cannons.

That said, they're not THAT hard to beat, but people haven't figured out the tricks to stomping them. I'd implore everyone to try to figure out what to do to beat them, because 90% of the sorcs/sages on my server get face-rolled by me just because I employ a couple of tricks, and yes i've been in warzones where 80% of the players are a sorc/sage. If you people would spend time figuring out how-to defeat opponents more, than spending time writing up why you think they're OP when they aren't, then your gaming experience would be vastly more enjoyable.

At this point i feel that troopers/mercs are the most OP class. Anything that can use 4 skills to roflstomp players is crazy, add in their heavy armor, shield and heals, and you have a beast of a character.

Here's a few tips for how-to deal with sorc/sages. Melee, interrupts and snipers. We're squishy, we're mobile, we hit hard, but we're not immortal.

Had a 1v1 other day with Counsler.I'm a juggernaught, got nice PvP gear, but he beat me flat.Counslers have too many buffs, I did ~10 k dmg to him, and his shields apsorbed it all + he was healing himself the whole time, when I deal something he instaheals it.In the end I got killed, and I had taken ~7% of his life away, so yeah, counslers are not immortal, and ironicly don't soak up more dmg then tanks.

Edited by PienaDesa

Had a 1v1 other day with Counsler.I'm a juggernaught, got nice PvP gear, but he beat me flat.Counslers have too many buffs, I did ~10 k dmg to him, and his shields apsorbed it all + he was healing himself the whole time, when I deal something he instaheals it.In the end I got killed, and I had taken ~7% of his life away, so yeah, counslers are not immortal, and ironicly don't soak up more dmg then tanks.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could add this whole quote to my sig!

I did ~10 k dmg to him, and his shields apsorbed it all + he was healing himself the whole time

I did ~10 k dmg to him, and his shields apsorbed it all + he was healing himself the whole time

Epic quote of the day.