View Single Post

cyrusramsey
02.12.2020 , 01:47 AM | #18
I'm not against increasing the limit, but if I think back on the history of all my guilds in this game, I can think of two examples of people that this feature was created for, people that hold grudges and go out of their way to cause trouble for those that they believe have slighted them.

Considering this to be a feature of escalation, one to be used when a simple kick has proven ineffective, or even in scenarios such as the person in question having gravely violated trust in a guild, it seems so unlikely to me that this limit would be reached this quickly.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I can't help but wonder if this isn't a case of reaching for the most powerful tool in many situations that a much less drastic action (you know, kicking someone) would've been more than sufficient. I'm sympathetic to the idea of not wanting to see someone join the guild with a different (legacy) name if they can't behave themselves with the first one (I've been frequently baffled at how people have argued against legacy-ignoring with the argument that they might want to troll on one character, but behave well on others ), but if there's no indication that these people actually will try this, then a ban is.. or should be premature.

As I said, I don't want to jump to conclusions, I don't know that that is what is actually going on, and I'm not against the limit being stretched some, but when is it going to be enough, really? If you filled 185 slots now, how long will it take you to fill 1000? Will you be asking for a higher limit when you hit that?