Ashara Zavros gifts?

ChazDoit

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She like Weapons.

She love Military Gear, Artifacts, Republic Memorabilia

I just gave her a Rank 5 Republic Memorabilia and the ungrateful bratt only said "that's quite nice" +60 affection

While I can get +90 affection with a Cultiral Artifact Rank 1 with Khem Val

You can raise her affection, I'm also playing full dark (8k atm) and she's slowly increasing.

The thing to remember is she isn't simply Light-sided. Sure you may gain some extra points there but she is rational not Light. I've gained affection choosing certain darkside actions, because they were rational - if you think about the choices in a rational sense not good/bad then you'll see lots of +40 coming up.

If any chat lines involve killing jedi pop up though, avoid :p

She is horrible about gifts. All the stuff she "loves", like republic stuff and weapons, gives a pitiful raise given that she is a relatively late-game companion and should have double the gains of, say, khem. I also can't find a difference between stuff she "loves" and stuff she doesn't hate. Given gifts of equal level, I either get 0 affection or like 26. There is no differentiation between the gifts that actually give any rating increase.

I have a hunch that her paltry affection gain from gifts is a bug. I'll probably open a case about it tonight.

Yeah, after experimenting a bit at the gift vendor last night and being frustrated I hope it is a bug. It doesn't make sense that she'd be the only companion to have such general gift apathy.

I just gave her a Rank 5 Republic Memorabilia and the ungrateful bratt only said "that's quite nice" +60 affection

While I can get +90 affection with a Cultiral Artifact Rank 1 with Khem Val

My understanding was that you have to build in stages. starting at grade 1 and working high. otherwise you get less... atleast that was my understanding, once their loyalty goes over 2000, you move up, then 4000 same again.

My understanding was that you have to build in stages. starting at grade 1 and working high. otherwise you get less... atleast that was my understanding, once their loyalty goes over 2000, you move up, then 4000 same again.

What is this based off of?

I gave her Courting just now and she liked it

Where do you stand in the Light/Dark side meter, and what was her affection rating when you gave her one she accepted?

Thanks for reading.

For the first 2000 affection, she has severely reduced increases. After that 2000 she becomes somewhat normal and will accept republic memorabilia at high gain as well as courtship if you are flirting with her.

Edit: If you can stomach going lightside for awhile, getting that first 2k via quest gains is far less frustrating than gifting on cooldown for 40 minutes (stupid pointless timesinks).

Edited by Tumedus

For the first 2000 affection, she has severely reduced increases. After that 2000 she becomes somewhat normal and will accept republic memorabilia at high gain as well as courtship if you are flirting with her..

That doesn't seem right... or maybe it was intended... sneaky designers!

Where do you stand in the Light/Dark side meter, and what was her affection rating when you gave her one she accepted?

Thanks for reading.

It should be noted that in general courting items get a boost in affection gain once you get to a point where you are in a relationship with one of your companions, or to the point where it is soon. If you don't go that route, they generally give little to nothing.

I maxed out affection with Ashara pretty quickly once I got past the initial phase. Remember, you're trying to convert a light side Jedi into following the path of the dark side Sith so she's going to be hesitant at first. As mentioned earlier, at first she'll only give +24, +36, etc affection. However, once you progress her storyline and make the right dialog decisions she'll start accepting your luxuries and courting gifts which will net +190 affection gain for a blue gift. Affection has levels like any other xp/rep in the game. Every 2000 affection = 1 rank. You receive 50% of the affection if the gift is a level below your companions current affection level and gifts over their current rank don't really provide any increased gain. Bottom line, give her time, make the right dialog choices, and soon you'll be able to power level her affection through blue weapon and courting gifts that match her current affection rank.

For the first 2000 affection, she has severely reduced increases. After that 2000 she becomes somewhat normal and will accept republic memorabilia at high gain as well as courtship if you are flirting with her.

Edit: If you can stomach going lightside for awhile, getting that first 2k via quest gains is far less frustrating than gifting on cooldown for 40 minutes (stupid pointless timesinks).

No need to go lightside. Just base your conversations around her likes, and dismiss her when a darkside decision needs to be made.

Here is a rundown on all the different types of gifts and Ashara's reaction to them. You will see that they are colour coded according to the quality of the gift you give.

Weapon: like, favorite

Military Gear: like, favorite

Courting: indifferent, love

Luxury: indifferent, like

Technology: indifferent, like

Republic Memorabilia: like, love

Imperial Memorabilia: indifferent, like

Cultural Artifact: like, favorite

Trophy: indifferent

Underworld Good: indifferent

Hope this helps.

Source

Edited by British_Wookiee

That is slightly incorrect.

The values on the left are how she feels about gifts if you are a female char (ie. unable to bed her) and the values on the right are how she feels about them from male chars who have chosen to engage in a relationship with her.

It's slightly more than BS that as a female character I can barely get her affection up at all. I'm giving her rank 5 gifts at about 4,3k affection. At lvl 50 it's kind of hard to get her affection up by any other means but thankfully I still have some bonus series left.

This really needs to be fixed. Stupid that female characters have such a handicap.

That list is correct.

You need to get her to about 1,5k and then flirt with her.

Then you can give her courting gifts and that will give 96 affection until you reach 2k.

Then it will go down to 54

I myself got her yesterday and i already have her up on 4,5 k. :p

Remember: She was a jedi padawan. She still holds bonds to their code and therefore she is harder to get over.

Even now when i have her at 4k + she is light/indifferent and wants nothing more than changing the empire way of doing things

- ceo

Edited by ChristerO