5.10.3 The Dantooine Incursion Feedback

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Game Update 5.10.3 with Dantooine and our new event the Pirate Incursion will be going live on PTS shortly. For some details feel free to check the post earlier today from Charles. Please use this thread to provide specific feedback on your experiences with Dantooine. Here are some things you should be sure to include in any feedback:

• You faction
  • Your level
  • If playing a Mission, what Mission were you on

Please be as specific as possible in any feedback you provide. As a reminder if you wish to report bugs, please do so in the PTS Bug Reports Thread.

Thanks all! We will see you on Dantooine :).

-eric

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I came across this annoying bug during the mission, Marauder Maneuvers I believe, where each time you picked up a yellow loot item that is needed for the mission, one of the NPC's constantly repeats the same phrase:

Colonel Trazen: "We have successfully gained access to their comm channels. Splendid work!"

That's all I have at the moment.

--

Faction: Empire

Level 70

not sure if it is only me, or for the others it is the same, but Dantooine seems to be really dark. In color, I mean.

Seems to be nature-firndly planrte yet everything is soo shady.

PTS feature only? or...that was designed?

I wish Dantooine had the same brightness as Makeb.

For the gameplay: you cannot solo heroics, no way.

Hard to say what it exactly is, cos we only have access to dailies and after doing Ossus dailies for 51687463 times, it feels...tiresome..

in case Dantooine becomes another Ossus in terms of getting gear, I am sorry, but my sub will end there, after 7,5 years. I cannot stand it anymore.

Heroics suffer from the same thing that the Ossus heroics suffer from, the fact that you just sling a bunch of elite and strong characters mixed in with a group and weak and strong characters in some attempt at making it difficult, then there is the bosses at the end of these heroics why again, just fill the room with random AOE

OR

the case of the totally not stolen stolen walker activate a shield waaaay to often which requires you to shoot a rocket at it to take it down, all cool until you realise that this walker activates the shield...with the shield up, so you hit it with the EMP rocket and then at the same time it re shields so you have to run around in circles for another 30 seconds. and even when you do get the walker shield down, it activates it really quickly, even with interrupting meaning the the boss is just longer than it really should be.

here is a small video showing off just what i mean by the large amount of mobs being sent at you, bare in mind this is after i died once and had already killed a few off.

The quick travel point at the imperial base doesn't work

Edited by benmas

Empire lvl 70

I really like this planet, it was such an interesting and fun place, Dantooine looked like Dantooine, this new addition to swtor is instantly identifiable, great job. I completed the daily missions, all of which ran smoothly. I am going to play through on rep side tomorrow, I experienced no bugs.

(Faction: Empire / Level: 70)

1. I really like that the conquest week is up and we can see how it will work. I do have a question about the Dantooine: Reputation objective, however. It seems like something we will only be able to complete once per entire game, as by the time the next time the event will come up, it's entirely likely most of the server (anyone with alts) will already have max rep (by saving tokens across toons and then opening them after the weekly reset). Since the one-time objective requires actually using tokens, it doesn't seem possibly to complete more than one or two times. (Even if I don't save tokens and only use them as part of the event, I will still max out reputation very soon.) Just seems like a weird objective to have there.

2. Similarly, re: conquest week. Is Defeating enemy Guards back? I see an objective for that for The Black Hole. I'm wondering if it's this week exclusive, or if we will see a return of this objective across other week. 'Cause that would be wonderful.

3. The Imperial Base doesn't seem to have a QT point, and the Republic Base does. Possible an oversight? If not, this seems like one should be added.

4. I will vehemently disagree with anyone who says the Heroics cannot be solo'd. It's a bit tedious, and would definitely go quicker in a group, but I had no problem solo'ing any of them. [PSA for other playes about the Walker: his activation of the shields can be interrupted].

5. Somewhat unrelated, but I am wondering if there is still a Level Booster anywhere in the game? I couldn't find one on the starting planet / Odessen. And if there is one, what is the option to gear such a character anymore, since the vendors on Odessen are gone? Or is that off the table completely now?

Edited by lessandracassidy

I played through Emp side once so far as level 70 Medicine Operative in 258 gear. Like others have said Emp side base is missing a QT point. There were a couple minor bugs but for the most part it seems good so far. I like the look of the planet, and the music. I was able to solo the Heroic 2+ easily but please tune down how often the walker casts its shield, it's annoying. I'd just sit there twiddling my thumbs waiting for the missile CD to reset (and yes I was interrupting it too, but it casts so often that would frequently be on CD as well). Also I was healing and my companion was DPS and kept aggro and the walker did zero damage to my companion the whole fight. Guessing that's a bug.

I solo'd the Heroic 4 where you save the hostages and fight the dog as well. I think that one might be a bit buggy too although I'm not sure. It just seemed a bit weird. The dog would tickle the hostages a bit and they'd run around and then disappear but it didn't seem like he was killing them, they'd still be near full health. It seemed pretty easy for a Heroic 4 though, at least as a healer with stealth.

Also I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional but I completed the Golden Dream achievement where you pay off the ransom for 15mil ten times. I received the BoP item in the mail on the character I completed the achievement with, but none of the other characters in that legacy received the item. And it doesn't seem like it can be claimed from the legacy window unless I'm missing something. I think it'd make more sense if every character in the legacy gets the item.

Also also I really enjoyed falling in the well and Polly. Is there a way to be friends with Polly? I want a bird with a laser for a companion.

I'm really impressed by your artdesign, level building and your new assets for those new areas after the Copero Flashpoint.

Should I jump into the Well or not? That' the question.

I like the instant travel for the heroics

Edited by ultimarb

not sure if it is only me, or for the others it is the same, but Dantooine seems to be really dark. In color, I mean.

Seems to be nature-firndly planrte yet everything is soo shady.

PTS feature only? or...that was designed?

I wish Dantooine had the same brightness as Makeb.

For the gameplay: you cannot solo heroics, no way.

Hard to say what it exactly is, cos we only have access to dailies and after doing Ossus dailies for 51687463 times, it feels...tiresome..

in case Dantooine becomes another Ossus in terms of getting gear, I am sorry, but my sub will end there, after 7,5 years. I cannot stand it anymore.

It's a recurring event planet like the rak tunnels and gree area.. so it will be grindy but only when the event is active

No qt at imp base. Difficulty of heroics is nice where it is they are actually a challenge to solo. One note... if this is a recurring event please add a vendor for cosmetic armor and weapons like the other events.. decos are awsome but I fear event interest will die off soon if no armor set or weapon set to grind 4.

tried the area and the daily quests.

really enoyed the baobabs. Wouldve expected vegetationt o be less. green. more on the dry side with baobads etc..

livestreamed my playthrough

couple of bugs here and there. strange one is a sound bug when exiting buildings. sound clips. are several examples in video.

Soloed all heroics with 257 tank and 50 comp, yes a bit long but ofc they're supposed to be for more so.

was really hoping to see the new huttball map but there are never people quing, is it possible to enter wzs witout a match going. or a lower population pts version?

I’m very happy to visit Dantooine again even though it’s so small. Makes me feel nostalgic. Also, THAT MUSIC.

It’s nice to see that not everything on the planet evolves around pirates' attack. Little things like codex entries and mysterious datapads (I found two so far) are much appreciated.

I also have a suggestion regarding new conquest: wouldn’t it make sense if Rishi dailies were added, or objectives like “defeat x amount of Nova Blade pirates on Rishi”?

And what these dudes are doing down there? :)

Edited by Ollmich

I kept getting wiped by SYSTEM OVERLOAD in Reactor Ransom, despite being outside of the conduit AOE. Works fine when the conduits only explode on one side of the room so I can stand on the opposite side, but if I try to stand on the small safe area near the door when all conduits blow, it kills me about 75% of the time.

I could just facetank Yarvok's Special Blend rather than letting him destroy the reactor, but I'm guessing the bonus is supposed to involve a similar mechanic to M&B/IZAX AOE phases, since doing it without him hitting the generator apparently doesn't satisfy the condition for the bonus even though, technically, you never "repaired" the conduits.

Edited by Unperson

Character: Reddington

Level: 70

Faction: Republic

Quest: An Enemy Among Friends

The respawn timer for Quartermaster Konnari is WAY too long at 4mins30seconds (yep, I timed it, as I despise these long respawn timer quest objectives). Please drastically lower the respawn timer or better yet - instance the building he is in. As it stands, it will be a clusterf*ck of people waiting and kill stealing. 30 seconds should be the MAXIMUM respawn timer for critical quest objectives like this.

Quest: [Heroic 2] Shiny New Toy

The Aegis System is too fast to re-apply (looks to be 15 seconds). Even if interrupted, the EMP rockets have a MUCH longer cooldown timer than the Aegis System does. Shock & Awe also completely kills a full 258 geared character with 3 hits. If this is to be a Heroic 2 (assuming its a forced Heroic 2, as I'm sure 2 people with 2 different cooldown timers are the forced ideal), tone the walker down or change the description to Heroic 4.

Quest: Broadside Barrage

The Pirate Ship at the northeast corner can have a barrage dropped on it, but the quest doesn't update. EDIT: evidently it works, but the area where you need to drop is very, very small compared to the other objectives.

Quest: Dantooinian Restabilization

As others have mentioned, there are no explosives visible to disarm.

General Feedback: I'm surprised there are only 6 dailies to complete. Ossus was great in that it had so many different ones to choose from if you found one or more annoying to complete. Will more be added?

Edited by ZeridanShear

I'll leave the wall of text behind a spoiler tag, but overall I'm quite pleased with the update. Minus a few bugs and an ungodly amount of lag it was pretty well, disappointed no Jedi Enclave but here's hoping we can get to visiting it in a future patch.

Environment and Lore-

So the environment is pretty well designed and it truly feels like the farm-world we explored in the KOTOR duology, the music pulled straight from there is also an excellent touch as well as the ships in the sky. As for what little we saw of the story it's interesting, the Sith Empire doing their thing while the nova blades rampage through the place.

Dailies-

Explosive Assurances: It's a nice daily,the arrows pointing out to the locations where you can drop the bombs are helpful as without it I'd likely have been unable to find them.

Beneath Suspicion: I love the way you tied in the mouse droid to this quest, it has a nice pacing to it and the speed boost is useful for when you have to re-trace your steps.

Marauder Maneuvers: Not much to say about this one, other than an annoying bug everytime I picked up a nova blade comm. The drop rate on them is pretty good which is excellent.

Shiny New Toy: A good Heroic 2+ quest. Very easy to traverse to and doesn't like too long to do it(Keep in mind I am playing a stealther so that likely helps but there isn't mob bloat in this area so it's likely even a solo player won't take too long to kill them) up until the Walker anyway. The mechanics are nice but they could use some fine-tuning, the AOE damages you too much and if you're channeling an ability (Such as getting the rocket launcher) so I'd suggest toning it down a little bit, it should still punish you for standing in stupid but not outright kill you for just trying to do the fight's mechanics which brings me to my next point. Either the rocket launcher's CD needs to be lowered or Aegis status, the walker is able to channel it far more often than you're able to use the rocket, which hampers your ability to do DPS and drags the fight along if you're playing solo. Another alternative would be to leave the cooldowns as they are and merely change aegis to be a defensive buff that protects the walker from X% of damage as opposed to making him immune. That way you can still get just a tid little bit of DPS as a solo player while your rocket CD is on.

Dantooinian Destabilization: I really like this one, even though it is a bit lengthy sabotaging Dantooine's infrastructure is worth the effort.

Opening the Skies: Pretty easy, a shame nothing explodes at the end though.

Operation Starvation: Other than the name, doesn't quite have a ring to it, no complaints since the pacing and mob placement of this quest is well done. Though it would be nice to have some of the plants wither a little bit after you apply the blight to them.

Heroic 4- Beware Hugo: I know this is a heroic 4 but even then I still think Hugo's health is too much, lower it a little bit. It takes too much time to kill him IMO.

Heroic 4- Reactor Ransom: It's a pretty fun heroic, my only complaint is there wasn't enough time for me to repair the conduits in the room. I'm not sure if that was intended or not. One thing that is most definitely a bug however was Yarvok's special channel as sometimes after putting bunker down he didn't do anything other than stand there for the duration of it.

This dantooine us a limited event like here or bounty hunter not accessable 24/7 so it won't be gear related or a constant daily grind

1.)Tried to activate the event off the fleet, the video animation wasn't finished not a problem because pts but the event wouldn't start so i had to head directly to the planet.

2.) +2 heroics were not a problem for a 258 sith juggernaut but I have a feeling that not everyone will have it so easy.

3.) The level 4 heroic I think called shiny new toy where you have to protect some civilian from big gus or something like that after the first 2 mobs there are 2 more mobs not too close together but if you attack the closest one all enemy npc's are aggroed.

4.) I have to agree with another poster one the mission where you have to pick up the enemy coms after the first time, we shouldn't have to hear it over and over again.

5.) Like the polly secret and the well secret and the temple secret got me in the feels.

6.) Unfortunately, there isn't enough lore codex's . I can tell you i was extremely bummed that we couldn't revisit the jedi enclave or see what the state is of the crystal cave. is. If you guys are saving that for a flashpoint or future story okay. But as someone who thoroughly enjoyed kotor 1 and 2. I am kinda sad i can see those things. But for an event it's not bad.

7.) I didn't happen to see a world boss so can we get a few champion elites around that have some kind of chance of dropping something cool or a drop that give a lot of rep points.

8.)The map also felt a bit small, maybe that's just me .

9) btw as annoying as mar'gok 2.0 is there away we can kill and loot him. After "resorting to violence" it sucks that we can't kill and loot him. Kinda feels like you've been trolled when you win.

Summary: Besides a few things I would like to see this fully fleshed out as a whole planet. Most of us who played kotor 1 and 2 want to revisit our old stomping grounds, but like I said if the reason it that you have not included that other side of dantooine is that it is left for a flashpoint in the style of rakata prime as we can fight from the start point through the crystal caves through the old jedi ruins (some lore codex about revan malak and exar kun maybe some darth traya lore codex where she kills the jedi masters in kotor 2), then it would be okay that we can't see those areas now.

I tried desperately to get a group for heroics but no one answered me.....

Why are people trying to cheese solo all the heroic group quests? They are intended to be done in a group, and complaining that its hard to solo is silly, I'm glad its hard!

Biggest bug i noticed was the little books you pick up for the achievement just disappear when you click on then. And the imp base quick travel.

For some reason not able to post in PTS Bug Reports thread, so here it goes :)

Just did Rep side missions, and one mission (sorry forgot the name) the one with disarming explosives near the dam, has no explosives in the area, i checked around for awhile but nothing to disarm there (or maybe I'm blind lol)

Second thing is doing heroic without paying ransom and going to defeat the guy didn't grant the achievement <The Right Way>. Also there is a typo in description of that achievement :) without is spelled wihout or so :D

Anyway, planet looks pretty, even though its infested with dangerous imps, pirates and birds :IfYouKnowWhatIMean: :D

Empire

Level 70

DAILIES

The dailies themselves were pretty straight forward and I didn’t encounter any issues completing them. I’ve done them twice now over two sperate days. The Mouse Droid Daily is my favourite!

HEROICS

I was able to solo the Heroic 2 as a Merc Heals in full 248 with a level 50 DPS companion (Pierce). Though, to be fair, my companion wasn't taking any damage from the walker (he had aggro the whole encounter) so that made that fight a lot easier. Mobs were slightly tedious to deal with and the other 'bosses' before the walker were a cakewalk. Can easily be 2 manned IMO.

On the same toon/comp combo, I was also able to solo the [Heroic 4] Beware of Hugo. The mobs were quite tedious but CCing a gold then killing the weak mobs first tactic worked well except for the time I aggroed 2 mobs by accident. :/ Hugo himself was slow. I died the first attempt with him at around 10% health and my comp dying (I even combat rezzed him and he died again haha). The second and successful attempt (my comp didn't die at all) I managed with a combination of taking my comp in and out of combat to get him out of the conal attack when he had 5 stacks of Bleeding, cycling my cooldowns and using the provided medpac thingys did the trick. This heroic could be easily 2 manned by 2 competent players. I think this heroic is balanced well and should be a cakewalk for 4 players while providing some minor challenge for 1-2 players.

Haven’t had time to try the other H4 yet.

ACHIEVEMENTS

I found both of the hidden miscellaneous achievements unaided. Was disappointed neither of them came with a title though.

The hidden exploration achievement I discovered unaided as well. But I’ve only found 4 out of 5 of the ‘components’ to it.

(Note I’m being vague so those who want to discover these achievements for themselves aren’t ‘spoiled’).

The reputation rewards aren’t bad per se but there is a lack of variety. Would be nice to see other rewards besides decorations such as weapons and armour skins, pets, speeders, SPARKLE POWDER, anything fluff really…

PVP

Honestly, you all really need to get back into the habit of adding a legacy title/titles to PvP achievements. You guys haven’t done that since Yavin. :( It’s a nice little way of enticing Open World PvP (if the title is desirable enough, think Oricon).

---

That sums it up for now. It is a lovely little zone similar in size to Darvannis. But either way, it suits the purposes of this event. I am disappointed that there isn't a PVP component to this Event given that the setting is a Rep vs. Imp conflict basically. It would also be lovely to see the Jedi Enclave brought into the game somehow in the future whether as a stronghold or a flashpoint etc.

Also, Imp Base quick travel point is bugged. :(

Edited by Pandoras_Jar

Republic

Level 70

Quest: An Enemy Among Friends

The respawn timer for Quartermaster Konnari is WAY too long at 4mins 30seconds (yep, I timed it, as I despise these long respawn timer quest objectives). Please drastically lower the respawn timer or better yet - instance the building he is in. As it stands, it will be a clusterf*ck of people waiting and kill stealing. 30 seconds should be the MAXIMUM respawn timer for critical quest objectives like this.

I completely agree--I can't see any reason not to put this guy in an instance, like the one at the end of the quest. But if there's some reason not to do that, he should be summoned by a clickie with a very quick respawn time, like the Tonvarr pirate in the Gree event. Otherwise, this quest is going to be very unpleasant.

Speaking of the end of the quest, I really liked the note on the datapad, but after reading it, I expected a conversation with the traitor, with options. Of course, that kind of thing doesn't really work well as part of a repeating event, but it still seemed a little odd that I didn't have the chance to talk to him.

Colors seem to be muted or stale on Dantooine. I can't put my finger on what's causing the issue. It's as if graphics have been set back, or scaled backwards maybe. It's just, that everything on Dantooine looks like it comes from an older version of the game and the entire FEEL of the zone is off.

My character's facial expressions are working correctly but his skin looks fake and rubbery while he's running around on Dantooine. That being said, companion complexions look pretty good. It's strange.

I will say that the terrain looks like it will be amazingly pretty, if the graphics and colors are brought in line with the "normal" servers.