5 Hour Slicing Results

WakeZero

What i'm seeing here boils down to:

Oh noes, I only make 2k/hr by logging in a character every 30 minutes and pressing a handful of buttons, but even though slicing is a -gathering- skill I refuse to actually gather things on it as that would screw up my little world view that slicing is now utterly useless even though, with a little actual -gathering-, it is still one of the biggest money earners in regards to time/effort vs reward.

... and yes, i'm a 400 slicer and while i'm only making a little profit over time from missions I grab every slicing box I see in the world and i'm still making enough credits to keep it instead of getting my 'other' gathering skill for my craftomg profession.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slicing was way to OP and would have ruined the game, they nerfed it. What is wrongly handled about that?

I bet you guys are just pissed you can't exploit it anymore, spended all your overpowered credits before nerf hoping it would still be exploitable as it was.

They over nerfed it, and I don't think people should exploit so I'm not "pissed" about that.

While I lolwut at the OP for rage quitting over a single nerf, the respondents need to compare apples with apples.

Slicing is a gathering skill, to compare the leveling costs to a crafting skill such as biochem is just ignorant. A gathering skill is not supposed to accrue the leveling costs at the same rate a gathering skill should.

First off, I'm not rage quitting. I just don't feel the need to continue to pay to be nerfed. I have 22 days of game time left with my free month, and I plan to use it.

Second, I'm simply stating that slicing shouldn't be the only profession that requires to you actually gather in the world to make something. I leveled my Biochem soley from materials gained from Bioanalysis missions.

I am a fellow slicer, and I can certainly agree that slicing was too good in the first iteration. However, it has been nerfed so hard now that I rarely even break even, let alone make money from a profession that gives me nothing besides money. It *needs* to at least provide more than you put into it, otherwise it's just a waste of a profession slot. Have missions *always* provide slightly more than you put in (like 10%), and a chance to crit for a decent return. Blam, its viable, but not providing huge sums to people in a very small timeframe.

Edit: I've gone ahead and cancelled my subscription, stating my unhappiness with the slicing nerf. Companies only care about money, so they will only care if I stop giving it to them. You should do the same if you are unhappy with the nerf. If they want to keep touting their 1-2 million player base, they better start treating their players better before everyone's month of free game time is over.

I'm level 400 slicing, and I've been sending out 3 companions for the past 5 hours on slicing missions, hand selecting the best rate of return missions I've found for lockboxes.

I've made a total of 10,000 credits from the endeavor.

What's the point? I can turn in two quests for that kind of return, or grind mobs and sell 10 minutes worth of grey items to get the same amount. I'm not bashing here, just posting cold hard facts from personal work and experience.

My conclusion is that Slicing was nerfed too much, regardless of whether you think it should have been nerfed at all. Worst of all, I was told to choose slicing if I don't want to craft items. Guess I'm forced to craft now. I'll be switching to a new profession soon, because slicing isn't doing anything for me.

I'm about 260/400 in slicing and I have 2 companions. I can only dream of getting the kind of return your able to get. Slicing is crap. Worse yet, gear is still priced as if credits grew on trees.

I am a fellow slicer, and I can certainly agree that slicing was too good in the first iteration. However, it has been nerfed so hard now that I rarely even break even, let alone make money from a profession that gives me nothing besides money. It *needs* to at least provide more than you put into it, otherwise it's just a waste of a profession slot. Have missions *always* provide slightly more than you put in (like 10%), and a chance to crit for a decent return. Blam, its viable, but not providing huge sums to people in a very small timeframe.

Slicing provides missions for most gathering/mission skills, cybertech patterns, and augments from missions.

... seems like a decent list for a skill that provides nothing but credits, my Bioanlysis provides materials for Biochem... and thats it.

Two facts about slicing:

1. The way to make outstanding profit with it was NOT to send your companions on highest level missions. You should look for good guide, that states the most profitable mission range for slicing to make really good money. This is the reason slicing was tuned down, if you knew how to use it made too much profit.

2. Slicing provided some crafting recipes last time I saw it... Not that you can, like, sell some for few thousands each to other players.

EDIT:

Slicing provides missions for most gathering/mission skills, cybertech patterns, and augments from missions.

Looks like it provides even better stuff, missions are really expensive stuff last time I checked.

So, taking this into account, slicing was too strong, and provided too much cash on lower levels.

Edited by Darth_Avdima

You can't be serious. It's what, 2 buttons and your companions do the rest? Gimme a break, that's got to be the easiest way to make credits in-game.

It's going through the missions identifying the maybe profitable ones ... 50 times for 10k profit. It really is easier to do other stuff.

Two facts about slicing:

1. The way to make outstanding profit with it was NOT to send your companions on highest level missions. You should look for good guide, that states the most profitable mission range for slicing to make really good money. This is the reason slicing was tuned down, if you knew how to use it made too much profit.

2. Slicing provided some crafting recipes last time I saw it... Not that you can, like, sell some for few thousands each to other players.

So, taking this into account, slicing was too strong, and provided too much cash on lower levels.

Nobody questions that ... but going from OP to useless is a bit meh. And the recipes ... you can't sell them twice to one player ... single slicer will cover many cybertechs.

It's going through the missions identifying the maybe profitable ones ... 50 times for 10k profit. It really is easier to do other stuff.

Gathering missions like that are supposed to be supplemental to your gathering skill or something you can have your companions do while off-line. You're not supposed to sit there and get rich from sending your companions out on a few missions, you're actually supposed to harvest the slicing nodes out in the worlds.

You guys are doing it wrong and complaining it's broken.

Edited by MorgonKara

I took some notes while slicing today with my Lvl 19 BH. This was casual play and I sent out the Droid or Mako whenever I remembered and gathered lock boxes when I could. This is a limited subset, but it is enough to tell me that doing slicing missions is a losing proposition. I had a number of missions where I received less than the cost of the mission and when you factor in failures the result is worse. From slicing missions I spent $3115 and returned $3023. The only reason I made money was the lock boxes in the field.

I tried to put a table in here with no luck, hopefully the table is readable.

Crew Cost Return Comments

Mako $285.00 $329.00

Droid $535.00 $527.00

Mako $285.00 $247.00

Droid $220.00 $241.00

Mako $285.00 $418.00 Also received slicing mission

Droid $230.00 $253.00

BH $- $225.00

Droid $430.00 $311.00 Also received Surge Augment 9

BH $- $166.00

BH $- $233.00

BH $- $396.00

Droid $560.00 $409.00

Droid $285.00 $288.00

BH $- $264.00

Total $3,115.00 $4,307.00

Slicing is not guaranteed credits. There is a chance to fail. When all your companions come back empty handed, that just sucks. 30 min down the drain, plus the few thousand credits you spent on the mission. It's ironic that a crew skill designed to make you money has such a high chance to bankrupt you, lol.

Gathering missions like that are supposed to be supplemental to your gathering skill or something you can have your companions do while off-line. You're not supposed to sit there and get rich from sending your companions out on a few missions, you're actually supposed to harvest the slicing nodes out in the worlds.

I don't care what it is supposed to do ... you can still make 15k-20k an hour by just sitting on your ***. Just not with slicing anymore. The fun crew skill turned into something worth dropping by everyone. If that is what it was supposed to be like, so be it.

Edited by Repefe

You can't be serious. It's what, 2 buttons and your companions do the rest? Gimme a break, that's got to be the easiest way to make credits in-game.

I can make 10k in 15 minutes doing anything else. It's only "easy" if you don't take the time and loss of a companion into consideration.

I guess other gathering skills should only get 5 mats in 5 hours to make it more fair, since every mat is useful and 10k at level 400 is probably about 5 mats worth in any other gathering skill.

Every gathering skill can click buttons to get stuff for doing nothing. Only slicing is pretty much useless. I'm the one having trouble believing you are being serious. If you are, then you're ignoring the benefits other gathering skills have that out shine slicing even pre nerf.

The missions/schematics you get for other gathering/crafting professions are pretty good. My mate have his slicing maxed and I must have gotten 10 or so missions/schematics from him, they are awesome :D

I think it was too buffed up during release for the amount that you get from the boxes. For a gathering profession that just returns raw currency anyway... I think the amount right now is fine as slicing have other uses...

Wait, I don't understand. You made 10000 credits by doing nothing more then sending your companions on gathering missions and you are complaining about it? Sounds like easy credits to me.

I'm upset that compared to other professions, it's a waste of 5 hours of my companions time. I can easily make more sending my companions on Bioanalysis missions and selling the materials (let alone actually questing or selling grey items).

Slicing should continue to provide decent returns for companion missions for players who do not want to craft. If missions don't provide a good return, why even include them in the game?

Missions are a great idea, so I would rather see BW continue to make them worthwhile rather then abandon them as just a feautre on the back of the box that no one actually uses.

I'm upset that compared to other professions, it's a waste of 5 hours of my companions time. I can easily make more sending my companions on Bioanalysis missions and selling the materials (let alone actually questing or selling grey items).

No one is making you do it...

Slicing should continue to provide decent returns for companion missions for players who do not want to craft. If missions don't provide a good return, why even include them in the game?

Why should you get money if you are lazy :p

Yay one less whiner clogging up the game!!

Did you cancel life too because the economy is bad?

Go cry elsewhere and/or get a life and job!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wow you told him! That a girl! Sick burn. My IQ has been raised to maximum levels by the well thought out reply you made. GG

Thank the god particle for the ignore ability.

BW over reacted. The economy isnt stable because its a new game. If BW will do this drastic of a change this early imagine what will happen later on. I agree slicing needed a nerf (25-30%) but 50-70%? Thats way over board.

All its seems to take is a few whiners and BW will jump the gun and kill something. They could have gave the economy a little more time to work things out.No game starting off has a balanced system/economy. So many of you kids couldnt understand this, couldnt find a way to make your money, wanted instant riches from horrible crafted items, and loot items are better than what we can make. So the only logical solution was to nerf the hell out of something. Instead of actualy looking into the other issues with crafting and worthless items we make.

Dont want to play a game were the whiners always get what they want. This game will suck just like so many mmo's released to date. Its because the devs listen to idiots and little kids that for the most part have no idea about economy, supply and demand, and just to cool their jets and let it play out a little.

I agree with the nerf, not as damaging, i also agree with the slicing defenders, but i do not agree with BW. Ending a sub 20-30 days in after paying 50-80$ is to me a bad move, not allowing the game to develope before making such a harsh decission. But oh well.

Edited by Onomas