Please add a Deserter debuff!

chriswier

I can understand the deserter debuff. But the enforcement of ignore working in PvP queues? What if people were to queue up, and then make premades? With a large enough ignore list, it would bring servers like JC to a screeching halt. No one would ever be able to queue because one of the people in the match had them on ignore. It would be abused. Maybe it wouldn't, but smaller servers would definitely feel the impact.

Plus people would ignore everyone who beats them :D

Before a deserter buff should be implemented ALL of these have to happen:

1.) Each character ability to choose which WZ types to queue for.

2.) Either fix faction imbalance between pub/imp OR make all warzones mixed faction

3.) Premades matched against premades of similar skill level (not as hard as you think).

Do those 3, and deserter flag should be ok.

Definitely no on #1. That is the illusion of choice, the reality is 1-2 maps will "win" and "everyone" will play those, if they are not your choice tough luck, your choice will NEVER POP AGAIN.

#2 will not be an issue if/when they come through with merge or xserver.

#3 can be solved if they do xserver because in that pattern you use per server queues and rotate picking from them. If any group trys to stack the queue they get mixed in with other servers. This pattern also encourages even populations by making large populations wait longer.

If they merge servers its Fked either way, where is that thread about other PvP games anyway?

Edited by Foambreaker

Definitely no on #1. That is the illusion of choice, the reality is 1-2 maps will "win" and "everyone" will play those, if they are not your choice tough luck, your choice will NEVER POP AGAIN.

#2 will not be an issue if/when they come through with merge or xserver.

#3 can be solved if they do xserver because in that pattern you use per server queues and rotate picking from them. If any group trys to stack the queue they get mixed in with other servers. This pattern also encourages even populations by making large populations wait longer.

If they merge servers its Fked either way, where is that thread about other PvP games anyway?

#1: you are wrong, if you read all the pvp thread discussions you'll find there is pleanty of people who love each wartype and hate another, no wartype will get left out of queue. And really, if people are just queueing, and then dropping if they get the wartype they do not want that actually creates a problem of shorting a team, this would remove that problem. Quite frankly there are a couple of wartypes people choose not to play. You cannot force them to, a deserter flag would not, instead you'd have people simply take the flag, and either sit out for 15 mins thus creating less PvP games or switch to an alt or stop queuing all together. Either way without #1 the deserter flag makes PvP queues slow down. If people do not mind waiting a couple mins they will choose to limit to the wartypes they want, if they would rather have faster queues they will NOT limit the wartypes, its their choice. But no matter what you do, you will not force them to play wartypes they do not want. This is a game, people will do what is fun to them.

#2-#3: the only way merges and xserver would fix is if everything merged happens to luckly produce a pool that exactly evens out the situation. This would be extremely unlikely. Harby is large and has an enormous imp imbalance. Cross faction would fix but only if premades were matched properly.

I agree to a point, but we should be able to opt out of arenas. It's a completely different format, and I don't want to play them. At all. Never asked for them, don't like them, should be able to avoid them by choice, instead of having to bail and re-queue every time one pops.

Your opinion.

I still vote no on #1.

Thats your choice, we can leave it as it is now and people will simply just keep leaving the warzones they do not want to play. No need for deserter flag. Nothing you do can force people to play the ones they do not want to. If they changed the game so that if you quit a warzone your account would be deleted, I'd still leave the first hutball I queued in, without a second thought.

B4 doing this we should be able to eliminate a wz from the que... if i hate hypergate and will leave cuz i just hate it... (which i dont) but why not let me eliminate that one map from the choices... like if u hate huttball deselect it from the possible wz... like in wow u ban / block up to 2 wz maps b4 u que

I'd be fine with this if Bioware's queue system wasn't an inept joke. Sorry mate when the other team is all mercs and sorc heals dotted with a few snipers I pretty much know it's a joke of a match so why on earth should i waste what little time i have playing and going through the motions. Bioware designed this game to have classes that have 3 lives which could be worked around if you didn't have every looser who can't play any other profession scrambling to play said class which leads to an influx of them in matches. I have like 20 screen shots of said matches 6 mercs, four merc's, 4 mercs and 2 power techs its a darn joke. So when bioware can balance professions or at least limit the insanity to prevent ridiculous queued matches maybe then i can support your idea, instead it punishes me when any one with a iota of common sense can see the match is a complete waste of what little time i have to play.

• 2 weeks later...

I would propose two things:

1. Deserter debuff - 15 minutes before you can requeue.

2. Valor debuff - 15 minutes of no valor from any source, and no credit for all PvP dailies.

I hope not. I'm low on RAM and often when I'm sent as a replacement, deserter detection time runs out while my PC is still in the loading screen. That would effectively render me unable to ever get any rewards and make wzs useless to me.

Edited by Johrun