Sith Emperor vs Darth Sidious

Lord_Butcher

Alright so your in agreement then? Also that wasn't Vader saying anything. Not every quote needs to say he is the most powerful Sith ever, those that do are good enough.

that would be a yes... im in absolute agreement... and revan vs sidious? thats ammusing, and to be honest revan is my fav sith lord, but unlike revan fan boys, i know the limts of his power. he stands zero chance against sidious... he's not even in the top 3 as far as most powerful sith lords... probably not even top 5... i would say at least top 10 though... maybe around 9 or 10.

whats the most annoying is i bought kotor the day it came out... and i liked revan the moment i saw him 10 yrs ago. when i started liking him, it wasnt cool to like revan. no one had even heard of him, he was underground. so naturally i started using revan in my screen names. then like 3 years later revan is completely mainstream with a cult following of fan boys completely over emphasizing his power. even though i have no disillusion of revans power, i cant go into any room, with my normal screen names, and not be grouped in with those kids... or be immediately called a revanite... its soooo annoying

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Lucas said that Sidious is the most powerful sith lord ever bla bla bla...

BUT

You have to realize that the Star Wars universe is constantly expanding - some stuff will get retconned to lesser or greater extent. It is inevitable.

Just read Revan novel and play JK storyline and ask yourself who is superior - Vitiate or Sidious.

Here is some nice quote from codex entry related to the Emperor:

Basically the Emperor wants to exterminate every living being in the galaxy by performing a ritual that will begin on Belsavis. He will consume entire life present on Belsavis and after that, nothing will stop him. Of course JK stops him. If Vitiate's plans would succeed and if he would have managed to consume trillions, he would become as it says in the codex: godlike.

After you find out more about the Emperor you realize what kind of creature of pure evil he is. The way he speaks, everything about him is just terrifying and causes chills to go down your spine. I mean, he killed a sith lord when he was like what, twelve years old? When he was an infant, his eyes were filled with terrible blackness and void (Wth?! How sick and creepy is that?).

He is unlike any being that was ever born, when Lord Scourge who was a Sith Lord took a not even second long glimpse at the Emperor, he cried out like a child.

Some of his abilities on top of my head:

- Being able to perform most complex sith rituals ever attempted (consuming life of the entire planet - billions of live beings destroyed in matters of seconds).

- Being immortal? "His life spans millenia". Also from what I understand, it is almost impossible to completely kill the Emperor. His essence will always live on, attempting to find another host it can possess. For sure the Emperor got some weakness that can be exploited in order to defeat him, as everyone, but noone knows what it is yet.

- Being able to mind control pretty much anyone (though it is possible to resist the Emperor, Revan being the proof of that.

I am pretty sure that it is BioWare's intention to make us feel that Vitiate is in fact the most powerful, evil and dangerous sith/living being to ever exist (including the movies and all post EP6 expanded universe).

I believe Sidious to be among the top powerful sith lords ever but I don't believe he is the most powerful. I agree with what a terrifying devil this Vitiate was. I really don't think Sidious would stand a chance. When I say Sidious I am reffering to non EA Sidious. It is clear EA Sidious becomes something more and is far more more powerful then he was in ROTS and prior. EA Sith would not need a deathstar to destroy planets, he would not have to kill his master in his sleep, and he would certainly be able to to stop Vader from throwing him into the reactor on the second death star. Sidious used his most powerful lightning and still couldn't save himself from Vader's wrath. EA Sidious could turn 100 storm legion to ash with his force lightning. EA Sidious and Vitiate are darkside force Gods who are probably pretty close in power. Who is more powerful is really hard to speculate because they never actually dueled.

Also...

Windu never actually bested Sidious and Sidious never actually bested Yoda. Mace only disarmed Sidious and Sidious nearly fell to the floor along with Yoda following the lightning blast. Sidious without his saber was far from unarmed. It makes sense he was trying to look weak in front of Anakin. His plan all along was to aquire Anakin as his new apprentice. It seems likely Mace would have been toasted by sidious force lightning if anakin decided to wait in the council chambers. It seems likely Yoda and Sidious would continue their duel had they both fallen. That would have been cool to because they would have been both injured and disarmed with only force powers to utillize.

Shame on George Lucas for cheating everyone out of an epic force battle. Anyway when Yoda fell his only real option was to retreat. With that said I dont know why most seem to thing Sidious won. They dueled as equals fought with force lightning and Yoda fell while Sidious barely managed to hang on. If i was fighting someone on a bridge and we exchanged blows for a minute or two then i leap on to my opponent and he/she falls over the ledge and into the water below then makes it to land and and walks away I would hardly consider that a victory.

Windu never actually bested Sidious and Sidious never actually bested Yoda. Mace only disarmed Sidious and Sidious nearly fell to the floor along with Yoda following the lightning blast. Sidious without his saber was far from unarmed. It makes sense he was trying to look weak in front of Anakin. His plan all along was to aquire Anakin as his new apprentice. It seems likely Mace would have been toasted by sidious force lightning if anakin decided to wait in the council chambers.

Windu absolutely bested sidious, but it wasnt so black and white. he bested him in the duel as far as lightsabers were concerned, but not in the fight as a whole. normally windu wouldnt be able to stand up to sidious in sabers, but mace was drawing on a power source not usually available to him, giving him a power boost. that power boost was the anger and darkness from sidious himself... mace windu's vaapad style lets him draw on the darkness inside himself, as well as the darkness inside his opponent, and release it to make him more powerful in a duel... seeing as he was battling the strongest sith lord ever, he was completely supercharged on sidious' power and was drawing on it to make himself stronger. On top of that windu had more rage than normal inside himself during that fight... finding out palpatine and sidious were the same person had hollowed him to the core. cuz mace windu also had a secret attachment, a secret love, and that was the republic. When his secrect love was threatened he had even more darkness and rage inside himself to draw on.

that being said, windu stood no chance in the fight as a whole. palpatine could have ended it whenever he wanted im sure. but palpatine dueled him without force powers and "lost".. but sidious also allowed himself to be bested. Windu broke the window to lure sidious near the edge so he'd have to use the force to grip the floor against the winds. sidous let himself be lured out knowing windu would beat him, he wanted to be beaten. Sidious was faking fear and Windu drew on the fake fear to grow even more powerful... and thats when anakin walked in

• 7 months later...
Don't forget that Palpatine had trained Darth Maul, who defeated one of the Jedi Order's champions and would've killed Obiwan had he just killed Kenobi as opposed to taunting him. Then Palpatine managed to turn a prestigious Jedi Master to Dark Side. Dooku was powerful in his own right, so the fact that he came to serve Palpatine indicates that Dooku knew that Sidious was not to trifled with. Anakin was so powerful he dominated a veteran Jedi Master who should've been beyond him in lightsaber skill and force mastery. Yet Vader, after 20 years, still was terrified of his master.

The Sith Emperor should be compared to The Son,not Sidious.With the exception that the sith emperor is much more evil than the The Son ,which means in certain circumstances i would consider him a greater threat.

If we consider post ep6 EU ,Sidious is yes the most powerful sith lord ever.But Vitiate is no sith lord.

I believe Sidious to be among the top powerful sith lords ever but I don't believe he is the most powerful. I agree with what a terrifying devil this Vitiate was. I really don't think Sidious would stand a chance. When I say Sidious I am refering to non EA Sidious. It is clear EA Sidious becomes something more and is far more more powerful then he was in ROTS and prior. EA Sith would not need a deathstar to destroy planets, he would not have to kill his master in his sleep, and he would certainly be able to to stop Vader from throwing him into the reactor on the second death star. Sidious used his most powerful lightning and still couldn't save himself from Vader's wrath. EA Sidious could turn 100 storm legion to ash with his force lightning. EA Sidious and Vitiate are darkside force Gods who are probably pretty close in power. Who is more powerful is really hard to speculate because they never actually dueled.

Do you mean EU rather than EA, EU stands for expanded Universe, meaning everything that isn't the films.

But the thing is Sidious aka Palpatine was way more powerful than Vitiate, Vitiate manage with a ritual to create a Force Storm that covered half a planet, Sidious without any ritual covered an entire planet with a force storm, similar sized planets too.

Yes, Vitiate went down the whole force god route, and was probably the most powerful Sith after Sidious, but Sidious was in a whole other league, he too could become a disembodied intelligence, and could have done everything Vitiate could do, maybe not as easily with somethings, due to lack of practice. But he wanted to rule directly rather than recreate the galaxy, so took a different route, but when you compare the things they actually did, Sidious is completely overpowered.

The Sith Emperor should be compared to The Son,not Sidious.With the exception that the sith emperor is much more evil than the The Son ,which means in certain circumstances i would consider him a greater threat.

If we consider post ep6 EU ,Sidious is yes the most powerful sith lord ever.But Vitiate is no sith lord.

Um, yes he is, an extremely powerful Sith, but a Sith never the less.

Yes, Vitiate went down the whole force god route, and was probably the most powerful Sith after Sidious, but Sidious was in a whole other league, .

I would say the same thing,but the other way around.Vitiate is in a whole other league.

There is no way the guy i saw in the movies or in the Plagueis novel can be an Emperor of a Sith Empire for 1300 years.The post ep 6 EU aside,i can't comprehend how can people think that is the most powerful force user in SW.

For god's sake Vitiate knew advanced force techniques at he age of six.He didn't have ''potential'' ,he didn't have a sleeping power inside him.He *knew advanced force techniques'' at an age in which Palpatine was playing with a stick in the yard.At the age of 10 he defeated a Sith Lord and sucked the force out of him.

Comon... i mean it's obvious who is more powerful.

For god's sake Vitiate knew advanced force techniques at he age of six.He didn't have ''potential'' ,he didn't have a sleeping power inside him.He *knew advanced force techniques'' at an age in which Palpatine was playing with a stick in the yard.At the age of 10 he defeated a Sith Lord and sucked the force out of him.

Just because Sidious didn't murder someone at six doesn't mean that he wasn't using the Force at a young age. As a newborn, Sidious scared the crap out of his parents because he was too powerful, dark, and unusual and his parents had him tested to ensure he was their own. Sidious also at a very young age inherently suppressed his Force Signature/Dark Side Presence with absolutely no training whatsoever and maintained it for 15ish years. Take note as a comparison that Darth Bane, a top 10 Sith per community rankings, among others is never stated as learning this ability and Sidious did it without training. Sidious suppressed his ability so much that Plagueis, a top 5 Sith, had problems determining if Sidious was Force-Sensitive yet alone how powerful he was.

Just because Sidious didn't murder someone at six doesn't mean that he wasn't using the Force at a young age. As a newborn, Sidious scared the crap out of his parents because he was too powerful, dark, and unusual and his parents had him tested to ensure he was their own. Sidious also at a very young age inherently suppressed his Force Signature/Dark Side Presence with absolutely no training whatsoever and maintained it for 15ish years. Take note as a comparison that Darth Bane, a top 10 Sith per community rankings, among others is never stated as learning this ability and Sidious did it without training. Sidious suppressed his ability so much that Plagueis, a top 5 Sith, had problems determining if Sidious was Force-Sensitive yet alone how powerful he was.

Some of the things you said are made up,but still:

pod racing as a sign of force sensitivity ,knowing he is unusual,Plagueis being unable to read his mind < knowing Force Drain,advanced telekinetics,just like that as a kid,without any training,being a lord of a planet,being able to kill a sith lord } - all this before the age 13.

I repeat he killed his parents using the force at the age of 6,on purpose ,without any training,just like that.- do you even know how young 6 is?

pod racing as a sign of force sensitivity ,knowing he is unusual,Plagueis being unable to read his mind < knowing Force Drain,advanced telekinetics,just like that as a kid,without any training,being a lord of a planet,being able to kill a sith lord } - all this before the age 13.

Maybe I spoke too much of Sid's feats that it made it seem I was giving an opinion in that post. I was just illustrating that Sidious was doing some subtle but very impressive feats with the Force at a young age and not just playing with sticks until Plagueis showed up. However, what if part of the reason why Sidious inherently suppressed his signature was because he lived in the Republic in a time when the Sith/Dark Side was perceived to be no more/uncommon/evil or however you want to describe it whereas Vitiate was living in the midst of the Sith Empire's Golden Age and thus had no fear, aside from rival competition, of making his true Dark Side self known. If Sid had no concern and lived among Sith what do you think would've happened? It's very conceivable that Sidious might have taken over Naboo if it was part of the Sith Empire at a young age as Naboo, like Nathema, was considered a not top tier planet of the Republic/Sith Empire respectively.

I do agree that Vitiate's feats at a young age edge Sidious but I maintain my opinion that some part of this is due to the governing body/times in which they lived.

Some of the things you said are made up,but still:

Which part is made up?

I've been listening to the Plagueis audiobook (narrator is awesome and those who've already read the book should listen to it also!!!) and just got to the part where Sid becomes Sith so my Sid background is pretty fresh in my head but I know I'm not perfect.

do you even know how young 6 is?

Yes it's older than 5 but younger than 7 :D

But seriously I don't think SW ages are equivalent to our cultures' ages. Naboo elected Padme when she was 13 and she wasn't the youngest they had ever elected. That would not happen in reality.

And yes I have worked children's summer camps so I know how old 6 is

One of my desires has been to write a Sidious vs. Vitiate BattleZone analysis. Perhaps this thread's return is the perfect opportunity for it...

Sidious can win unless they decide to compare who is more powerful by comparing who could withstand the other's force lightning longer which would be idiotic ofc.

Anakin is more powerful than Obi-Wan on paper,but Obi-Wan defeated him.Just the same as with Maul.You get the idea.

Sidious can win unless they decide to compare who is more powerful by comparing who could withstand the other's force lightning longer which would be idiotic ofc.

Anakin is more powerful than Obi-Wan on paper,but Obi-Wan defeated him.Just the same as with Maul.You get the idea.

Obi-Wan vs. Anakin is, and always will be, an invalid comparison for the obvious reasons.

I think just one more line would get the message across.

My scenario:

Sidious walks into Vitiate's throne room.

Vitiate gives up his chair and begs for mercy.

Sidious gives a menacing laugh and replies "No Soup......For YOU!!!"

Sidious uses a barrage of Force Lightning and Lord Vitiate is defeated.

Battle Complete!

Edit: It seems I used 2 more lines. Overkill?

I would say the same thing,but the other way around.Vitiate is in a whole other league.

There is no way the guy i saw in the movies or in the Plagueis novel can be an Emperor of a Sith Empire for 1300 years.The post ep 6 EU aside,i can't comprehend how can people think that is the most powerful force user in SW.

Comon... i mean it's obvious who is more powerful.

He had a strong affinity to the dark side, like say Darth Zannah, which is evident from his black eyes and Force powers manifesting at an extremely young age. But if this the battle of the toddlers? No. In there primes Sidious simply pulls ahead, its that simple. He's just a superior Force user in almost every way aside Sith Magic.

One of my desires has been to write a Sidious vs. Vitiate BattleZone analysis. Perhaps this thread's return is the perfect opportunity for it...
Funny that, I was thinking of doing a REAL Most Powerful style Force ability annalists.

Perhaps we should combine forces, show how Sidious is superior to the Sith Emperor and would best him in battle. :p

EDIT: Seriously though we could make a mega-thread. Heck we could even stick Wolf's quotes in there too. Well... that might be a little cruel on the Vitiate supporters.

Funny that, I was thinking of doing a REAL Most Powerful style Force ability annalists.

Perhaps we should combine forces, show how Sidious is superior to the Sith Emperor and would best him in battle. :p

EDIT: Seriously though we could make a mega-thread. Heck we could even stick Wolf's quotes in there too. Well... that might be a little cruel on the Vitiate supporters.

Hmm... a big mega-thread? I like that idea.