Removing armorings from other sets an exploit?

wiredgutter

I've never posted on the forums before, but I need some clarification about removing the vindicator armorings and putting them in adaptive legacy armoring so I can share between my jugg and sentinel. Someone accused me of exploiting and I take cheating very seriously, so I wanted to check with the forums. Thanks in advance

Not an exploit.

Putting WH PVP-armourings in belt/bracers, maybe. (Not slot-bound as they should be, and smugglers/agents can't do the same)

But not taking "ordinary" set mods and changing looks, no.

I've thought of doing that but after adding up the stats I see very little point in it. What is the point of doing that? If you removed an armoring from a shield or generator and added a random mod, wouldn't the stat value be almost identical? The only difference would be the mod, but you can simply compensate for non-ideal mods in another armor piece. Makes no sense to me.

I've thought of doing that but after adding up the stats I see very little point in it. What is the point of doing that? If you removed an armoring from a shield or generator and added a random mod, wouldn't the stat value be almost identical? The only difference would be the mod, but you can simply compensate for non-ideal mods in another armor piece. Makes no sense to me.

The point would be someone already have a WH offhand, buying a second one (especially since there is no trade-in prereq. and only 2k cost) and putting that armoring (and possibly mod) which will easily outstat just the regular non moddable WH belt/bracer.

I need some clarification about removing the vindicator armorings and putting them in adaptive legacy armoring so I can share between my jugg and sentinel.

I think what he's referring to is that Vindicator chest piece armor rating is 897 while a weaponmaster chest piece armor rating is 673. If your character is required to wear medium or light armor, they wont be allowed to wear heavy armoring. I'm not sure if it is also applied to adaptive gear.

I think what he's referring to is that Vindicator chest piece armor rating is 897 while a weaponmaster chest piece armor rating is 673. If your character is required to wear medium or light armor, they wont be allowed to wear heavy armoring. I'm not sure if it is also applied to adaptive gear.

Is it possible to wear guardian armoring as a sentinel? If so, It could be considered an exploit due to the increased armor stats.

The point is getting Expertise to 1390, which is the max.

Think the point is it allows marauders to get

The set bonus of 10% damage boost like Juggs

Get.

You don't need adaptive armour to get the base class set bonuses from another set. This is hardly an exploit.

Eg Dps operative pick up the "sniper" 2set for an extra tick of orbital strike

Other fun pieces of misinformation in this thread. Wearing the armouring from a heavy armour piece does not give you heavy armour. The armour of a piece of gear is a function of the rating on the armouring and the type of armour the shell represents.

Adaptive armour is medium on a marauder and heavy on a jug. You cannot get heavy armour values as a marauder.

Edited by CaptainApop

Your fine. The offhand armor mods are not slot specific, except for the elite wh offhand, but that can be put in another offhand. As for the rest of the wh armorings, they are slot specific, and can only be used in that slot, but good to carry over a stat bonus that comes with a set of gear.

So, yeah, feel free to make a legacy stalker set, or whatever.

Not an exploit.

Putting WH PVP-armourings in belt/bracers, maybe. (Not slot-bound as they should be, and smugglers/agents can't do the same)

But not taking "ordinary" set mods and changing looks, no.

Not an exploit just because one class doesn't have access to it.

And 1.6 all classes will have access to it.

what? are not ALL pvp armorings slot bound, so it would be impossible to put them in wrists/waists?

also, isn't the point of using moddable wrists/waists so that you can put pve armors in them to up your main stat because you're approaching the supposed DR curve on exp?

Edited by foxmob

what? are not ALL pvp armorings slot bound, so it would be impossible to put them in wrists/waists?

Nope. Due to an oversight WH off-hand armourings aren't slot-bond. It was fixed on the PTS but still made onto the live servers.

Not an exploit just because one class doesn't have access to it..

Fallacy. By that reasoning the speed jump over bridge in olden VS was not an exploit. Nor is the current consular/inq jump on to the middle barrier in first room of VS.