Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

Alright, fair consensus seems to stop doing codes. I hear you on them being shareable like the Cantina code is optimal, but it isn't how they work currently. With that in mind I am going to hold off on it. Again, I apologize if people felt slighted, I only meant it is as a fun downtime killer! I will be more sensitive to that in the future.

Again, we are actively moving towards a possible fix now. We then need to test it to ensure it corrected the issues of this morning. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

I'm reading the same responses and the 'majority' are asking for codes that aren't 1 time use with some asking for CC and the minority saying stop them. I'd do you a pie chart but I honestly can't be arsed.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit...this is how a few ruin it for all of us :(

Thank for trying Eric...some of us appreciated it, even if we didn't get a code.

What do you expect Tux? I rarely get a code (lol) but here lately if someone else doesn't get something they throw a fit I never stay at my keyboard long enough for these but thought it was fun.

First, make sure you have checked my most recent status update here.

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

How bout you just send us all in-game mail with cc's, bonus items, etc that we can claim when you guys get the game back up and running? Posting codes is great and all, but unless you're gonna post re-usable codes, it's first come, first serve, and I don't think we all wanna just stare at the Dev tracker forum, spamming refresh, and hoping we can get a code before someone else does... We can't really make use of cc's, bonus items, etc. anyway until the game's back online....

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

You've gotta be kidding, right? What kind of compensation is this? You're making it so much worse, as always. You expect us to be happy? You guys are possibly the worst at taking care of your player base. Extend double XP/CXP or something everyone can benefit from. Not codes only several people can use. I'm getting sick of this garbage lol.

Alright, fair consensus seems to stop doing codes. I hear you on them being shareable like the Cantina code is optimal, but it isn't how they work currently. With that in mind I am going to hold off on it. Again, I apologize if people felt slighted, I only meant it is as a fun downtime killer! I will be more sensitive to that in the future.

Again, we are actively moving towards a possible fix now. We then need to test it to ensure it corrected the issues of this morning. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

It seems that you are still ignorant to player's messages. Players say "Give compensation to everyone" you say "No". Players are suffering, biofail doesn't provide anything for compensation...and you really wonder why people are leaving swtor? :D Shame on your company.

I LAUGH AT YOU ALL, THIS IS JUST A GAME, I've been off for the past few days, was going to get some gaming in.... hasn't worked out too well, hehe. These guys are bustin their butts trying to get it back up with whoever they have available, cut them some slack and quit whining so much. The codes are BS, just get the game up is all I'd like to see. Good luck Dev. Team, and please relax player base.:)

Just give CC or week of free sub to everyone, who will log in the game in 24H, stop insulting us with your "codes"

I already hate you, but I love Star Wars, it is the only thing that keeps me subbing. But my patience is wearing thin

And I'm pretty *********** sure I'm not alone in my feelings

No you are not. Not even close. I'm angry enough to actually uninstall right now.

Eric, please make a compensation for all in game mail, how it doing as usual, not in forum. Not all users can every minutes press update page for can got codes. Its a really disturb all users! And looks as terrible indignity from developers to users.

I like this idea. A little good will like this goes a long way to soothing upset people and letting us know we are all valued members of the community.

-eric

The fair consensus is to give universal code or sent by mail like other promotion rewards as compensation. That everyone gets the same, not just a few people. "Not how they work currently" But they do, universal codes are a thing everywhere. Unless you are inept, it is not a problem to enable it. Actually yes, do hold off on it, but do something better. For every player. This should be common sense, so I'm confused why this even happened.

-eric

Man, I don't envy you your job, Eric.

I'm not gonna shoot the messenger, though. Here, have a rose to help you deal with both stressed out players and stressed out devs.

@-->-->--

You've gotta be kidding, right? What kind of compensation is this? You're making it so much worse, as always. You expect us to be happy? You guys are possibly the worst at taking care of your player base. Extend double XP/CXP or something everyone can benefit from. Not codes only several people can use. I'm getting sick of this garbage lol.

Did you actually read what he wrote...you know the part where he says these codes were not compensation?

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,'

Really? Only 15 people can get stuff? with millions (optimistic of me) of players waiting? Can't you put codes usable for everyone not just the fastest ones? It's just insulting. As always. I understand having issues, the need to have the servers down and all, but seriously??? Could you stop taking us for fools? We are subs and you continually put our noses in it. No codes or codes for all. And stop putting all your people on CM stuff and give us some real content while your at it. You're losing subs every day to other games btw, don't you see it? I love swtor, but like many others I'm considering stopping paying for it.

A miffed player

The fair consensus is to give universal code or sent by mail like other promotion rewards as compensation. That everyone gets the same, not just a few people. "Not how they work currently" But they do, universal codes are a thing everywhere. Unless you are inept, it is not a problem to enable it. Actually yes, do hold off on it, but do something better. For every player. This should be common sense, so I'm confused why this even happened.

+++++++++++++++++

If you're going to give codes out, make them accessible for everyone once. You cant just hand out 15+ codes and expect ones who got nothing to be happy about it. We are all waiting here because yall launched a patch that was not ready, that being said, yall need to send out compensation. We pay, SWTOR would be nothing without the fan base and subscribers. Edited by ParkisMaximus

Imo, either everyone gets the stuff, or no one gets it. That is fair.

If you're gonna be just releasing a handful of codes, you can stop altogether, that sort of hidden "threat" to stop giving codes wont work on me, personally.

I think everyone should get a compensation because this disastrous situation demands a compensation, for all subscribers. Otherwise, you can keep the codes.

One more or one less sub wont affect you, i know, but the game is already fighting to survive. I just want to see how you guys handle this situation. You compensate, im staying, but if you frustrate and ignore the screwed people, i leave. Im not paying to be frustrated, angered, with offline servers, and with no compensation.

I value my money, and my time, if you guys dont, i'll take it elsewhere.

heh nothing is ever fair but here's your participation trophy