A shame that Bioware doesnt care about PvP

Zolaz

If you enjoy PvP you will not care how many ways there are for you to kill people. Currently we have open world and 3 warzones (all of them are excellent in their design, bear that in mind). You get to kill people and play objective based, whichever you prefer, in all these.

Now, complaints are obvious, people will never be happy with what they have. Personally I've gotten to shoot others on demand, with pretty much constant pops 24/7 during beta. I really don't see what the problem is for so many people. You want PvP? Queue a WZ and kill someone.

Now, for those that think we might need some more ladders etc, sure it would be a nice addition, however if you prioritize ladder over the chance to participate in well designed PvP enviroment, then you're just an epeener.

PS. Oh and for those that don't like WZs, try Alderaan during levelling or any of the high level planets, once you're done. Plenty of people to kill I assure you.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, complaints are obvious, people will never be happy with what they have. Personally I've gotten to shoot others on demand, with pretty much constant pops 24/7 during beta. I really don't see what the problem is for so many people. You want PvP? Queue a WZ and kill someone.

PS. Oh and for those that don't like WZs, try Alderaan during levelling or any of the high level planets, once you're done. Plenty of people to kill I assure you.

Warzones don't do it for me, they are meaningless bash-fests that make no sense, have no impact on the game, and are just a tool to satisfy people who don't care that much about how they get an enemy in their targets, like you said, all you care about is shooting on demand. I'm not saying anything against your enjoyment of the warzones, it's just not everyone's cup o' tea. If I wanted that sort of gameplay, I'd multi-play an FPS. Shoot on demand is fabricated in my view, it's the epitome of instances, instantaneous satisfaction for those that don't want to wait and interact within the world of the game. I, and others, are into something with a little more depth, we've got THOUSANDS of people around with HUGE potential for large scale conflicts that actually affect the world we play in, why can't we seek out conflict in the open world more easily? It's a legitimate desire, at least equal to your desire to be able to shoot on demand, which they've provided for you. What we're asking for will not affect you really, you can be happy with your WZs. The rest of us are wondering what they're going to do to satisfy us. They've been making this game for years, there are not very promising signs of them leaning in a good direction for the rest of the people who are not satisfied with the way PvP is currently.

Once I'm DONE? I would like to PvP before I hit the end of the story. I like to mix it up, don't you?

Everyone promises, I am afraid...few deliver. Only time will tell...

Yea but they have a team already dedicated to doing this. So I think they actually will deliever since they have a team specifically for PVP. I think us pvprs will be pleased. I also think it is a good thing to have a team who just focuses on PVP. So many times in other games is this secondary so I am happy we have something on our side. Go Go hardcore PVP server down the line!

You can already see how PvP takes a back seat to devs in SWTOR. SEVERE guild imbalance and seeding of guilds. Bioware just slapped some stuff together and called it good.

Its more of a shame that "HARCOREZ EXTREMEZ" pvpers come to a pve centric game and then complain that its pve centric. I wonder...do you also show up to football games with a glove and bat and whine that no one is playing baseball?

I loved PVP the way it is. WoW PVP had issues. Not that is was bad. WoW PVP had some good stuff too. However as Blizzard has admitted to regretting their implementation. The current SWTOR model is working.

They don't want quick kills. They don't want the Gear to be to separate. They want the gear for PVP and PVE. After a dozen games of Hutball. It's bloody awesome.

PVP should take backseat.

You should really think about not posting in this forum anymore.

You can already see how PvP takes a back seat to devs in SWTOR. SEVERE guild imbalance and seeding of guilds. Bioware just slapped some stuff together and called it good.

Well, if you really hate queues I'd suggest rerolling Republic to be honest. Queue times are lovely on that side.

GUYS LETS COMPLAIN ABOUT PVP IMBALANCE WHEN THE HIGHEST LEVEL PLAYER ISNT EVEN 25 YET.

Oh ignorance is bliss.

Wait a few weeks for the 50s to roll in.

Thats when the game will be balanced because thats the level PvP will matter.

God knows why no company brings out a pvp game like Dark age of camelot ??

By far the best pvp mmorg ever made and still is!

Yes, because effective 1 shotting everyone as a warlock was so challenging...

Shadowbane has always had the best pvp. No one else has had 100vs100 battles that actually meant something. Losing the town you build from the ground up had real meaning and serious adrenalin rushes.

Yes, because God forbid someone has a differing opinion and prefers PvE over PvP.

read the section title numbnuts...

Plus i think Happy bear and the rest of the carebear crew are calling you to go have cupcakes with the hello kitty girls...

I'm sorry, on what evidence is there an imbalance? Please provide metrics of actual data and prove your point.

Secondly, what don't you like about the PvP?

read the section title numbnuts...

Plus i think Happy bear and the rest of the carebear crew are calling you to go have cupcakes with the hello kitty girls...

He has a point. This game was never marketed as such and to just now realize it doesn't focus on PvP is a little silly. I'm sure they will continue to add content, make changes, and fix stuff. No need to get your panties in a bind just yet.

Right let me get this straight the hardcore gladiators from WoW, want to ruin balance on this game just so they can grow their Epeen and Epic's stash?

Blizzard has stated that they wished they'd never done Arena as they ruin balance... Why ruin balance on this too if all you want to do is Arenas?

I personally love PvP but I don't want to unbalance the rest of the game for my benefit its called been a selfish T**t.

Edited by CptBrit

This is the PVP forums , if you like PVE then go promote your nonsense in another forum.

95% of any post, regardless of the sub-forum, is going to be nonsense. All these QQs about PVP imbalance are a perfectly good example of my point.

For starters, we're in the prelaunch period. Current server population is not indicative of what the game will actually have going by the preorder count, which is over a million for physical copies and who knows how much for origin preorders.

Right now, people are playing on what can only be called barren servers as they wait for the rest of the players to join in around the 20th. If individuals wanted to have the perfect open world pvp experience, with tons of people and epic battles in the earlier levels, then maybe they should have taken that into consideration before logging in for early access.

We've known for a month now that not everyone was going to get access at the same time, that it'd be a trickle with each day seeing more and more people. I can understand wanting to get a head start and being excited, I mean, I'm in early access as well...but you'd think if people took PVP as seriously as they like to claim, this issue would be something they'd come to realize on their own. Cause, you know, being serious and all.

And for people claiming that not much has changed since beta and it was terrible then so it'll be terrible now...Beta didn't have a million+ people logging on to play the game. The core mechanics are solid, as far as I can tell, most people are in agreement on that. So the only thing left for Bioware to do is open the gates and let people flood in and from there they can decide how to improve. Right now, the gates have not been opened all the way. They've been parted just a crack and a trickle of people are coming through.

The 20th of December, and from there, the first month of January, will be when you know for sure how open world PVP will be, as well as how much Bioware cares about PVP based on the responses they give the community to QQ posts like "Your PVP Sucks Bioware, Fix it plzthnxkbb"

TL;DR: Wait a month and then complain about the state of PVP. Currently, there is not enough data to support your claims in regards to it being a terrible experience, ruined by Bioware lack of care.

Super Secret P.S: This post can be considered nonsense too!