Accuracy in relation to force-wielders

xordevoreaux

I've just more or less (minus an augment or three) followed class guides, and in those class guides, I often see at the 230 level requiring 735 points in accuracy.

Healers, thankfully (I play a lot of healers) don't need it. (Can you imagine? Low accuracy = fix someone's stubbed toe rather than heal major internal bleeding).

So, I was looking at a class guide the other day and noticed 735 accuracy for a lightning sorc, and I began to wonder:

What is it about the force that would require accuracy?

Darth Baras choke-holds someone from across the galaxy via a holoterminal. He must have needed incredibly high accuracy to do that, otherwise he could have missed and attacked some random person on another holoterminal.

Darth Baras: Whups, sorry about the windpipe there, I was trying to attack someone else.

Accuracy in relation to using the force, at least for me, feels odd. For anyone who must physically align a gunsight to a target, yes. Perfect sense.

But would not the force be guiding one's hand when bringing down a light saber on an enemy, rather than physical accuracy? Would one's strike of lightning on an enemy, 100% force-driven, require physical accuracy to meet its target? Really?

Just odd that force wielders of any subclass need accuracy at all.

Edited by xordevoreaux

In a game sense, it's to balance out stuff. Every DPS needs 10% extra accuracy in order to never miss.

In a lore sense, I can kinda agree, but if you look at, let's say, the consular. If you want to throw rocks at people, you need some chunk of accuracy. I guess the same could apply for lightning (if you ever played the old Battlefront II, you know you needed to aim your lightning, even though it was easier than a gun, in order to hit enemies and not allies).

In a game sense, it's to balance out stuff. Every DPS needs 10% extra accuracy in order to never miss.

In a lore sense, I can kinda agree, but if you look at, let's say, the consular. If you want to throw rocks at people, you need some chunk of accuracy. I guess the same could apply for lightning (if you ever played the old Battlefront II, you know you needed to aim your lightning, even though it was easier than a gun, in order to hit enemies and not allies).

A New Hope: Luke has a visor over his face and can't see. Obi Wan is trying to get him to stop using his physical senses to attack the probe and use the force. Accuracy there is... where exactly?

Doesn't make sense for force wielders to need accuracy at all.

Edited by xordevoreaux

A New Hope: Luke has a visor over his face and can't see. Obi Wan is trying to get him to stop using his physical senses to attack the probe and use the force. Accuracy there is... where exactly?.

How about calling it "attunement" for force users? :rolleyes:

Anyway, even from a game-mechanics perspective, the stat is pretty pointless. No dps seriously considers less than 110% for PVE; it's just a small hurdle for new players, similar to the "option" of using the wrong main stat pre-4.0.

And if reducing a dps's stat budget compared to a healer is a means of balancing, this could be done by other means, like having a little less mastery on dps armorings.

Edited by Mubrak

A New Hope: Luke has a visor over his face and can't see. Obi Wan is trying to get him to stop using his physical senses to attack the probe and use the force. Accuracy there is... where exactly?

Doesn't make sense for force wielders to need accuracy at all.

Maybe it's more like how accurate a force action is executed - less accurate performed actions are easier to dodge. (But this would imply you need accuracy for healing, too :D)

How about calling it "attunement" for force users? :rolleyes:

Anyway, even from a game-mechanics perspective, the stat is pretty pointless. No dps seriously considers less than 110% for PVE; it's just a small hurdle for new players, similar to the "option" of using the wrong main stat pre-4.0.

And if reducing a dps's stat budget compared to a healer is a means of balancing, this could be done by other means, like having a little less mastery on dps armorings.

I suppose it could be thought of as one's affinity with the force (that healers apparently don't need).

Edited by xordevoreaux

• 1 month later...
I've just more or less (minus an augment or three) followed class guides, and in those class guides, I often see at the 230 level requiring 735 points in accuracy.

Healers, thankfully (I play a lot of healers) don't need it. .

its because you dont dps with your healer right?

you just keep on healing, healing, healing.. :D

If we are going to justify basic stuff like stats please do tell me where in the movies Vader decided to stack crit. Or perhaps that time when Obi Wan was looking for implants?

I mean, come on. Stats are numbers behind your damage.

And if it really bothers you, well — force users need precision, too. There are not a lot of canon sources in which force users just heave out force stuff and saber chops aimlessly in some general direction...

Edited by Eksenia

• 4 months later...