The more games you win, the worst your teams get?

Totemdancer

How is matchmaking fair when you get lumped with 7 really bad players because you win a bunch.

How is one person supposed to carry 7 noobs when the other team is full of average players and not noobs.

1 player’s skill rating can’t be higher than a whole team of average players added up. I certainly know mines not as good as a whole team of terrible players.

Why am I now stuck with constant pops of all bad players against premades and teams that know more than the basics. My guys are luck if they can use a mouse or keyboard.

What do you have to do? Lose 20 in a row till your hidden ELO drops enough to put you with people who have half a brain. Nobody wants to play pvp if it’s like that. How is that fun?

No wonder pvp is dying in this game. I took a break for a bit and came back and it’s even worse than before Christmas.

5.10.1 better address something or I will be taking a much longer break with the view of making it permanent.

Edit: this might be why I keep seeing a few people leave matches right at the end when you are winning. Just like people use to do so they could stay in Mids.

working as intended. ™

a piece of advice from a player who poured years into this game, literaly 16 hour days. stop. stop taking it al seriously. play the game if you enjoy it, have fun with it, and treat the stupidity of the devs with the mindset "its just a game". it will do wonders for how much fun you have

Edited by Seterade

working as intended. ™

a piece of advice from a player who poured years into this game, literaly 16 hour days. stop. stop taking it al seriously. play the game if you enjoy it, have fun with it, and treat the stupidity of the devs with the mindset "its just a game". it will do wonders for how much fun you have

QFT. ^

And if you still find it frustrating take a break from playing. That always helped me anyway.

I have it exactly other way around: I suck at PVP so does my team almost every game. Seriously, I see that even if I could pose some danger as Sorcerer it still wouldn't do jack **** to the match and its results per se, because one man can't win against eight. I swear EVERY game ends with ALL of my teammates at the bottom of the score table no matter what are we talking about: kills, damage, objectives. And anyone in enemy team is an unstoppable bad*ss.

The matchmaking is glorious - I guess the core idea of it is that if you are bad then you will be the fodder to already dominating players forever. That sounds a bit like conspiracy, but that's a real experience. The experience of being a part of ecosystem which should be maintained by any means necessary - right, devs?

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

When regs were not like this?

Is it that hard to make some friends and group up for pvp?

I don’t like other people, lol... joking

Hard to make friends from my time zone because they’ve all left it. The 3 people I actual know have pretty much stopped playing or it’s really intermittent when they do.

I don’t like other people, lol... joking

Hard to make friends from my time zone because they’ve all left it. The 3 people I actual know have pretty much stopped playing or it’s really intermittent when they do.

I know what you saying dude. All my friends stoped playing after 5.0 ****fest.

But even before matchmaking, queing solo for regs was cancer.

I took a break too. And I probably going to take a longer one after my sub expire.

This Ossus **** is awful, along with all the **** they already ****ed up.

I know what you saying dude. All my friends stoped playing after 5.0 ****fest.

But even before matchmaking, queing solo for regs was cancer.

I took a break too. And I probably going to take a longer one after my sub expire.

This Ossus **** is awful, along with all the **** they already ****ed up.

All my friends have also stopped. I assumed it was me. "Banderal... killing off SWTOR one /friend at a time!" :p

I agree about the break thing. Also, add in... go play a different MMO for a while, and realize that none of the complaints on these forums are even remotely unique to SWTOR. Made me realize that forum posters just love to complain. I mean, I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with this game, but I think people overstate things a bit sometime. (Except not the gear grind thing... that is just ridiculous :p )

when I took a break from swtor and went back to BDO I told the dev there that I wanted to start over, he just straight gave me a legacy name change. try to get EAware to give you a free legacy name change for coming back to their game as a rando

when I took a break from swtor and went back to BDO I told the dev there that I wanted to start over, he just straight gave me a legacy name change. try to get EAware to give you a free legacy name change for coming back to their game as a rando

Nah man, SWTOR is too big a game for individualized/personalized treatment. That's why SWTOR has such large encompassing expansions and so much more content too, though. Wait...

How is matchmaking fair when you get lumped with 7 really bad players because you win a bunch.

How is one person supposed to carry 7 noobs when the other team is full of average players and not noobs.

1 player’s skill rating can’t be higher than a whole team of average players added up. I certainly know mines not as good as a whole team of terrible players.

Why am I now stuck with constant pops of all bad players against premades and teams that know more than the basics. My guys are luck if they can use a mouse or keyboard.

What do you have to do? Lose 20 in a row till your hidden ELO drops enough to put you with people who have half a brain. Nobody wants to play pvp if it’s like that. How is that fun?

No wonder pvp is dying in this game. I took a break for a bit and came back and it’s even worse than before Christmas.

5.10.1 better address something or I will be taking a much longer break with the view of making it permanent.

Edit: this might be why I keep seeing a few people leave matches right at the end when you are winning. Just like people use to do so they could stay in Mids.

If you feel inclined you may manipulate their "matchmaking" system by creating a 65 character that is the same as one you already have. Transfer old pvp gear set (208s) over in legacy shells. PVP from 65 to 70 with experience boost activated. Then once you hit 70 you can use your 70 gear from your alts on your new character. You keep all your knowledge and most of your gear. The benefit is now you will no longer put with people who are "useless." If I understand the matchmaking system correctly, it will not be able to tell that you are experienced and geared. It will just see your lack of wins/valor/mvps or whatever is uses to gauge your "hidden rating" for regs. You can then temporarily enjoy relatively easy wins until you reach the threshold again.

It's an expensive fix but it did work previously.

All my friends have also stopped. I assumed it was me. "Banderal... killing off SWTOR one /friend at a time!" :p

I agree about the break thing. Also, add in... go play a different MMO for a while, and realize that none of the complaints on these forums are even remotely unique to SWTOR. Made me realize that forum posters just love to complain. I mean, I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with this game, but I think people overstate things a bit sometime. (Except not the gear grind thing... that is just ridiculous :p )

I’ve been playing some Gw2. 80% of it is better than swtor. Sadly it’s not starwars or I’d never be back here.

If you feel inclined you may manipulate their "matchmaking" system by creating a 65 character that is the same as one you already have. Transfer old pvp gear set (208s) over in legacy shells. PVP from 65 to 70 with experience boost activated. Then once you hit 70 you can use your 70 gear from your alts on your new character. You keep all your knowledge and most of your gear. The benefit is now you will no longer put with people who are "useless." If I understand the matchmaking system correctly, it will not be able to tell that you are experienced and geared. It will just see your lack of wins/valor/mvps or whatever is uses to gauge your "hidden rating" for regs. You can then temporarily enjoy relatively easy wins until you reach the threshold again.

It's an expensive fix but it did work previously.

I already tested something like this when I leveled up 4 new Alts doing bug hunt with double XP. I don’t think the ELO is based per toon. I think there must be a legacy ELO that probably has something to do with your legacy pvp achievements.

The only way to be 100% sure would be to start a whole new account. Run around and get all the datacrons. Power story 4 classes. Get enough Comms to get 230 gear. You’d need to do all of this before you ever did any pvp.

Then time how long it takes with wins and losses till it starts to give you trash teams to carry. All the while:you keep track of your legacy achievements too.

I’ve been playing some Gw2. 80% of it is better than swtor. Sadly it’s not starwars or I’d never be back here.

OMG, I *loved* the mechanics of GW2 PvP. No gear grind. Player selected maps.

I even liked the PvE mechanic there, where the players sort of auto-joined together into a group just by being near each other and working on the same thing. How everyone involved got credit for completion, etc. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy "pve PUGs" formed just spontaneously. Sadly, for me, the actual game just feels kinda meh. The questing had the most boring and repetitive tasks I've ever done in an MMO.

I'm thinking of giving ESO another try. The premise of their PvP (taking and defending fortresses against siege engines) just seems like it should be fun. Early on in that game I had a really good/fun experience with that where our side was defending several keeps against a two pronged attack from both the other sides, at different locations on the map... we had people teleporting around giving reports. At one point I was on an otherwise empty keep's walls and was watching/reporting the enemy siege engines going up... they sprang up like a dozen of them all at once and I'm thinking "oh, so this is how the rich people conduct war". :D We were the poor faction. At the end of that particular series of events, we'd been driven back into our corner. But it was fun while it lasted. :D Unfortunately, ESO is a HUGE download - and I got pissed off at them when the game stopped running for some unknown reason and when I tried to run a "repair" I learned that it was just going to do another full download. Ugh.

Anyway, yeah... it's been mentioned before by me and others that the GW2 style of map selection really *should* be able to work here in SWTOR, and without really slowing down the almighty-god-of-quick-pops at all.

OMG, I *loved* the mechanics of GW2 PvP. No gear grind. Player selected maps.

I even liked the PvE mechanic there, where the players sort of auto-joined together into a group just by being near each other and working on the same thing. How everyone involved got credit for completion, etc. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy "pve PUGs" formed just spontaneously. Sadly, for me, the actual game just feels kinda meh. The questing had the most boring and repetitive tasks I've ever done in an MMO.

I'm thinking of giving ESO another try. The premise of their PvP (taking and defending fortresses against siege engines) just seems like it should be fun. Early on in that game I had a really good/fun experience with that where our side was defending several keeps against a two pronged attack from both the other sides, at different locations on the map... we had people teleporting around giving reports. At one point I was on an otherwise empty keep's walls and was watching/reporting the enemy siege engines going up... they sprang up like a dozen of them all at once and I'm thinking "oh, so this is how the rich people conduct war". :D We were the poor faction. At the end of that particular series of events, we'd been driven back into our corner. But it was fun while it lasted. :D Unfortunately, ESO is a HUGE download - and I got pissed off at them when the game stopped running for some unknown reason and when I tried to run a "repair" I learned that it was just going to do another full download. Ugh.

Anyway, yeah... it's been mentioned before by me and others that the GW2 style of map selection really *should* be able to work here in SWTOR, and without really slowing down the almighty-god-of-quick-pops at all.

Gw2 does most things better than swtor and wow. If BioWare decide to copy more ideas for swtor, they should look at Gw2 and not wow.