So just how bad are my odds of finding a HM Black Talon group?

So I hit 55 recently, and rather than flinging myself right into the deep end with regards to HM FPs, I thought it'd be a good idea if I started from the ground up to get a feel for things and shore up my gear. It seems as though I'm encountering a problem I had even before 2.0, which is basically a complete lack of BT groups. Probably doesn't help that I'm DPS, but hey ho. Even asking in Fleet feels like I'm shouting into the void.

So yeah, do I leave myself at the mercy of the GF and just take whatever FP it throws me into, possibly sacrificing small animals to a number of gods to try and get myself into BT, or is there a way to get a good start into HM other than joining a guild?

Edited by Floodland

So I hit 55 recently, and rather than flinging myself right into the deep end with regards to HM FPs, I thought it'd be a good idea if I started from the ground up to get a feel for things and shore up my gear. It seems as though I'm encountering a problem I had even before 2.0, which is basically a complete lack of BT groups. Probably doesn't help that I'm DPS, but hey ho. Even asking in Fleet feels like I'm shouting into the void.

So yeah, do I leave myself at the mercy of the GF and just take whatever FP it throws me into, possibly sacrificing small animals to a number of gods to try and get myself into BT, or is there a way to get a good start into HM other than joining a guild?

You can limit the HMs that you queue for in the finder, you won't get the daily, but that doesn't sound like it is an issue for you. I would queue for HM BT and go do dailies or something while you wait for a pop.

I would just do the GF, it's not as bad as people on here say it is.

Fresh 55's can't just expect to faceroll them that's all.

Smart pulls, CC's are your friend.