Maintenance: October 20th, 2015

TaitWatson

Hey everyone!

All servers and SWTOR.com will be unavailable on Tuesday, October 20th as we deploy Game Update 4.0: Knights of the Fallen Empire Early Access!

Date: Tuesday, October 20th, 2015

Time: 2:30AM - 8AM PDT (1030AM - 4PM BST)

Version: 4.0.0

Patch Notes are available here.

Thanks!

-Tait

Edited by TaitWatson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tait, I would like to ask in this or in next patch

fix 2 bugged achievements (it doesn't give rich 100% achievements)

1) kill makrin on makeb with fire

2) receive 100 k damage in alderaan Warzone

AND do something with bugged codex... please ))):rak_01:

(maybe simply correct numbers in categories - exclude bugged? 11/19 and 5 bugged => 11/14 )

Edited by EnVAnjS

Hey everyone!

All servers and SWTOR.com will be unavailable on Tuesday, October 20th as we deploy Game Update 4.0: Knights of the Fallen Empire Early Access!

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, October 19th.

Thanks!

-Tait

Nice, hope its not gonna be extended.

Tait, I would like to ask in this or in next patch

fix 2 bugged achievements (it doesn't give rich 100% achievements)

1) kill makrin on makeb with fire

2) receive 100 k damage in alderaan Warzone

AND do something with bugged codex... please ))):rak_01:

(maybe simply correct numbers in categories - exclude bugged? 11/19 and 5 bugged => 11/14 )

i have 2 bugged achievements on oricion and black hole dailys while we're at it, and ive been begging at CS for almost 2 years....

i have 2 bugged achievements on oricion and black hole dailys while we're at it, and ive been begging at CS for almost 2 years....

can you post names of this achievements?

I know Rommelesp from your guild

have 1st place in ach collection 50020 points

http://i.imgur.com/O8Ws0y1.jpg

but he not have problem with oricon and black hole

if there is no way to receive them

how he received them?

Hey everyone!

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, October 19th.

Thanks!

-Tait

All good things must come to an end.

ZEIT: 1130Uhr MESZ bis 1700Uhr MESZ

Very fair... :rolleyes:

So many people can start only on the next day. No Chance to give us the chance to download the patch before the downtime comes?

And will we get a better version than on the last patches? I have nothing against a few bugs but i hoped that we can reading und hearing all dialogs in the game because on the last patches texte have been missing and dialogs cant heard for 3 days. That is not acceptable.

So we can play first three days later. Although the advertising says that the early start will beginn on 20 october not on the 23 october.

Once in a while I think people who are not living in the USA are not care for Bioware.

Edited by Jordes

Very fair... :rolleyes:

So many people can start only on the next day. No Chance to give us the chance to download the patch before the downtime comes?

And will we get a better version than on the last patches? I have nothing against a few bugs but i hoped that we can reading und hearing all dialogs in the game because on the last patches texte have been missing and dialogs cant heard for 3 days. That is not acceptable.

So we can play first three days later. Although the advertising says that the early start will beginn on 20 october not on the 23 october.

Once in a while I think people who are not living in the USA are not care for Bioware.

17:00 is a perfectly reasonable time for a regular work/school day. And download servers are usually up sooner than game servers, so you can do a bit of preload.

As to if German and French mutations will be fine, that is something nobody can answer. English versions were always fine.

Nice, hope its not gonna be extended.

I would expect something this big, to have its service/ Implementation extended, and also have some server crashes. If everything goes as planned, then that would be an amazing feat.

usually with most MMO's with something this big, that usually have to take the servers back down to.

If it's really 15-18gb like it's rumored to be, then the devs need to release the whole thing or some of it a day or 2 before early access, so those of us without massive speeds won't have to cut into our early access time waiting for the download to finish.

If it's really 15-18gb like it's rumored to be, then the devs need to release the whole thing or some of it a day or 2 before early access, so those of us without massive speeds won't have to cut into our early access time waiting for the download to finish.

And where did you hear this rumor?

But... wouldn't that require them to release -- GASP -- an actual downloadable patch, instead of forcing people to dork about with a silly downloader/launcher?

Early Access starts on october 20th. Maintenance with half the game size of files to download for 4.0 is scheduled during EU daylight prime time, which means europeans subscribers lose half a day (Or more) because you can't be bothered with doing different maintenances for different regions or at least, like it is for everything else released these days, let players do a preload of all the files 1 or 2 days before in order to start playing as soon as the early access starts.

Rockstar gave players (Who preordered it on Steam) the possibility to download the GTA V files 1 week earlier than the release date for a preload. Same thing happened with Konami and MGS5 (Again, only for those who preordered the digital version of the game on Steam). Same thing will happen with Bethesda and Fallout 4 in a couple of weeks. A lot of other examples could be made.

This is an mmo, we know it's not possible to have most of the files to sit idle in the game folder as they overwrite older ones and people would not be able to play at all, but to schedule this maintenance on monday 19th would have been possible without problems. Same timestamp as today if you can't be bothered by europeans players requests, but at least people with slower connections or limited data plans could find a way to download everything and not lose time. They spent money to secure a spot in early access because maybe they wanted to take part in it even if it's going to be broken, some will waste 1 or 2 days or early access just downloading the files.

Hell, not everyone here in EU has those fancy 100mb/s connections you have in US where you can download 1gb of files in few minutes. Here a lot of people are lucky enough to reach 800kb/s in d/speed and, what's even worse, that stupid BitRaider caps the download speed at 512kb/s.

Hell, not everyone here in EU has those fancy 100mb/s connections you have in US where you can download 1gb of files in few minutes. Here a lot of people are lucky enough to reach 800kb/s in d/speed and, what's even worse, that stupid BitRaider caps the download speed at 512kb/s.

Exactly... I bet I will be downloading the patch for let's say..two days? It's a really long time and losing two days of playtime is quite not fine for me.