Official word on white crystal extinction in 1.2?

Frigidman

I keep seeing flying rumors by people who either know the correct answer (but never quote source) or just think they know the answer. However I've been unable to actually find any solid official response:

Are the white crystals going to be 'gone', as in no longer attainable, once 1.2 goes live?

IE: If you don't buy one now, you will never get one ever again?

Thanks for any REAL responses with quoted sources!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing flying rumors by people who either know the correct answer (but never quote source) or just think they know the answer. However I've been unable to actually find any solid official response:

Are the white crystals going to be 'gone', as in no longer attainable, once 1.2 goes live?

They said back when the patch came out, in the economy update thing...(I'm too lazy to drag it up >_>), the crystals will be limited supply then be unobtainable for "at least a number of months"

SO yeah, if you want to go look it up, that's where to find it.

Never is a very long time. Anywho, once 1.2 hits the white crystals will be gone. They may come back when future content is released, but nothing is certain.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3201564#edit3201564

Just curious. For people who bought the white crystal or thought about buyin it, was it cuz they liked how it looks or just to say know you own a limited item?

I wanted one but passed after seeing someone with it...the white seemed dull...didn't have that 'pop'. I know asthetics are personal to each person so just curious if many people really like the way it looks equipped.

Just curious. For people who bought the white crystal or thought about buyin it, was it cuz they liked how it looks or just to say know you own a limited item?

I wanted one but passed after seeing someone with it...the white seemed dull...didn't have that 'pop'. I know asthetics are personal to each person so just curious if many people really like the way it looks equipped.

I want only one, for a specific character I have, as "white" fits with the overall goal I have for the style and behavior of the character. I couldn't be arsed to buy more for any other character.

As it only took money to get it's not really that limited of an item but I bought it for the looks. I just like the contrast with my gear.

I got one for my Sorc because I thought it looked cool. The two I bought on my Mara were because it's limited.

I just bought one because I was hearing that it wouldn't be available after 1.2 came. So I figured I might as well spend the credits, since I can always make more credits but not a white crystal :D I did have some buyer's remorse when i used it in my saber. I have yet to see a double-bladed white saber around, that might be cooler. I actually prefer the magenta or purple saber now, they are the most colorful. Although it's been pointed out that the blue and purple sabers are more solid, and don't have as much "glow" as the other colors. Compare the cyan and purple and you'll notice a big difference.

Never is such a harsh word.

There will be no way to obtain white color crystals in Game Update 1.2 or any of the 1.2 series of patches. As for further into the future, it is fair to say that we have not yet made up our minds.

However, should a white color crystal be made available at a later time, you can be certain that the mode of acquiring it will be significantly more involved than going to a vendor. That's a one-time opportunity during patch 1.1.5 that will likely not return for a long, long time.

I bought one =( it won't disappear when 1.2 hits will it?

no no.

The vendor that sells it (along with the other rares) will go away. At which point there will not be any way to obtain more in game until some unknown future time where they add them back.

What would be very interesting to know is if the next tiers of raid gear will supercede the 2.5 million credit crystals in stats, if so then they are purely cosmetic options, and potentially not very good options if they're much worse than the next tier ones.

no no.

The vendor that sells it (along with the other rares) will go away. At which point there will not be any way to obtain more in game until some unknown future time where they add them back.

What would be very interesting to know is if the next tiers of raid gear will supercede the 2.5 million credit crystals in stats, if so then they are purely cosmetic options, and potentially not very good options if they're much worse than the next tier ones.

The stats are already lower than the t3 crystals.

Never is such a harsh word.

There will be no way to obtain white color crystals in Game Update 1.2 or any of the 1.2 series of patches. As for further into the future, it is fair to say that we have not yet made up our minds.

However, should a white color crystal be made available at a later time, you can be certain that the mode of acquiring it will be significantly more involved than going to a vendor. That's a one-time opportunity during patch 1.1.5 that will likely not return for a long, long time.

Annnd whats the rational behind this?

Just Because?

Not popular?

Creating a rare commodity to create exclusivity for players to feel extra special?

I've never understood dev decisions behind something that people like... add options, dont remove them. Just my 2 cents.

Annnd whats the rational behind this?

Just Because?

Not popular?

Creating a rare commodity to create exclusivity for players to feel extra special?

I've never understood dev decisions behind something that people like... add options, dont remove them. Just my 2 cents.

Its a money sink to help fix the economy

Also its so people can have a limited items, in RL nothing lasts forever so why would it in a game?

Eh I could argue that point but both points are of extremes... anyway, ETA on 1.2? Wondering if I can grind to 1 million credits this mext couple weekst :D