Eternity Vault Normal Bug

So we raided EV 8 man normal tonight as a guild, I raided sunday night with a pug and we went 5/5

I am my groups main tank, and I off tanked the pug a guildie ran main tank for the pug.

It was easy enough.

So we got to the Ancient Pylons tonight, when all of a sudden the first mob spawns, and then proceeds to drop aggro randomly and 1-shot my Merc DPS and then instantly aggro back on to me.

So we retried a few times and this would still happen.

We swapped him to the other group with our off tank.

He still got 1 shotted.

He is well geared in all Champion gear except for a couple pieces of Columi.

My Merc healer, didn't get 1 shotted.

My Sorc healer, didn't get 1 shotted.

My Sniper dps, didn't get 1 shotted.

My Mara dps, didn't get 1 shotted.

obvious to say it would only happen to him. since he died 1st mob our button presser was our healer, and would have to constantly put off pushing the b utton to focus on healing me more often than if our dps was actually up. There were numerous times where we came within 1 rotation of beating the puzzle.

I'm simply wondering if anyone else out there has had this happen, and if this is indeed a bug? We've all submitted a report regardless.

We might had a simular problem, but we thought we we're outgeared.

We had some green-item-toons in the raid....... And we couldnt get passed the first 2 turrets :(

A week before the guild did it easily .....

Although i'm not sure if the same guy took all the aggro all the wipes. But we wiped way to easily, and we're not even close ingetting those turrets down :(

Edited by Roycus

I ran 16 man normal mode EV last night with my guild. I'm not sure if the shields on the rakata dudes are on 8 man after the patch or just 16 man in general but they are cast as soon as they spawn. Check for any debuffs/buffs they may have.

IF they DO have the shield up then all damage is reflected back to you. The shield can be interrupted and the debuff lasts maybe 8-10 seconds. They don't hit for a lot at all but the damage you put on them kills you instantly pretty much with the shields up. They are pretty easy and so are the bugs. We usually cc a bug in 8man.

After a couple of wipes last night we figured this out so when their shield is up just do not attack them and complete the puzzle.

Gotcha, I've checked torhead, and they do cast a Force Barrier shield that reflects all damage back so that was our problem, and I suppose for some reason it only happened to cast onto that one party member lol.

Thanks for the help/input.

As for the turrets, you need to be fairly well geared - at least the tanks and healers do as it's a very healing intensive fight more than anything else imo. Our strategy was to off tank the adds and right turret while main tank took left turret, dps down left turret and adds when they spawned, then dps down the right turret.

Edited by DarthChagras

the mobs do have shields that reflect damage, so if he hit the mob (by some stretch of the imagination) for about 6k each time and the shield was up, it's very possible he wrecked himself within the time span of 4 seconds (might seem like 1 just because of reaction time and time to look shockered as his health plummeted into the ground)