Expansion to 60

OrionLives

It is inevitable guys you know it's going to happen. What I am wondering is what they are going to do to make the transition for us 55 geared-out-the-*ss guys who really don't want to regear our toons, a smooth one. Or maybe not smooth, rip it off like a bandage. Don't leave me in wait for the stuff that is to come. Tell me so I am prepared.

I would also like to know how the commendations system is going to be altered. There are so many different comms for us 50+'s at the top from basic to ultimate. Will they all become useless? Who has played an MMO and has experience with what happens to us when 60 hits.

My gear. I love the way my toon looks right now. I've gotten several compliments on my 55 Sentinel Maddelyn.

"Maddelyn you look like a G!" Is my favorite so far. I have seen controversy over the expanding armor sets looking worse than the items back at 50.

What is in store for the Galaxy we love so much? If anyone has any info on the plans for the future please share.

The comms will likely remain the same. To be honest being geared to the teeth will only help because you'll likely be able to jump right into the new operations with little to no gearing effort, other than leveling of course.

If they were smart, they would just add new content and up the gear score without raising the level. It would be just like leveing, but without the dread of higher and higher numbers. This way, 55s would get a new planet, with new missions, better gear, and eventually new OPs/FPs. No need to raise the ceiling. WoW learned that lesson the hard way.

Have you ever gone through a level expansion before?

In case you haven't, I'll explain it for you:

Those in BiS gear now won't be upgrading their gear from 55 until 60 when they start doing the new 60 HM FPs.

Those in lesser gear(Ultimate vendor gear), will likely upgrade their gear at about 58 and up.

Those in Elite gear will likely see gear upgrades at about 56 or so.

The goal is to create a gearing path that enables people to jump from Makeb leveling content to the new 55-60 leveling content without much stress on the levelers.

Basic gear and Elite gear is likely to be removed like Tionese and Columni gear were removed, while Dread gear is likely to be reclassified as Classic gear.

Edited by Infernixx

It is inevitable guys you know it's going to happen. What I am wondering is what they are going to do to make the transition for us 55 geared-out-the-*ss guys who really don't want to regear our toons, a smooth one. Or maybe not smooth, rip it off like a bandage. Don't leave me in wait for the stuff that is to come. Tell me so I am prepared.

I would also like to know how the commendations system is going to be altered. There are so many different comms for us 50+'s at the top from basic to ultimate. Will they all become useless? Who has played an MMO and has experience with what happens to us when 60 hits.

My gear. I love the way my toon looks right now. I've gotten several compliments on my 55 Sentinel Maddelyn.

"Maddelyn you look like a G!" Is my favorite so far. I have seen controversy over the expanding armor sets looking worse than the items back at 50.

What is in store for the Galaxy we love so much? If anyone has any info on the plans for the future please share.

IMO there are a couple of issues. First is player expectation that once they get to cap and spend time earning bis gear that it will never ever get replaced. IMO, that is immature but is still happens. The second is the value of the BIS gear should be worth more. The reason it isn't worth more is the tiny cap increase.

If we had an expansion that went from 55 to 80 and that BIS gear didn't start getting replaced until say level 75 (pulled that number out of my ...) it would be seen as more valuable and worth pursuing.

IMO there are a couple of issues. First is player expectation that once they get to cap and spend time earning bis gear that it will never ever get replaced. IMO, that is immature but is still happens. The second is the value of the BIS gear should be worth more. The reason it isn't worth more is the tiny cap increase.

If we had an expansion that went from 55 to 80 and that BIS gear didn't start getting replaced until say level 75 (pulled that number out of my ...) it would be seen as more valuable and worth pursuing.

BIS isn't BIS for all time, its BIS for current content. Once that content changes, BIS becomes "next best" and so forth.

If 50-55 is any indication, BIS will work for leveling and probably SM flashpoints without the need to grind, but will not be sufficient for ops. With rakata gear I was able to get passed Makeb easily and replace some gear with crafted and drops as you leveled. Once we hit level cap we were sufficiently geared for 55 HM and SM operations. But attempting to do 55SM operations in pure rakata gear was ill advised.

tl;dr BIS will work for awhile, but will probably be replaced quickly by both crafted gear and drops from quests/flashpointes etc. new BIS will only be gained from the level capped HMs and will need to progress as usual to get there.

BIS isn't BIS for all time, its BIS for current content. Once that content changes, BIS becomes "next best" and so forth.

If 50-55 is any indication, BIS will work for leveling and probably SM flashpoints without the need to grind, but will not be sufficient for ops. With rakata gear I was able to get passed Makeb easily and replace some gear with crafted and drops as you leveled. Once we hit level cap we were sufficiently geared for 55 HM and SM operations. But attempting to do 55SM operations in pure rakata gear was ill advised.

tl;dr BIS will work for awhile, but will probably be replaced quickly by both crafted gear and drops from quests/flashpointes etc. new BIS will only be gained from the level capped HMs and will need to progress as usual to get there.

When 2.0 first dropped, my main toon was in fully optimized Dread Guard (150 rating). Makeb was too easy, but level 55 HM FPs and SM Ops were okay.

If the same thing happens again, I would imagine that people in 180+ would be overgeared for any new planetary content, but would be fine any new HM FPs and any new SM Operations.

It is inevitable guys you know it's going to happen.

It's NOT inevitable.

But I do think it will happen at some point. But keep in mind.. they have shown a willingness to add new content types that are not level based [Like GSF]... so they could very well take a new direction at any time in this regard.

The only thing inevitable about MMOs is:

1) they change over time.

2) they eventually close somewhere down the road.

BIS isn't for all. Isn't that what I said?????????? DERP. What I did say is there are people WHO DO THINK THAT WAY. Those who think once they get that special uber item that the game should never offer something better than that. If you have not seen people who act like that, well, that explains a lot.

If you like the looks of your toon, you will likely have to remod all the gear at one point or another - full mods + reaugmenting (slots + actual augments) on all your gear ,or the pieces that you keep and not change, but, ultimately, you will have to augment your ear and implants also.

A very expensive business if you`ll do it with BiS or close to mods / augments, on a large number of alts.

Edited by Styxx

It's NOT inevitable.

But I do think it will happen at some point. But keep in mind.. they have shown a willingness to add new content types that are not level based [Like GSF]... so they could very well take a new direction at any time in this regard.

The only thing inevitable about MMOs is:

1) they change over time.

2) they eventually close somewhere down the road.

they announced that there would be a level cap raise already. It actually is inevitable. Its from the Boulder Cantina tour (if you look its almost completely at teh bottom of the page where they mention a level cap increase that we will hear about "sooner rather than later". my guess is that it will come with the makeb-like expansion coming this year.)

Edited by Sangrar

If and when they raise the level cap I would like them to avoid expanding the talent trees. Just let us spread out a little more than we can currently.

This is not gonna happen. They are gonna have to expand the trees......if they just gave you another 5 points to spend then this would open the door for many possibly OP hybrid specs. Just look at dotsmash hybrid which is getting nerfed in the next patch

This is not gonna happen. They are gonna have to expand the trees......if they just gave you another 5 points to spend then this would open the door for many possibly OP hybrid specs. Just look at dotsmash hybrid which is getting nerfed in the next patch

No it won't. You are talking about an isolated incident.

It will be the same as when it went from 50 to 55. If you are in BiS gear, you will have no problem leveling to the new cap. Your current gear *might* be the minimum to start new level 60 dailies/SM OPs. It might not. I imagine they will bridge the gap again with level 58 gear similar to the current 53 that you can earn fairly easily.

Higher levels mean a new gear treadmill. No way around that.

If they were smart, they would just add new content and up the gear score without raising the level. It would be just like leveing, but without the dread of higher and higher numbers. This way, 55s would get a new planet, with new missions, better gear, and eventually new OPs/FPs. No need to raise the ceiling. WoW learned that lesson the hard way.

Indeed. There really is no reason to raise the level cap. It's a lazy and an artificial way of adding "content".

Not the new gear worrying me. Its the new achievements ... Please BW , dont put new leveling achievements. I spend 1,5 years of leveling to get all 8 classes to lvl 55. I dont want to lose another 5 months to get my 7 unused alts to 60.