Please add a quitter debuff

Ferboten

i can see a quitter debuff doing three things:

1. players that dont want to stay will either go afk, sit by a node, etc. The ops/global chat will be filled even more with how great they are and everyone else sucks, etc.

2. players won't even bother queueing up.

3. players will still quit. many folks have alts that they'll just log on or whatever.

But hears the advantage of quitting now. If you run into a roflstomp premade or a frustrating bubble-stunning team, you can quit and requeue. Since they are still in the match, you will get into a new wz rotation where odds are you wont time up with those particular folks again. So you can avoid running into the same premade over and over and over.

Rather than a debuff, they need to add incentives to stay in the match. Some type of reward if your there at the end of a match, either its tokens for vanity items, or repuation, more money, more commendations, whatever. Something to entice folks to stay until the end and be productive.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or just unsub, eventually BW will get the message

You don't even have to be this extreme. Ironically the solution to warzone quitters is to...... QUIT YOURSELF

If we all quit the match every time someone else quits or you are backfilled, Bioware would have to change something (it would just take 4 months...)

I completely agree with this. There was a desertion debuff in PvP on GW1 and it definitely stopped a lot of people quitting (it did for me atleast).

15 minutes is a bit low though, I'd say 30 minutes. It sometimes takes 15 minutes for a warzone to pop on ToFN anyway, and it's a PvP server.

That's the thing, you don't have to. Though, if you leave you should get punished for it.

Since you're only thinking about yourself, why should other people have to go through a warzone with half a team, or in some rare circumstances get kicked out because not enough players?

Just to remind you that in GW1 matches were way shorter than in SWTOR (except jade quary and the other one). Also in GW1 you always queued solo (except codex arena (but still average length of a match was less than 5 mins)). In GW1 all players had access to the same gear so you could be competitive (gear wise) even if you are relatively new. So it is a very bad comparison to start with.

As for me. I don't support quiter debuff because i dont want playing a match where i know i will lose before it even starts. Yesterday i was in a game with 3 ppl that had 14k hp and 0 expertise. So yeah i quit immediately.

Since you're only thinking about yourself, why should other people have to go through a warzone with half a team, or in some rare circumstances get kicked out because not enough players?

So, Bioware, the no good for nothing useless folks as they are, can`t ensure a more or less "50% average win/lose ratio via matchmaking algorithm", so I have to get penalized because some scrubs cannot leave a losing warzone too?

You are living in Lala Land, sorry. You can choose to leave as well - reasons for not doing it are your own, but you CAN do it.

I have a min-maxed EWH/WH op healer and there are certain things I won`t do for some 14k players. And i`d rather leave than start calling people names or resort to troll-ish behaviour, such as camping a node cloaked.

Edited by Styxx

For everyone for a quitter debuff, explain to me how exactly this will stop

- people just going to sit on def rather than bothering to play

- people basically AFKing

- improve WZ in any way at all.

If there is a quitter debuff and I get stuck in a group of undergeared bads who refuse to listen, not participating. I will sit on the node and read a book. Until and unless you can make a coherent argument as to WHY forcing people who clearly don't want to be in a crap WZ to stay there is supposed to improve things, no to debuff.

No to debuffs.

I've actually been leaving a few myself the past couple weeks. If you don't care enough to equip yourself with the free recruit gear or anything more than level 27 relics and green implants, I just don't have the patience I once did to sit through a certain loss. When there are 2 or more of you in a WZ, it's simply not worth the effort.

I'm tired of joining WZs in progress where the enemy is winning by a landslide and half our team left, or people leaving at the start because they don't like their teammates' gear or didn't steamroll the enemy right off the bat. I don't understand why there are absolutely zero consequences for leaving a WZ, people can just repeatedly leave and requeue until they find a WZ where they can get carried. It promotes a terrible attitude and it needs to stop.

Please add a 15 minute quitter debuff so this nonsense can end.

Signed,

A raging player

they add that and the ones that quit are just gonna afk grind...i only quit when i clear that ppl have no clue on what they are doing or cant read the chat or cant see the biggest icons in mmp history

So I'm in recruit gear and trying to heal. The opponent is wearing Elite War Hero. I get one heal off..then I get raped. Sorry dude I'm leaving, I will try to find a easier match. Until bioware institute a tier base PVP system...I will continue to do that. If they implement a quitter debuff...I will kiss pvp goodbye. Then the elite players can play with themselves.

"Don't hate the player...hate the game"

I second that statement! Tier system will solve most quitters but its a game you are going to have quitters. Being in recruit gear sucks, you cannot do anything against fully geared WH

Basically the sentiment that's been running through this thread has been:

"If I'm not guaranteed a win without any effort then I'm not wasting my time"

Great attitude, you are all fantastic human beings.

Maybe that was your preconceived thought on what the replies would look like. Not sure why since the other 500 threads on this subject pretty much say the same things. While you're addressing PVP issues why not include:

- Bozos ignoring objectives all match so they can brag about top damage at the end.

- The FOTM herd ensuring your team will be 50% or more of ____________ .

- AFKers enjoying Youtube while everyone else does the work.

we quit when the other seven of you run seven different ways while their premade 3 caps. then you continue to run seven different ways while i try to recap a node. they move as one to reinforce while you seven are still all over the map, the stealthy is dancing in the corner and the sorc healer is spamming consumption on himself so he can be top healer.

this is when i quit. i don't need a debuff. i need the other seven to stop sucking

^ Headshot!

Why should I work to win a wz, when 5 or 6 people give up and collect defender points after the initial assault? I play to win, and as long as the team is at least trying, I'll stay and fight with them, regardless of how bad they may do. When I realize that I'm in a lazyzone with a bunch of scrubs that didn't insta win, so they're sitting around collecting defender points while they "Words With Friends" waiting for the match to end, I'm not wasting my time.

i can see a quitter debuff doing three things:

1. players that dont want to stay will either go afk, sit by a node, etc. The ops/global chat will be filled even more with how great they are and everyone else sucks, etc.

2. players won't even bother queueing up.

3. players will still quit. many folks have alts that they'll just log on or whatever.

But hears the advantage of quitting now. If you run into a roflstomp premade or a frustrating bubble-stunning team, you can quit and requeue. Since they are still in the match, you will get into a new wz rotation where odds are you wont time up with those particular folks again. So you can avoid running into the same premade over and over and over.

Rather than a debuff, they need to add incentives to stay in the match. Some type of reward if your there at the end of a match, either its tokens for vanity items, or repuation, more money, more commendations, whatever. Something to entice folks to stay until the end and be productive.

This.

This post should have ended the thread/discussion. The ideas in the final paragraph are the best I have seen as a solution to the entire 'quitter' issue. If you stay in the match, get a guaranteed (random number) say, 25 (or whatever) extra WZ coms, plus a system of titles that reflect endurance, tactical acumen, dedication, severe masochism, whatever (basically, that you aren't a quitter).

Something like this might even get me to remain and play in Civil War. As it is, if I see the CW graphic as I load into the warzone, I drop immediately, rather than suffer one of the most excruciating experiences SWTOR has to offer (this lets the 'backfiller' start, in theory, before the game even commences). I would sooner play a hundred consecutive games of Huttball (which doesn't thrill me, but I can tolerate it) than even one more game of Civil War.

I'll support a debuff when I can permanently remove Civil War from my queue list. Not until then.

If you stay in the match, get a guaranteed (random number) say, 25 (or whatever) extra WZ coms, plus a system of titles that reflect endurance, tactical acumen, dedication, severe masochism, whatever (basically, that you aren't a quitter).

Something like this might even get me to remain and play in Civil War.

Question: Say one player loses connection, due to bad ISP or crap client - are you still entitled to the extra WZ comms? And if the answer is yes, why is that? Where is the intentional harm done to the other 7, which WILL get a replacement almost instantly, which WILL stay, seeing that your team is winning?

Second question: how do you decide when extras are to be given, in the following case: you are losing by a slight margin, one 14k player leaves, gets replaced by a 20k EWH, which turns the tables? Why should you get any extras to begin with, for matchmaking doing its work?

Edited by Styxx

Question: Say one player loses connection, due to bad ISP or crap client - are you still entitled to the extra WZ comms? And if the answer is yes, why is that? Where is the intentional harm done to the other 7, which WILL get a replacement almost instantly, which WILL stay, seeing that your team is winning?

One disconnect no.

A consistent amount of disconnects tough luck.

Other players and games are suffering over leavers, something has to give.

Second question: how do you decide when extras are to be given, in the following case: you are losing by a slight margin, one 14k player leaves, gets replaced by a 20k EWH, which turns the tables? Why should you get any extras to begin with, for matchmaking doing its work?

If you replace someone you should get credit who you replaced, it would give those that joined and stayed a incentive to play warzones instead of crying like a little baby and leaving.

As long as the weekly requires wins I'll still leave. I don't have all day to play and getting put on crappy teams isn't exactly fun.

Read my post, you fit the bill why people makes excuses when people quit games.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=191521

Leaving games hurts other people's time geting games, when you leave you screw over someone else.

I guess the bottom line is everyone will keep doing it until Bioware puts a deserter buff in like Warcraft.

Until then we are being dealt odds of people leaving.

One disconnect no.

A consistent amount of disconnects tough luck.

Other players and games are suffering over leavers, something has to give.

NO, it doesn`t HAVE to. And you ARE getting replacements via matchmaking backfills. So, you are NOT fighting in 7 or 6 or 5 for too long.

If you replace someone you should get credit who you replaced, it would give those that joined and stayed a incentive to play warzones instead of crying like a little baby and leaving.

It looks like you "pro-debuff" folks are crying more. But the game is a win, in that case, so you are entitled to precisely nothing, regardless of any extra events.

And you have the actual PvP - pitting you and your skills against other players incentive enough. I have one more.. to win. And I am not a very patient person...

Leaving games hurts other people's time geting games, when you leave you screw over someone else.

Where does it say that I owe anything to the other 7 randoms in the random WZ? Since when do I care about their feelings? I am doing my "job/role" based on the class/spec I am playing, I fully expect them to do theirs. I am not there to teach them - I am there to win. If they are still learning, fine.. but they will do it on their own time, not on mine. I`ll leave and try my luck on the next warzone, where i`ll get less scrubs. See page 2, user Feztonio post.

Edited by Styxx

Just end the WZ when multiple people quit in a row. Don't backfill. One or two people yes, it makes sense to backfill. 3 people gone at the same time? End the WZ, it's obviously not a competitive one. Bioware can't manage to code a different setting for NWZ and RWZ, that's the only reason we have games go on in NWZ now when people quit. It wasn't like that before RWZ was introduced, in 1.4 or whatever it was.

Hire some programmers out of India if the devs from the US can't get it done. Or China. Or anywhere that people know math and are competent.

Since when do I care about their feelings?

We know people dont care about no one else but themselves.

A deserter buff with install a thought in someone minds thinking twice about leaving.

Thats the point, sticking it out instead of leaving over greedy opinions.

Any excuse unless its a 911 is a reason to get a deserter buff.

I don't care what happened, you should get something for leaving people to defend with less people.

Having the power to control a games fate should stop, people pay subs to play games without people leaving games.

I think something needs implemented to show leavers they only can get away with it a few times, after that its going to cost you.

What, you think people will unsub if a buff gets implemented?

That excuse would make me laugh if people threaten to leave this game for being punished for leaving games.

Dead serious.

I`ll leave and try my luck on the next warzone, where i`ll get less scrubs.

I laugh so hard when people use this excuse leaving games, shows what type of player you are.

Edited by Caeliux

We know people dont care about no one else but themselves.

A deserter buff with install a thought in someone minds thinking twice about leaving.

Thats the point, sticking it out instead of leaving over greedy opinions.

Any excuse unless its a 911 is a reason to get a deserter buff.

I don't care what happened, you should get something for leaving people to defend with less people.

Having the power to control a games fate should stop, people play subs to play games without people leaving games.

I think something needs implemented to show leavers they only can get away with it a few times, after that its going to cost you.

What, you think people will unsub if a buff gets implemented?

That excuse would make me laugh if people threaten to leave this game for being punished for leaving games.

Dead serious.

I laugh so hard when people use this excuse leaving games, shows what type of player you are.

MMO PUG PVP is serious business!

Simple solution, separate PUGs from Premades, so that PUGs aren't forced to deal with your fail premade that nobody wants to play with.

Lol huh?

Let me guess, your making excuses and trying to make me look bad so this discussion becomes about me and not the excuses of leaving a warzone.

Cool beans.

You get a replacement. The replacement can choose to stay or leave, but you DO get it. Where`s the problem again?

Having the power to control a games fate should stop, people pay subs to play games without people leaving games.

I am also a subber and I don`t like recruit geared folks not follow orders and bad mouth, or PvE gear folks arguing that their rakata is better than 1400 expertise.

Also, people pay subs for access to the game. That sub gives you no rights towards other players, nor obligations.

Oh, but the "bads/scrubs" dont get any penalty right? In your words, I am FORCED to carry them.

Again, you have two problems:

1. You will STILL lose, because people will camp a node or not participate anyway.

2. You failed to explain how this can apply in "legit" scenarios, where a disconnect is not a voluntary act, but an outside of the game issue - such as ISP issue, or client crash. You cannot even explain why you should get extra comms as a winning side and you lose a player which gets replaced and you still win.

When you will be able to explain 1 and 2, I might support it. Otherwise, no, thank you.

[EDIT]And I reiterate: when you lose a player, you DO get a replacement. From the game`s point of view, you are not fighting gimped for too long. So, where`s the problem?

Edited by Styxx