Next Double Event?

Foambreaker

At this point when people are working on their 5th, 10th, 20th alt maybe just turn it on and leave it on?

Also pls pls up the CXP for the chapters, it is hard enough to force alts though it, at least make it pay. If an alt does all the chapters they should be near 300. Especially if you add on lokath and the traitor series.

Yeah....no....

by the end of the 2 expansions you have enough for a full tier 1 set. No, you shouldnt get 300 for doing those stories. I swear, people are never satisfied. They made it so you can get the same gear progression as raiders, and you want more?

I’m guessing you don’t have many Alts to lvl up.

I have 44 toons right now, and I do not think they should raise the CXP value of chapters. if you want more CXP, do it on the day when chapters give you bonus CXP, and when your alignment is winning. done and done. they have increased CXP where they need to, and listen to feed back. but at a certain point, it does become too much. they might as well give us full set of 248s, with how much we ask.

....... they might as well give us full set of 248s, with how much we ask.

Well if you look at it another way, giving everyone the same gear would have freed up most of 2017's dev time to produce content that people could get their teeth into instead of endlessly tinkering with a system that wasn't fit for purpose in the first place.

Okay so you kill the incentive to grind out the top level equipment, but if there was challenging stuff to do every few weeks, this wouldn't be such an issue....

It's taken a year to get my 3 most important characters to best-in-slot. After a certain number the legacy CXP gain should go up significantly. It's a long slog to 300 - especially a year ago before boosts and legacy perks and such.... It'd be nice to see that work rewarded with an easier ride or something to do once we're all kitted out, rather than endlessly PvPing for some variety.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

As I have said before, IMO they should do one of two things...

Either

1) Add a 100 percent XP boost consumable to the Cartel Market

Or

2) Implement a XP boost system through legacy, similar to the current CXP boost system in place. I think the current XP boosts are just too meager to be useful.

Currently the boosts for getting a mirrorclass to 300 is 25% for all other characters, for a total of 100%. Maybe once you have all 4 mirrorclasses, the boost should triple to 300%. There would be an incentive to getting all classes to 300. Right now I have 4 characters at 300, and I think it's a pretty big grind, although an understandable one. But why, once you've put in the time to get a bunch of characters to 300, should the grind of even more alts be just as bad? It might put people off from trying out other classes and making more characters.

Yeah....no....

by the end of the 2 expansions you have enough for a full tier 1 set. No, you shouldnt get 300 for doing those stories. I swear, people are never satisfied. They made it so you can get the same gear progression as raiders, and you want more?

Yeah because solo players and fp players need BiS min/max gear.

Give us no raids and take away the rewards for doing the old raids. Gg bioware. Gg.

Maybe put the crack pipe down before the next expansion

As I have said before, IMO they should do one of two things...

Either

1) Add a 100 percent XP boost consumable to the Cartel Market

Or

2) Implement a XP boost system through legacy, similar to the current CXP boost system in place. I think the current XP boosts are just too meager to be useful.

Artemis they already have 2. It is in your legacy, you can get bonus exp for all of it, FPs, OPs, Story, PVP etc. Not to mention all the experience and cxp boosts you get while doing the story.

I think having ONE of each of the eight different classes should provide another 100% BOOST to CXP.

We got 100% after we had four different classes. (BTW - Still pretty shady how that was communicated)

So we should get another 100% after you have all EIGHT of the different classes with 300 on each one.

So you would get 200% boost for having all eight instead of just the 100% for the four.

Yeah because solo players and fp players need BiS min/max gear.

Give us no raids and take away the rewards for doing the old raids. Gg bioware. Gg.

Maybe put the crack pipe down before the next expansion

Point to where they took away something of yours.

Maybe you should put down the pipe...

because if you're smart, its not hard to gear your toons. see I actually play the game, and get my toons geared instead of wasting time complaining how "hard" it is to level toons.

Q: What are you going to do with that gear? A: The same stuff you've already been doing to get the gear. There in lies one of the major flaws of GC. It's just a ruse to keep you going. There's no next step of things to do now that you finally have the precious.

because if you're smart, its not hard to gear your toons. see I actually play the game, and get my toons geared instead of wasting time complaining how "hard" it is to level toons.

So you are telling me you have all 248 when you make 300?

Your credibility is now shot, the only way you could think this is if you NEVER made 300 on any toon.

Unlike past versions and other games, BiS is now required for PvP.

Right. But my point was more to the fact there's nothing new to do now that you've got BiS gear. You can do what you've already been doing more efficiently I guess, but I want new things to do with my BiS self. Carrot on a stick. Got the carrot, now what?

Carrot on a stick. Got the carrot, now what?

Enjoy it?

I don't personally expect BiS. Tier 1 set bonus (now that I've experienced set boni) is good enough for me. And on the characters that I do have that, I just sit back and play flashpoints, run dailies, play with friends- and completely ignore the meaningless number that occasionally pop up. Basically just have a good time. Not much to ask for in a game, is it?

Sure new stuff would always be welcome if you're getting tired of the old stuff. But that's a separate issue I think.

Enjoy it?

I don't personally expect BiS. Tier 1 set bonus (now that I've experienced set boni) is good enough for me. And on the characters that I do have that, I just sit back and play flashpoints, run dailies, play with friends- and completely ignore the meaningless number that occasionally pop up. Basically just have a good time. Not much to ask for in a game, is it?

Sure new stuff would always be welcome if you're getting tired of the old stuff. But that's a separate issue I think.

You're on the same wavelength as me. I'm fine with that too and in no hurry. Why is that you ask? The constant complaint on here about GC (one of mine even) is the need to get to 300 so you can then get BiS gear. How are you getting to GC 300? Running flashpoints, ops and warzones. What will you do once you have full tier 4 BiS gear? Run the same flashpoints, ops and warzones. I just don't see the point. Not unless there was new stuff. Until we get new content and regular updates of new content it's all much ado about nothing.

Edited by kodrac

The speed at which players level, which is to say go from 1st level to 70th level doesn't need to be boosted. Anyone who's leveled a character recently knows this. No one is complaining about how fast you can do this... people have complained about the leveling experience being TOO FAST... especially lately. But, leveling XP and Command XP are two different issues.

Now... in terms of command XP. uhm... I think my big concern is disparity between different activities. I don't do PvP, but I do fly GSF... and my characters who fly get CXP a lot faster than my other characters. A whole lot faster. Seems to me last time I noticed how much CXP I got, it was 8900. I'm sure this was with an Command Boost active, but after the Double Event. I may have also been getting a 25% boost from a single 300 legacy.

...actually, I should go back into game and run a GSF just to see what the base XP is.

Regardless. If I queue for about 10-15 minutes and fly for maybe 15-20 minutes, I'm scoring 15,000+ CXP per hour. If I were to say, go and do Makeb on a level 70 who hadn't been before... am I going to see 15K CXP in an hour of questing? I am certain that I am not.

My choice to go and quest for an hour, should be as rewarding in terms of CXP, more or less, as someone else's choice to fly GSF, queue PvP or run a Flashpoint... and I just don't think it is.

Pretty sure people talk about command experience points which has nothing to do with leveling. They should separate both from each other when they have "events" and such.

Pretty sure this is not the definition of an MMORPG. You present a unique point of view there.

I find it odd that you are commenting on a system you have apparently not even experienced yet at all. I dare you to level your first char up to command level 300 WITHOUT any boost. And when you're done, go do it 3 more times with other chars. Then we can talk again.

Ontopic: The CXP rate has to double like during the event all the time. It's the only way to make this system feel slightly rewarding. I'm completely discouraged to do any kind of content rather than crafting and levelling lowbies because of the - still - outrageously low CXP. Yes, it's much better than one year before, but it still is not even remotely fun to play the command system.

Yeah nice try, I have 3 running through now. One almost to 300. I havent been on more then a week since I came back. MMOs are about progression, not just handing **** to you on a silver platter. Hell, I dont even like this cxp crap, but I have to deal with it because a bunch of entitled casuals had to cry and whine about how they cant get BiS gear like raiders, when they didnt even need it. So we have to deal with this ****. But at least I am not here whining about wanting max cxp for doing 2 short storylines.

MMOs are about progression, not just handing **** to you on a silver platter. Hell, I dont even like this cxp crap, but I have to deal with it because a bunch of entitled casuals had to cry and whine about how they cant get BiS gear like raiders, when they didnt even need it. So we have to deal with this ****. But at least I am not here whining about wanting max cxp for doing 2 short storylines.

Sadly, it's the entitled casuals that have the loudest voices that the game feels they need to cater to.