Drop group quick button

Bigbearbear

I must applaud you Sir. Please share your secret. How do you keep yourself together and get out of bed each day knowing the hardships and challenges that you will be facing?

You are a true inspiration for us all who just want to just give up.

I'll tell you my secret: I'm French. :D

Just kidding.

And no, I don't understand why people automatically think I'll quit a group at the smallest drop of a hat. It is only that when I really do want to drop group, I want it done quickly and not have to wait.

right click your portrait, drop group...

Not hard.

WoW has Pokemon and Farmville. You want those too?

I like Farmville/Valley of the Four Winds dailies in WoW. And no, seriously, I'm not trolling you about this. I like the MoP expansion and its dailies, which I play almost every day. A little less now that I've started SWTOR but I still enjoy doing those.

I've not tried the Pokemon thing yet, now that you've mentioned it perhaps I'll give that a go.

Not a bad idea for SWTOR I think.

Lets take an inventory here

1. Came from WoW

2. Needs on stuff he shouldn't (other thread)

3. Too Lazy to right click drop group

4. Wants to be able to drop group fast DURING COMBAT

We have a winner boys and girls of the DIrtbag award.

This guy and people like him are a big part of the reason I walked away from WoW after 7 years.

Is there a way to quickly drop group and get out of a FP? In WoW you can create a macro and bind it to key/button so that you can drop group/raid quickly and get out if things aren't going well.

Pretty convenient for me.

People like you who leaving after first wipe in PUGs. I have always hate those people like you.

Just complete the flashpoint/op and if things go bad so take leader and explain tactics so you will successful completing flashpoint/ops.

Whats wrong with people nowadays? 5-10years ago people used to be patience and very friendly and enjoys challange in any MMO.

This guy and people like him are a big part of the reason I walked away from WoW after 7 years.

So you quit because you didn't like the action of others? Don't blame it on others, you have only yourself to blame for having such thin skin. Perhaps staying with a single player game might work out better for you?

Something a little more convenient, like a single button? There are times when you get aggro and mobs are all over you, so you'll want to kite and dodge around while trying to leave group. A little irritating to have to do the right-click and select from menu.

Something like a EJECT level on a fighter jet if you will.

You can't use exit area while in combat. You should be booted form the area if you /leave, I have no idea if you can use that during combat as I have never tried to do it. You could always /stuck and then exit area.

A word of advice though, if you become known for quitting an FP while in the midst of combat you are going to end up on a lot of ignore lists. This will make it pretty tough for you to get queues in the group finder. In the situation you described above I can only think of a few things that could make all the mobs attack you as a GS:

- You pulled them. That's your bad not the groups. Be more careful next time.

- The tank is dead. That's either the tank or the healers bad. Unless it's happening on every pull there's no need to quit the group.

Most story mode FP's are easy enough to get through if you keep plugging away at them. Try sticking them out a little bit more often. The stories in the FP's can be pretty good too.

So you quit because you didn't like the action of others? Don't blame it on others, you have only yourself to blame for having such thin skin. Perhaps staying with a single player game might work out better for you?

First off I put up with jerks like you for years as a healer and tank. So no thin skin is NOT my issue.

Once I realized there were more jerks like you out there than nice helpful people I also realized I didn't HAVE to put up with your kind and left. No law says that to play a MMO I have to play with jerks.

I enjoy MMO's particularly ones where I can be social and minimize my contact with your sort. Easy to do here. In any case what games I play are not your call.

Err.. I thought this was a reply to the OP... weird.. he answered his own point.... He quits FPs because of actions of others, he only has himself to blame cause he has such a thin skin, maybe he should be playing single player games? :eek:

First off I put up with jerks like you for years as a healer and tank. So no thin skin is NOT my issue.

Once I realized there were more jerks like you out there than nice helpful people I also realized I didn't HAVE to put up with your kind and left. No law says that to play a MMO I have to play with jerks.

I enjoy MMO's particularly ones where I can be social and minimize my contact with your sort. Easy to do here. In any case what games I play are not your call.

Thumbs up for this post. The OP Bigbearbear will end up in many ignore lists.

Edited by Sofiero

wait, wait, wait. So let us get something straight. You are actually asking for a quit button based on the actions of others. Yet you throw this, you have only yourself to blame out there.... You sir, have no one to blame but yourself. And maybe you should stick to the single player content in the game instead of subjecting us to your bad play and playstyle.

You want a better group, it is up to you. Take the time, it really only takes seconds to type something out. "Can we skip the skippable mobs?", "Can we spacebar through the conversations?", etc... Or simple suggestions, "Can we let the tank pull?", "Tank, can you get in your tank form?", "Can you 'guard' the healer?" etc...

Let's get something straight, with f2p, there is and will be a lot of new players, it is up to the players to help them along because it will make a better game and a better community that will help people stick around longer, make this game more money. Which hopefully translates into an even better game.

Seriously, if we want this game to succeed. It's the players that need to step up and make it so players want to stick around. If the majority of players are of the attitude on the OP, then this game is doomed. For which, at this point, I'm glad to say we have more people now that DO NOT have his attitude and are willing to help and build a community in a game.

I suppose next you want a system in the game like so:

"Computer...level me to max level in SWTOR"

"yes sir, completing max level then goes 10x overdrive and gets it done in 10 min"

but then you would probably complain it doesnt take short enough time :p

I suppose next you want a system in the game like so:

"Computer...level me to max level in SWTOR"

"yes sir, completing max level then goes 10x overdrive and gets it done in 10 min"

but then you would probably complain it doesnt take short enough time :p

He wants this, but only if a macro button would do it.:p

Hahahaha! Oh, the irony!