accuracy for deception dps

DarthObelisk

noxic is crap, it says the same stat layout for every class..

The Sin tree is broken still (deception tree especially). I've already ranted on many other threads about it - needless to say, we have no accuracy talent, no mainstat talent, no crit talent unless you spec madness for that huge 3 percent. Thus, we are the hardest class to itemize.

After spending a billion credits swapping mods around and testing on the ops dummy, i now just run at 106/96 accuracy for both madness and deception. Voltiac slash / thrash may be dodged sometimes, but when we are on the boss or w/e we are attacking every second (nothing is channelled). Maul may be dodged sometimes, but the proc stays up. Dropping accuracy enhancments allows to actually push our force damage above 1000, which would otherwise be pretty much impossible if you stick at 110/100 accuracy with a reasonable crit rating.

Currently I have around 1044 force power, 106/96 accuracy with 35 crit rating, and I am a beast dps in both spec's :)

you didnt specify if ya meant for pvp or pve

altho i agree 100% is too much i prefer my accuracy higher then 96%... right now im running at 98.01% with 216 accuracy (and legacy stat bonus ofc)

in pve it doenst matter if you miss a hit in the long run exactly for the reasons stated by the guy above me

but in pvp its bit more important especially against tanks since melee attacks are still a majority of your overall damage

It would be for pve sorry if i forgot to mention that in the original post

here are my stats with out crit buff

melee accuracy 99.78 with a accuracy rating 281

force accuracy is 109.78

crit w/o agent's buff 32.05

multipler 75.56

and my primary melee dmg is 820-1022

It's ok to put accuracy on a deception sin, but I roll with the default 90.

Why you ask? Because 4 of our 5 attacks have no drawback from missing aside from losing that global.

Discharge and shock are force damage, so you need no acc for those. Thrash/vs is mostly filler, no loss missing those really. Maul whiffs don't consume the proc, so you just lose the global (and actually gain force since it costs less than your filler to use). The only attack you'll hate missing is assassinate, and with 90% accuracy I can't remember missing one.

Dropping accuracy enhancments allows to actually push our force damage above 1000, which would otherwise be pretty much impossible if you stick at 110/100 accuracy with a reasonable crit rating.

This statement is so wrong, it hurts my brains.

Power and Crit are primary stats on enhancements.

Surge and Accuracy are secondary stats on enhancements and therefore will never interfere with Power/Crit.

As deception and even madness we get increased damage to critical hits (basically a giant power / surge boost) Surge IS

important and unless you go for critical / accuracy or power / accuracy you will have a higher surge of say 78+. Accuracy, though useful and it would be nice to have a passive stat in say surging charge, is better off being dropped and replaced with as much power / surge as you can. Voltiac slash / thrash does not get dodged too often, maul may be dodged by just maul again. The big hitters are all force attacks.

Like i said, with zero talents for mainstat / accuracy / critical we are very hard to itemize from every other toon (i have them all, raided with them all). My merc and sniper can push 1100+ tech bonus damage because they have STATS on their trees that allows for more power mods / enhancments.

This, coupled with the fact that a lot of the Hazmat implants have no accuracy whereas your black hole did, changes your stats around a lot once you equip them.

Our option? Keep your black hole implants with accuracy - or equip your hazmat ones. In doing so, you need to replace basically every enancement with an accuracy stat to maintain your 110/100. Me personally? I am all hazmat / dreadguard. I run deception on certain bosses or madness on certain bosses. I can beat down marauders and powertechs regularly on MoX - usually I am top of the list if not 2nd or 3rd by a small fraction of a point.

Why? Because i forgo accuracy in favour of power and surge. In all 63's, I have around 1045 force bonus damage, 106/96 accuracy and 35+ crit with the madness talent when spec'd madness. In my full 63 sniper, I can have 1100+ tech bonus damage, 36+ crit, 110/100 accuracy. THIS is what I am talking about. Now, I am a pretty good Sin DPS - I have yet to meet anyone better really lol. I still think we need a few talents, maybe mainstat and accuracy in the surging charge stance. And lets not discuss how badly the deception tree needs to be revamped. Why I have to take low slash for voltiac slash in an OP is beyond me. Three points for a 5 stack surging charge thats NEVER used?

It would be for pve sorry if i forgot to mention that in the original post

here are my stats with out crit buff

melee accuracy 99.78 with a accuracy rating 281

force accuracy is 109.78

crit w/o agent's buff 32.05

multipler 75.56

and my primary melee dmg is 820-1022

Your accuracy is probably good where it is - if you wanted to, you could drop one accuracy enhancement for a surge enhancement, but diminishing returns on surge kicks in hard at 75% anyway, so it wouldn't be much of a gain.

Personally, I try to keep my crit chance at 40% buffed because the crackling blast talent makes crit shocks and discharges hit incredibly hard. In order to do that, though, you need to balance crit rating and willpower, because crit rating also starts to hit diminishing returns.

But yeah, short answer: For me personally, stack crit to 40% buffed (so 35% unbuffed) and then stack power.

Your primary damage is low. Assassins need 95-96% accuracy for melee. 105-106% for force. My primary damage for PvP is 1132-1305, for PvE its 1185-1397, madness is so crazy with my gear. I dislike deception because you rely on crits most of the time. Crits in madness help your self healing but with power you see great numbers and good dps. But I suggest deception, madness is the hardest spec in game to run, due to management of abilities.