Guide: Newcomers

Goshee

Excellent guide. I was a beta tester and early access and I still wrote down some notes on stuff I didn't know. Thank-you.

I have a question that you may know the answer to. When you have your inventory open and are comparing items to the ones worn all you have to do is hover and it will give you the comparison. Is there a way to do this when you have your companion window open? I know you can just go back and forth from inventory window to companion window but having the 2 item windows side by side and also giving the green or red stats makes it a lot easier.

Great question as I've been wondering the same thing :)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent guide. I was a beta tester and early access and I still wrote down some notes on stuff I didn't know. Thank-you.

I have a question that you may know the answer to. When you have your inventory open and are comparing items to the ones worn all you have to do is hover and it will give you the comparison. Is there a way to do this when you have your companion window open? I know you can just go back and forth from inventory window to companion window but having the 2 item windows side by side and also giving the green or red stats makes it a lot easier.

You don't need to have the companion window open at all, just have the companion summoned. Hit Ctrl-P to bring up Options, go to User-Interface > Tooltip and turn on Enable Companion Comparative Tooltip.

Now when you mouse over and item it'll compare it to what you AND your companion have equipped.

Edit: NVM daelenn cracked it! :D GJ matey!

Edited by Goshee

Is it possible to carry over my characters from one server to another? If yes - how?

Not at this moment in time. If it is implemented Bioware will most likely (not official and merely speculating) charge you for the service.

Or they will give out free character migrations from High Pop servers to Low Pop servers. This is only a theory and shouldn't be taken as accurate information, however most high end MMO's do it the same way.

I am having trouble resetting my class skills, can someone please help? It says I have no chosen an advanced class yet I guess, im level 17, went to the vendors to rest and the vendors tell me that I ahve no skill points to use, when i press K it says Im not an davanced class yet, please help.

I am having trouble resetting my class skills, can someone please help? It says I have no chosen an advanced class yet I guess, im level 17, went to the vendors to rest and the vendors tell me that I ahve no skill points to use, when i press K it says Im not an davanced class yet, please help.

Hey matey, when you went to your factions fleet after the starting planet you should have picked up a quest about getting your advanced skill tree.

The quest is in the fleet ship, as you leave the shuttle and go up the elevator there should be someone just in front of you and to the left who gives you the mission.

on my luanch portal, after all the assets and other stuff is downloaded, and I hit the play button, it says "Unable to play game" with a triangular yellow exlamation mark symbol. how can I fix this?

Could have been due to downtime last night or possibly you may now need to enter your game's code which will be inside your game box.

A very impressive guide. Clear, concise, and easy to use.

Thank you very much!

2 notes:

- A poster asked about racial differences. You're right that the movies provide most of the lore on this. I suspect, though, that what the poster asked about was if there is any racial differences with respect to game mechanics (stats, alignment, companions etc.)

Afaik the only difference is appearance and certain social moves but I may be mistaken?

- A quite obscure topic seems to be the (not-fully-implemented?) Legacy system that I at least can't figure out the mechanisms of. When does it kick in / how does the Legacy point accumulate / who receives the points / does the effect only apply to alts rolled after the Legacy name is acquired or is the effect applied retroactively etc.?

Keep up the good work!

Could someone please explain the Legacy/Surname system I keep hearing about? What is it? How do you access it or set it up? Do you do it within the game or within your account settings? Can you choose not to display it? What does it do (bonuses)?

I've looked all over and can't seem to find anything. I bought the Digital Deluxe version of the game, so do I even have it or is only for the super mega $150 collectors edition?

Halp halp! :confused:

Edit: Just wanted to add, this is an excellent guide and thank you for all your hard work! :D

Edited by WaterGem