The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I was the weird guy a few days ago. :rolleyes: Teamed up with a guildie dps and popped GF for a 55 FP. As I started tanking I noticed both dps pulling mobs. Thought they were hacking for sure because no one steals aggro from a Shadow. :o The reason they were pulling was made apparent upon inspecting my gear - I was still in dps gear and skill set from previous evening's TC HM run. :D

Asked people to give me a minute to respec, slapped on my tanking relics and... Proceeded to tank in dps gear. Nadia was wearing my tanking set. :eek: FP was a breeze in the end.

That's pretty cool! I wish they still did that. When i played CoX, the gm's would show up as little hover police bots. They would either point out why you were stuck or they would lend assistance with pulling an enemy out of a wall (which was a BIG issue with CoX for awhile). The good ole days.

Yeah, I once had a map were like I couldn't find the last guy for a kill all, I was sure I'd looked everywhere. So the GM shows up and says "Whoa, this is bad... okay here..." and a mob spawned in front of me so I killed it. The another like 20 times he had to pull in mobs that were stuck outside the map ROFLMAO. He said it was the first time he'd seen a map bugged THAT badly.

Hehe this is a nice little story well actually two.

First I was on my PT who can Dps or tank now, and was teaching a guild mate how to tank. I explained this at the start of each HM 55 FP we got and the healer\dps did not seem to care. So I was going through teaching via Ts and explained the fights to the group as well (the healer said it was his first time doing them). We got to the last boss in mando raiders and wiped. So it being late I threw on my tank set and respecced and proceeded to two tank the last boss (the original tank guildie and the healer were kind of poorly geared and that boss is rough if your under geared and/or learning your role still).

Kind of the same thing last night. Que'd with 2 guildies, one a Dps and the other a tank. Now I am on my Sin who is only a tank. So we two tanked through Athiss HM and probably had the healer going "*** is wrong with these guys" as we played ping pong with the bosses using taunts and natural aggro gen. We also chain pulled most of the FP lol. Was good times, and I do hope the healer got a laugh out of it.

HM athiss on my sniper. Op healer stealths to go get the explosives. Tank goes by himself to kill the first pull of lizards and gets wrecked, I finish off the last couple and walk up to rez him. He leaves group after cursing us out.

Wait for a replacement for a few minutes, no dice. Finally I say "**** it, treektank". Proceed to use my treek (in full DPS/healing gear and tank stance). Super smooth the whole run, even do beast out in the open instead of cave. Prophet picked treek twice and I had to put her on passive and run and kite them. They are apparently single target damage and thus CAN hurt companions, hah.

Everyone commented it was one of the smoothest runs they'd had.

A warning to fellow tanks out there. The same lack of tactics and respect that has invaded HM Flash Points is now appearing in SM Ops runs. Case in point, ran SM TfB last night as Main Tank. I am not forming the group, but no off-tank identified initially. After I started the first two trash fights, never lead another. Some jedi or another would fly through the air just as one fight was ending to start the next trash encounter. Recover half my lost health and ammo only to have the next red tag of combat preclude any vehicular travel. Just in case one of them was my off-tank I asked...several times..healer answered...nope he's not a jedi. No wipes, so I casually monitored target-of-target (partially to keep my Tank Union Card). It was a a kalidescope of dps, with no one fighter holding agro for more than a few seconds until it would land on a mid-rank female toon. I jumped in at this point thinking the deer-in-the-headlights tactics resembled a novice healer. Turned out to be a dps.

First boss, try to communicate to OT when I expected to transfer (Jealous Male). Response from several dps was, don't worry it's SM. Fight starts, sure enough Hand-off time comes, I switch to JM, and the OT isn't stepping up. Only chat comment was I need to turn boss away from party. Leap in with de-buffs still active, boss is down before next JM spawn. I query where OT was in tank swap...from healer..."Change of Plan". Rest of run plays the same, but now the OT was jumping into trash fights with dps, same kalidascope of target-of-target for the big trash fighters. I solo fight the bosses, including two at a time with Dread Guard. After weekly is completed, I am too tired to fight about it. "Thanks for the help, good luck". I figure I'll be pounding too many dents out of my helmet when the Terror's scream gets ignored.

I have stopped running HM FP for the lack of CCs, target progression, or anything resembling tactics. "Dude it's SM" is supposed to suffice. I call it Stupid Mode. Our gear allows us to zerg through, but my Tank Union Card says I need to maintain some semblance of a plan. I don't need full stamp-my-feet control of the group, but some form of order would be nice. Now HM classic Ops, and with the 78s in the game, TfB and S&V, have become zerg-fests.

Leap through the door, biff the monster, grab the prize,.....repeat, .....whine when you don't get all the best loot. The worst of paper and pencil, dice bag gaming has come to MMOs

Not my idea of fun. Fold up soapbox, go back to running fun DPS.

Just finished running a 16-man Terror From Beyond SM. Got in through the group finder with my Deception Sin. In it just for the comms, since she is already Underworld/Verpine/Oriconian geared. I knew the tactics and so on, but upon inspecting the rest of the lot, I realised many of them actually needed the gear, so I promised to stick around for the full run instead of leaving after Operator IX.

So, after the first boss there was a fight in the Ops chat about people calling Need on stuff without a valid reason. Since I could not care less about the Arkanian gear, I did not check the rolls, but simply informed I was ready to select pass on everything. The Ops leader then puts Master looter in effect. Some people complain, others said they don't mind and eventually we went on.

The weird thing comes when we started getting loot drops again. Since no-one else wanted Exotic Element Equalisers, I rolled for those (roll system, the Ops leader would then give the items) for crafting purposes. Okay, I was the only one to roll, so I got them. But then the Ops leader kept on handing me all the loot. And I mean all. The Arkanian stuff too! I tell him I don't need or want them, but that just kept happening... After we killed Terror From Beyond I had to arrange a little meeting with the rest of the group to dole out the Arkanian pieces. At least I was fair and actually gave them away.

I was in SM Hammer Station on my Scoundrel healer. The supposed DPS were both Shadows and the tank was a Guardian. The Shadows seemed to always engage first, but I didn't check their stance. While fighting the big droid, I noticed one of the Shadows was tanking and taunting (the Guardian didn't have taunt yet). That was the moment when I saw all of them were in tank stance. I asked: Would you mind switching to DPS stance as you are listed as DPS. One of them just typed "?", no one reacted at all, except for the real tank who offered to switch to DPS. Since one of the Shadows hat previously rolled need on a cunning item, I was quite fed up and left, even though I felt kind of sad for the tank who asked me to come back later (I refused, because I didn't want to group with them).

Well, I am used to one guy being in tank stance in Hammer Station despite being DPS but not an entire group. Especially since all the enemies were constantly attacking me even though there were three tanks present!

in a lowbie foundry sm run, everything went well, me and 2 more friends and one pug, we didn't really need any gear so we didn't really pay attention that the pug ninjad every gear from it until after revan, everyone was relaxing. After loot we went to the console for the final convo, and bam, he entered the convo and fast quit group, so he is still in the convo which would allow him to finish the quest but no one will shout at him of ninja. However his bizarre behaviour of quitting in a convo raise our interests, so we checked the rolls, and saw his ninja act. So well, we aborted the convo, he was out of group, quest unfinished, not gainning the massive amount of xp plus no daily mission down, no gf daily comms, for a crappy lv30ish gear that he can't even use. Nice job

I was in SM Hammer Station on my Scoundrel healer. The supposed DPS were both Shadows and the tank was a Guardian. The Shadows seemed to always engage first, but I didn't check their stance. While fighting the big droid, I noticed one of the Shadows was tanking and taunting (the Guardian didn't have taunt yet). That was the moment when I saw all of them were in tank stance. I asked: Would you mind switching to DPS stance as you are listed as DPS. One of them just typed "?", no one reacted at all, except for the real tank who offered to switch to DPS. Since one of the Shadows hat previously rolled need on a cunning item, I was quite fed up and left, even though I felt kind of sad for the tank who asked me to come back later (I refused, because I didn't want to group with them).

Well, I am used to one guy being in tank stance in Hammer Station despite being DPS but not an entire group. Especially since all the enemies were constantly attacking me even though there were three tanks present!

There have been loads of stories here about DPS using their tank stances. I wonder if this has something to do with the fact that some people use tank stances in Warzones? At least back in the day when field respec worked during Warzones, a lot of people swapped to a more defensive spec in Voidstar defense and so on. It could be similar thinking, though the benefits outweigh the cons in PvE... Or people just don't get threat, that is a possibility too.

in a lowbie foundry sm run, everything went well, me and 2 more friends and one pug, we didn't really need any gear so we didn't really pay attention that the pug ninjad every gear from it until after revan, everyone was relaxing. After loot we went to the console for the final convo, and bam, he entered the convo and fast quit group, so he is still in the convo which would allow him to finish the quest but no one will shout at him of ninja. However his bizarre behaviour of quitting in a convo raise our interests, so we checked the rolls, and saw his ninja act. So well, we aborted the convo, he was out of group, quest unfinished, not gainning the massive amount of xp plus no daily mission down, no gf daily comms, for a crappy lv30ish gear that he can't even use. Nice job

I don't get it - wasn't he able to finish the convo alone anyway?

OK, what the f is with Mandalorian Raiders [HARD] mode lately?

Last two days, it's all I'm getting, and all I seem to get (as R/DPS) is either drama-king/queen tanks who don't know how to tank, tanks who drop before we've even all loaded-in, or other DPS who are hero-1337-killer derp-wads.

Seriously, ***?

Yes, all those stupid dog-beast-things suck. So what? trash-mobs in general suck. Step up and deal, FFS.

OK, what the f is with Mandalorian Raiders [HARD] mode lately?

Last two days, it's all I'm getting, and all I seem to get (as R/DPS) is either drama-king/queen tanks who don't know how to tank, tanks who drop before we've even all loaded-in, or other DPS who are hero-1337-killer derp-wads.

Seriously, ***?

Yes, all those stupid dog-beast-things suck. So what? trash-mobs in general suck. Step up and deal, FFS.

I'm going to take a guess that you are angry.

They probably do that to avoid the long DPS queues.

and wind up having to requeue after getting booted from the group?

if you're a DPS queuing as a tank, be prepared to tank.

i'd like to respec my Opheals into OpDPS, but the almost instapop on most Flashpoint queues make it worthwhile to stay as a medic for now.

my jug tank rarely sits in a groupfinder queue for long.

Hard Mode Lost Island. I don't know what it is, but I hardly ever manage to beat it. Finally getting my mods in mostly 66+, I decided to try healing it. Again. After all, now that I've got okay gear, it can't be that bad, right? Wrong.

First 10 seconds, already notice two problems.

One: Tank has less than 14K HP. Now, I know you don't judge tanks just by HP, and stacking HP is bad, but that is a little low for tanking HM LI.

Two: The DPS asks if the Sith Marauder is tanking. Even when the tank, a Powertech, is right next to her. I assume it's just a silly mistake, and move on.

Once we enter the facility, I notice the DPS (not the Marauder), is in mostly greens, and, while specced Vengeance, is using her tank lightsaber form. Why? Because "it boosts mi dpz". We get her to change her stance, and she, for some reason, decides to remove half her gear as well. I didn't notice the gear removal until Doctor Lorrick, though.

We make it to the droid. Always where things get rough. I manage to keep most of us alive, though just barely: One of the DPS refuses to pick up adds (The one who asked if the Marauder was a tank), and the other one already had her hands full. We do manage to survive, and we move on.

Sav-rak. Just. Why?

Four tries. The first time, not a single person heads to the panel to get Sav-rak off of the tower. They can't understand why they're being destroyed by his spit.

Second try, one of the persons refuses to use the console. Without him doing it, Sav-rak continues to decimate us.

Third try, we almost beat him down, but our tank and the stupid DPS gets knocked off the platform. Us last two die.

Finally, we beat him.

With assistance, we got up to Doctor Lorrick with little trouble. The group was brightening up. We just might make ti through here, and I might not have a 100K Repair bill!

How wrong I was.

I gave up six failed attempts through Lorrick. To that Marauder who stuck through it with me, I love you. To the tank who refuses to taunt and is undergeared for HM's, please improve. And to the DPS, please learn to play.

Jumped on my freshly minted but geared jugg tank for a HMFP run (69s/72 and 78s in legacy gear with 69 MH/OH). Get a GF pop for Mando Raiders. Team consisting of Lethality Operative, Concealment operative and healer operative. expected a fairly quick run (them operatives can burn:cool:) I asked if we were doing the bonus boss. lethality replies - *** NO! I don't need gear. Concealment says - yes please and I'd like everything to be killed and leave the map devoid of life (:eek:). Healer pms me - yes please, I'd like to upgrade my MH mods from any drops. So I call - ok, we're doing bonus boss.

Lethality operative demonstrated immediately he was not happy - every mob he pulled ahead of me, opening with Orb Strike, I didn't get a chance to call CCs (I make it a habit to use whatever CCs the group has). At first I jumped in, frantically dropped AoE taunts to pick up aggro and request Lethality to stop his yahoo attitude. in reply I got "F U, I'm better geared and I can handle this". So I decided I'll implement the advice I was given on this very thread. the mob before Braxx and his pooches, lethality pulls ahead of me. I just stood there and watch him get ripped to shreds in 10 seconds. Healer and Concealment realized what I was doing and didn't lift a finger. He starts shouting he needs heals, but healer doesn't respond. after he dies, concealment and I jump in and mop up. after we rez him, we get another "F U" and even before healer has a chance to get ready, he goes for braxx. Concealment and Healer stealthes out and runs, I attempt to run myself, but my size 20 boots, not being made to help me sprint like Usaine Bolt fails me and I die and lethality lying there mauled and dead...again...I initiated a vote kick, but no luck- because healer and concealment wanted him to suffer. wanted him to leave on his own, rather than getting kicked. Luck would have it, Lethality decided to leave on his own and we got a merc DPS and ended up having a fun run for the rest of the HMFP. Concealment and Healer left with gear each and I got a new merc in the guild :D

Here's one funny and frustrating one from yesterday.

I just need one HM FP to complete the "do 3 HM FP 55s" weekly on my sage healer, so I enter GF, instapop Mando Raiders. Team consists of guardian tank, shadow dps and gunslinger dps. I notice they are all from the same guild, nice, smooth and easy run coming up I thought. Yeah, I was wrong. There's 2 things I immediately noticed. The tank isn't really doing his job well, I get attacked by trash lots of times. The shadow dps also tends to engage before the tank. Still on the first few pulls we have no trouble. Then on one pull the shadow engages again before the tank and his health bar goes to 0% in very little time, there was no way I could heal him (and I tend not to heal dps who behave like this, that wasn't the case now though). We don't wipe, and to my surprise the shadow admits it's his fault and apologizes. Nice I think, maybe they are on TS and having fun. On the next pull exactly the same thing happens, shadow dies, but we kill the mobs in the end. The shadow then asks me to "plz heal faster". To which I reply plz don't engage before the tank. Anyway first and second boss we kill easily, although there were some strange things during the fight, like not focusing one target down on second boss for example. The shadow dps doesn't learn though and he still engages before the tank on most of the pulls. He doesn't die now though, but still his health drops down quite fast usually. So he tells me this: "your gear is good, why do you heal like this?". I don't reply anything, just want to get this done so I can get my weekly. So we arrive at the bonus boss and we wipe because the gunslinger disconnects and dps is low anyway, he enrages. The shadow dps was regularly standing in his aoe though. I thought the don't stand in red circles is a pretty obvious thing even the most beginners know. After a reconnect we down the bonus boss, now onto the final boss. The gunslinger asks me what spec I am. I don't have time to reply as the fight starts. I have a hard time from the beginning cause one turret is always on me, yet we manage somehow, then at one point they don't kill the turrets fast enough, the boss jumps, 2 more turrets come up and we wipe. Then the tank PMs me asking me why i changed my role to dps. I ask him how come I can cast salvation. We finish the boss on next pull, I quickly quit and put them all on ignore. Funny thing is just before I quit I saw the shadow dps asking if I want to do another flashpoint with them.

Edited by TheDuge

Just ran The Foundry HM on my level 53 Operative healer. Had a level 50 Marauder DPS, 52 PT tank and 52 Juggernaut DPS. Since FPs only have three other players and I usually am the first one ready to go, I tend to check everyone's gear. The tank actually had DPS implants, but no biggie, I've healed through worst defensive. The DPS players were both adequately geared as well, so off we go.

Things went just fine for the first four, five pulls until the tank suddenly stops running and asks me to stop spamming Kolto Probe when we are not fighting. I ask him why I should that and he replies "The green spray hinders my line of sight". I explain to him that I really like to have the Tactical Advantages I get from the ticks, so in case something goes wrong really quickly, I can use Surgical probe and Kolto Infusion. Moreover, it's nice for the healer to keep a little HoT on all the characters, since it costs me next to no energy and the healing was usually enough to mitigate the small amounts of damage the DPS guys took from the mobs.

Finally I am given an ultimatum: I either stop using Kolto Probe out of combat or the tank initiates votekick. I asked if he was serious and sure enough I see a votekick pop up. The DPS playes snickered and voted against, causing the tank to quit himself. One of the DPS fellows asked his guildie to join as a tank and with an Assassin tank geared with 72's/78's we got through darn easily! On the plus side, the Assassin did not mind my Kolto Probes at all...

Things went just fine for the first four, five pulls until the tank suddenly stops running and asks me to stop spamming Kolto Probe when we are not fighting. I ask him why I should that and he replies "The green spray hinders my line of sight". I explain to him that I really like to have the Tactical Advantages I get from the ticks, so in case something goes wrong really quickly, I can use Surgical probe and Kolto Infusion. Moreover, it's nice for the healer to keep a little HoT on all the characters, since it costs me next to no energy and the healing was usually enough to mitigate the small amounts of damage the DPS guys took from the mobs.

Not that that's not a bizarre reason for not liking Kolto Probe(hinders your line of sight? Uh...zoom out a little? Click it off if it really bothers you?), but you'll get 2 stacks of TA when you pop out of stealth at the start of combat, and your third one usually comes as soon as you hit Recuperative Nanotech if not from the first tick of Kolto Probe. Also, if you're already healing before combat starts, then when combat does start, the first aggro event most of the mobs are going to have is your heals, and you're going to get shot up a little before the tank or dps can do anything about it. This is no big deal if your compatriots are competent, but in GF that's often not the case.

On topic, uh...I got nothing. Except I accidentally ended up "tanking" Prophet of Vodal on my Sentinel after the tank died to the flames and we killed it anyway? That's weird, kind of? Or, well, funny. Not sure why the healer didn't combat rez the tank, but whatevs.

Edited by theStirge

Not that that's not a bizarre reason for not liking Kolto Probe(hinders your line of sight? Uh...zoom out a little? Click it off if it really bothers you?), but you'll get 2 stacks of TA when you pop out of stealth at the start of combat, and your third one usually comes as soon as you hit Recuperative Nanotech if not from the first tick of Kolto Probe. Also, if you're already healing before combat starts, then when combat does start, the first aggro event most of the mobs are going to have is your heals, and you're going to get shot up a little before the tank or dps can do anything about it. This is no big deal if your compatriots are competent, but in GF that's often not the case.

I've never seen Kolto Probe ticks pull aggro in an encounter, but it could be because I tend to stand pretty far away when the fights start. Or at least that works with Juggernauts/PTs, who often leap to combat and I run after them and so on. Keeping up the probes also gives me more sustained TAs during the fights, since spending several GCDs to apply them mid-combat is just a waste of time. At least in my experience this is particularly true in boss fights that have AoE damage and where the players can be quite spread out (the droid with the electric current in the Boarding Party comes to mind).

Also, in that fight all the folks were relatively competent, the tank included. He just had a weird pet peeve. Good thing we didn't have to wait more than two or three minutes for the replacement.