Where to purchase grade 7 ship upgrades that were at the daily comm vendor pre-2.0

Pre-2.0 some of the grade 7 ship upgrades could be bought from the daily comm vendors (I think it was the missile launcher, shields and the warfare capsule - not sure how this one is called exactly).

With 2.0 the daily comm vendors were removed and I cannot find these items any longer (except on the GTN, but the supply there won't last forever). I didn't find any hint for this in the patch notes either.

While the missle launcher and shields schematics can still be bought at the space mission comm vendor, I don't know how I can get the warfare capsule for my newer characters.

Anybody knows where to buy those items in 2.0?

TLDR: Where can you buy the grade 7 ship upgrades that could be bought at the daily comm vendor pre-2.0 now?

• 1 month later...
Sorry to necro this thread, but I would like to know this as well. I am finally getting around to getting the grade 7 parts, but I don't know where to find those parts or schematics now that 2.0 has landed. In particular, the Improved EMP, the Deflection Amplifier, and the schematic for the Improved Electronic Warfare Pod.

I wish that were the case. Unfortunately, with the highest quality pieces, the Grade 7 pieces, not all of them are at the starship vendor on fleet. Some of them are, but 3 pieces- the Improved EMP, the Deflection Amplifier, and the schematic for the Improved Electronic Warfare Pod- were available at the Daily vendors on Ilum, at the Black Hole, etc., but now they are not there anymore. I was hoping someone knew where they were now.

Those 3 upgrades were never on vendors in any other form than schematic. Aside from GTN, only way to get them is to buy schematic and craft one yourself.

And all 3 schematics are on vendor on fleet, so there is no fear of supply ever running dry, even if for some reason all existing crafters disappeared.

I wish that were the case. Unfortunately, with the highest quality pieces, the Grade 7 pieces, not all of them are at the starship vendor on fleet. Some of them are, but 3 pieces- the Improved EMP, the Deflection Amplifier, and the schematic for the Improved Electronic Warfare Pod- were available at the Daily vendors on Ilum, at the Black Hole, etc., but now they are not there anymore. I was hoping someone knew where they were now.

Ok, my reply was moslty aimed at OP because he listed all 3 pieces that are crafted.

Schematic for EWP is at vendor and I'm 100% sure of that because I checked before previous post.

But just for peace of mind I went here again, this time on Imp. And yes, Schematic: Improved Electronic Warfare Pod is at same vendor as other 2 schematics, for 350 fleet comms. So are both Deflection Amplifer and Improved Electromagnetic Pulse.

So yes, they are all most certainly on vendor on fleet.

• 5 months later...
you're not understanding at all. the daily coms vendor used to sell those 3 pieces, not the schems, for daily coms. sadly, they were removed from the game when daily coms were, and the only way to get those pieces now is to have them crafted, craft them yourself, or use cc's. Hope this clears things up.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know of two things that are coming on Tuesday that could affect you.

First: On Tuesday we are going to Embargo all Grade 7 Ship Components from the Cartel Market. As with any Embargo they are always subject to return but beyond Tuesday, you will no longer be able to purchase Grade 7 Ship Components from the Cartel Market.

[...]

-eric

And the CC option will go away as well...

• 2 weeks later...
Where can I get them now without fleet comms?

You need a crafter to build them for you or buy them on the GTN. Last time I checked, it was as acerx said: Only the schematics can be purchased (for fleet comms at the Spaceship vendor on the fleet) and some of the required materials are hard to get (Enriched Durasteel is the tricky part). The recent change will probably increase the prices on the GTN, since crafters are now the only source for grade 7 missile launcher, shields and warfare capsule (at least the only source I'm aware of).

@Alrik: By now there are only two heroic missions left where I need the grade 7 equipment. The others can be completed with grade 6 equipment (which can be crafted or bought of the GTN) once you have figured out what to do. With either equipment you have to try very hard. Grade 7 equipment will shorten the process, until the missions are working, but it is doable with grade 6 stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
I hope so, since Level 7 Upgraded are seemingly needed for the Reputation Missions ...

They are not, if you are a good enough pilot. Especially not the crafted ones. Thanium Disruption / Cha Raaba Assault is the only one I couldn't complete with a full grade 6 setup. IIRC the minimal required grade 7 parts were EMP and shield regenerator.

• 1 month later...