A question for you guys, about Han Solo.

Wolfninjajedi

I already seem to think that people are gonna think I am joking, but I am not. So I have thought about the famous smuggler turned rebellion hero and I pose a question for you forum posters. Do you guys think Han could take on a sith lord? I mean what Han has going for him, is luck, a quick draw, and the ability to think on his feet and fight dirty. He squared off against Vader on Bespin, getting off 4 shots before having his blaster taken away if he had been faster he would have smoked Vader.

Seeing as not only is his DL44 blaster modified, standard it can already punch through armor and his blasted off chunks of wall at docking bay 94. I know you guys must think this is a silly thread, but I wanna hear your guy's opinions on it.

I believe he's referring to the novels within the Star Wars universe...i.e canon.

I'm reaching way back into a book I read more then 10 yrs ago but I believe there was a set based on Han's early days and in one where he has a duel with some gunslinger it was noted that he wasn't the fastest, by any means, just that instead of just using his hand and arm etc. he used a whole body technique to draw his pistol.

I would say if he got the drop on one then maybe....seeing as how a trooper can take them down too...because unlike Vader's energy absorption talent another Lord may not be able to deflect/absorb the blaster bolts.

I believe he's referring to the novels within the Star Wars universe...i.e canon.

I'm reaching way back into a book I read more then 10 yrs ago but I believe there was a set based on Han's early days and in one where he has a duel with some gunslinger it was noted that he wasn't the fastest, by any means, just that instead of just using his hand and arm etc. he used a whole body technique to draw his pistol.

I would say if he got the drop on one then maybe....seeing as how a trooper can take them down too...because unlike Vader's energy absorption talent another Lord may not be able to deflect/absorb the blaster bolts.

No but unless they were really inexperienced they will foresee it happen in advance. I don't think Han can taking a Jedi/Sith with a blaster. Note, I stated with a blaster. There are other ways and Han is clever. Besides, he's most well known for his piloting and his knack of getting in and out of trouble rather than his combat abilities.

Edited by Rhyltran

No way. Sith lords are just too powerful. In a grp he would stand a chance for sure, especially if Luke or another Jedi was with him. But on his own he doesn't stand a chance. Although I wouldn't say that he wouldn't put up a fight, after all he is a ******. Edited by Ldogg

I already seem to think that people are gonna think I am joking, but I am not. So I have thought about the famous smuggler turned rebellion hero and I pose a question for you forum posters. Do you guys think Han could take on a sith lord? I mean what Han has going for him, is luck, a quick draw, and the ability to think on his feet and fight dirty. He squared off against Vader on Bespin, getting off 4 shots before having his blaster taken away if he had been faster he would have smoked Vader.

Seeing as not only is his DL44 blaster modified, standard it can already punch through armor and his blasted off chunks of wall at docking bay 94. I know you guys must think this is a silly thread, but I wanna hear your guy's opinions on it.

Happened on Bespin in Empire...He fired at Vader, who absorbed and deflected his shots, and then had his blaster removed from his hand. End of Fight. No, Han cannot.

Happened on Bespin in Empire...He fired at Vader, who absorbed and deflected his shots, and then had his blaster removed from his hand. End of Fight. No, Han cannot.

This 100%

As for the strength of Han's blaster though it varrys greatly throughout the movies. Like the OP said yes it blasts off chunks at the Mos Eisley then later it barely even scratches metal. We have seen it hit unarmored and armored people and it doesn't cause big explosions.

depends on the situation, a Darth and Sith greatest weakness is his greatest strength, his passion. Many Darths have been beaten by weaker beings because their unbridled passion has blinded his perception and narrowed his focus of the force, resulting in their inability to read the events around them or sense their own incoming death.

Darth Maul by all accounts should not have been able to lose to obi-wan but his rage and arrogance blinded him to the surprise attack of Obi-wan

Han could easily find himself in a very close and similar situation in that a Darth too overconfident and full of impatience may not for see something as simple as han shooting a gas pipe and goading the darth into using his lightning near said exposed pipe. BOOM the darth could die in said blast.

As always the situation and present moment are the most crucial in any fight, is the everything just going Han's way, was han lucky that the Darth in his demonstration of strength weakened the stucture so even a grenade could cause the entire building to fall and crush the darth to death, could han use the environment to his advantage such as a lightning storm and relying that a Sith's battle armor attract lightning.

Basically it's always possible for a darth to lose, historicallly they always do, and it's almost always due to the fact they don't foresee the events clearly due to their overconfidence.

No, not one on one; if there were 5 or 6 other Han Solos, then maybe they could just gun down a Sith, like the Clone Troopers gunned down the Jedi in Episode 3, but definitely not 1v1

As for Vader, and Han, he obviously posed no threat, and was only able to shoot Vader's Hand because they wanted to test the Carbonite on him. Vader could have killed him in a seperate room if he felt like it

No, not one on one; if there were 5 or 6 other Han Solos, then maybe they could just gun down a Sith, like the Clone Troopers gunned down the Jedi in Episode 3, but definitely not 1v1

As for Vader, and Han, he obviously posed no threat, and was only able to shoot Vader's Hand because they wanted to test the Carbonite on him. Vader could have killed him in a seperate room if he felt like it

If Han was no threat, then how come Vader had to block his shots? Of course he was a threat, if Han hit that life support panel on his chest he would have been killed.

Strangely enough you all picture the event where Han shoot at Vader, because that's how the scene was. I think it would be much more different if Han Solo had the first draw on Vader from an ambush. Good luck absorbing blaster shots with your back.

Strangely enough you all picture the event where Han shoot at Vader, because that's how the scene was. I think it would be much more different if Han Solo had the first draw on Vader from an ambush. Good luck absorbing blaster shots with your back.

You do know Force Users have a danger sense through the Force right? They can sense others and their intentions. So no, it would go pretty much the same way. The reason the Clones didn't trigger it on the purge is due to the fact that they held no anger or hostility..they just followed orders...there's no malice. Nothing to sense. It's fully explained in the Novelization of Revenge of the Sith how that worked. So no, Han would not get the drop on a Force User, let alone Vader, or anyone strong enough to be considered a Sith Lord or Jedi Knight.

Yep Han failed big time face to face on Bespin, but don't forget Han is the man who shot Vaders wingman in the Death Star trench and sent Vader spinning off. Vader didn't sense that, and it could well have been Vader himself next if he hadn't got knocked and spun off Lukes tail.

It all comes down to how you fight...

Yes Han did lose to Vader on Bespin, but keep in mind that Vader was supposed to be extremely powerful.

I know many people hate the prequels in all ways, but it does mention that Anakin was even stronger in the force than Yoda. It would take someone as powerful as Luke (once he's completed his training of course) to bring Vader down.

If put against a sith lord that wasn't as strong as Vader or Palpatine, he could possibly have a chance.

Edited by darthpersipholus

depends on the situation, a Darth and Sith greatest weakness is his greatest strength, his passion. Many Darths have been beaten by weaker beings because their unbridled passion has blinded his perception and narrowed his focus of the force, resulting in their inability to read the events around them or sense their own incoming death.

Darth Maul by all accounts should not have been able to lose to obi-wan but his rage and arrogance blinded him to the surprise attack of Obi-wan

Han could easily find himself in a very close and similar situation in that a Darth too overconfident and full of impatience may not for see something as simple as han shooting a gas pipe and goading the darth into using his lightning near said exposed pipe. BOOM the darth could die in said blast.

As always the situation and present moment are the most crucial in any fight, is the everything just going Han's way, was han lucky that the Darth in his demonstration of strength weakened the stucture so even a grenade could cause the entire building to fall and crush the darth to death, could han use the environment to his advantage such as a lightning storm and relying that a Sith's battle armor attract lightning.

Basically it's always possible for a darth to lose, historicallly they always do, and it's almost always due to the fact they don't foresee the events clearly due to their overconfidence.

I like this.

I think that question got answered in Empire Strikes Back.

Han got the first shots in on Vader on Cloud City. And what did Vader do? Just absorb the blasts into his hand.

And Vader is "weaker" because of his injuries.

So Han couldnt win against a Sith Lord 1v1. Maybe if Han was on the Falcon or setup an ambush where he would have a great advantage.

Han got the first shots in on Vader on Cloud City. And what did Vader do? Just absorb the blasts into his hand.

And Vader is "weaker" because of his injuries.

If I remember correctly, his gloves are of a certain material that blocks laser shots? :)

But if he could get Chewie to remove the arms... :D

And then I get Force Unleashed flashbacks of Vader choking/killing any wookie for fun and in FU2 DLC that Starkiller's clone killed Chewie and Han for fun. At least FU is cannon, FU2 DLC certainly not.

Edited by GhostRiderLSOV

that doesnt make sense one bit, where do you think the lore comes from?

cartoons comics books and films. but films also have to have sepcial rules , it might be ok to let han fight a sith and win in a film tho it would never happen in the "real" canon of lore.

like this game all troopers smugglers agents and bounty hunters are as powerful as jedi/sith which is complete and utter tosh lore wise but because in a game balance > lore thats the way it has to be

cartoons comics books and films. but films also have to have sepcial rules , it might be ok to let han fight a sith and win in a film tho it would never happen in the "real" canon of lore.

like this game all troopers smugglers agents and bounty hunters are as powerful as jedi/sith which is complete and utter tosh lore wise but because in a game balance > lore thats the way it has to be

If you remember, Jango Fett killed a Jedi and out matched Obi-wan (though Obi was trying to capture him, not kill him) Jango also would have at least survived Mace, if his jet pack was working.

Skill plus amazing gear makes someone hard to stop.

Do I think Han could take down a Sith, other then setting up a trap for the Sith, or using the environment, he could not do it.