This game feels abandoned

HexDecimalUK

EAware copied SOE's Clone Wars mmo, you know that right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frXLv7wUDMw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-vfu_wsdkk

Forgot about that game: ok, SWTOR doesn't win by default - pre-GSF SWTOR was in a dead heat with Clone Wars Adventures and post-GSF SWTOR has more Space content than any other SW games in a long while.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we see a full-on revival of both the Space Flight Sim Genre and SW's participation in it (and with games like Star Citizen generating so much buzz we may actually see more such games than we have since the days of Freespace II).

I just don't think the last decade supports the idea that EA/BW was phoning things in by "only" including a Star Fox minigame for their space content - that's more than most SW games had done.

Edited by DarthDymond

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please. GSF is on a rail, the rail is just disguised as a bubble now. You have the "freedom" to attack the points in the center of the bubble and the other people attempting to attack the points in the circle. That's it.

And it's still the craptastic "hanging christmas ornament puppet" spaceship you're "flying".

Just so I understand you right... you see a 3D-environment in which I can steer a starship in the direction that I want without limitations, as long as I stay within the 3D-area at all... as "on rails" ?

So anything beyond an infinite universe is a rail shooter now??

I think they should have certain events always be active, to add more life to the game. Bounty Hunting for example, and also create new events that people can take up on doing instead of always just questing as usual. Just add overall more LIFE to it, well, on top of polishing up what we already have of course.

There is so much that could be done I think. If they wanted it.

EAware copied SOE's Clone Wars mmo, you know that right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frXLv7wUDMw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-vfu_wsdkk

Nah, they copied Star Conflict, which has been out for around a year already. Just compare the gameplay.

Star Conflict:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg41o0TkBCg

GSF:

Edited by Blackholeskipper

Other things I feel they could do is add some mroe life to the pretty static animations. If you're sitting still on a flying speeder for example, let it sway and move slightly and not just have it be 100% still in the air. That'd also add some life. (Just one tiny example of what else could be done)

Please. GSF is on a rail, the rail is just disguised as a bubble now. You have the "freedom" to attack the points in the center of the bubble and the other people attempting to attack the points in the circle. That's it.

And it's still the craptastic "hanging christmas ornament puppet" spaceship you're "flying".

Learn what on rails means please. Only then will anyone take you seriously here.

:2 hours of valor and bolster in outlaws den (Bolster and Valour NOT ENOUGH, we would need decent Merc comms to make this work)

:raid bosses attacking kaas city or even the FLEET YES! THIS! I WANT IT!

:NPC invasions of random friendly zones THIS TOO!

: tickets to load into ranked arenas as a spectator in spectator boxes (grey out quick bars) Let the games commence!

EDIT: TLDR: Yes i mean this game needs more live dynamic events to bring the galaxy to life, including making use of the slowly added content.

Added my thoughts in red.

No game is going to sufficiently accommodate everyone "feelings". The game feels abandoned. The worlds feel lifeless. This feels this way. That feels that way. Blah, blah, blah. Newsflash....your subjective "feeling" isn't necessarily the subjective "feeling" of other people.

No game is going to sufficiently accommodate everyone "feelings". The game feels abandoned. The worlds feel lifeless. This feels this way. That feels that way. Blah, blah, blah. Newsflash....your subjective "feeling" isn't necessarily the subjective "feeling" of other people.

Or it is... dun dun dun ;D

I think GSF wins "Best Star Wars Space Game of the last 8 years" by default.

There was a star wars flight simulator that took place in the first movie. I believe it was also called starfighter or something near that

Edited by Arandem

It's annoying how most of the posts attack the OPs opinion like it's forced on them or they just pick it apart.

This game feels lifeless to me. It's sad that one of the biggest things to come, GSF, has nothing to do with the ground game And it's even having a negative effect on the ground game as well by sucking players into space.

I'm running out of alts to level and I recently got a couple more characters to 55. I'm not even sure what to do with my 55's sometimes. All there is to do is run the same ops, multiple times every week for what?? The only thing I feel like I'm working towards is being able to do hardmode ops which don't interest me at all as a casual gamer. I also can't understand why people put up with them either, spending all night trying to make some progress and not even finishing it.

It's annoying how most of the posts attack the OPs opinion like it's forced on them or they just pick it apart.

This game feels lifeless to me. It's sad that one of the biggest things to come, GSF, has nothing to do with the ground game And it's even having a negative effect on the ground game as well by sucking players into space.

I'm running out of alts to level and I recently got a couple more characters to 55. I'm not even sure what to do with my 55's sometimes. All there is to do is run the same ops, multiple times every week for what?? The only thing I feel like I'm working towards is being able to do hardmode ops which don't interest me at all as a casual gamer. I also can't understand why people put up with them either, spending all night trying to make some progress and not even finishing it.

During the Rakhgoul event weak guards would attack infected players leaving their ship.

We need more stuff like this.

Events that involve us being attack on our ship - events that will raise the stakes (you die you restart the event over from day one, you die and you get a week long debuff - "the pathetic" which mocks you).

Random voices in your heads...:D

There was a star wars flight simulator that took place in the first movie. I believe it was also cards straighter or something near that

There definitely were a good number of SWs Flight Sims in the late '90s (the grand old days of TIE Fighter and Rebel Assault) and early 2000s, but very few in the past decade - Star Wars: Starfighter came out almost 13 years ago (early 2001). I believe the last straight-forward Flight Sim we had was Rogue Squadron III, which came out just over 10 years ago (definitely one of my personal Top 3 favorite Gamecube games).

Since those days though, all we've had is some space gameplay in Battlefront II, the Galaxies expansion Jump to Lightspeed, and, as Zorvan rightly pointed out, the on-rails shooter mode in Clone Wars Adventures.

Will more space content make SWTOR a better game? I think so, and I hope they build upon GSF in the months and years to come. My original point is that I don't feel you can say EA/BW was phoning it in by "only" including the Star Fox mode we had at launch - that was still a lot more than we'd gotten from the vast majority of SW games recently.

By coming right out the gate and saying the game feels "abandoned" the op should expect to be attacked. Abandoned would mean no new content coming out and the game just on maintenance. This is not the case. You may not like the new content, you may feel it is recycled and derivative (99% of what all mmo's put out is), but this does not mean it is abandoned.

I would love to see some live events put into the game occasionally. As I mentioned in another thread, players have arranged PVP Ops groups on PVE severs on set locations and times to battle it out and gain accomplishments. More of this with some dev input to make them special would be a blast.

Unless you are looking to bring the haters and apologists out in droves to fill your thread, you should beware of using inflammatory statements like that (even if that is just the way you feel and know it is not 100% true).

And it has done for a long loong time since before free2play and while i am looking forwards to new games in 2014 (ESO/Wildstar/Titanfall/etc) i would certainly rather stay on SW:TOR but not if it remains as it is, IMO it needs the event to be happening faaar more frequently, and i don't just mean the gree, the bounty hunter thing, double XP days that might or might not be happening every often enough to not care about any of them, but there isn't even any daily events to hightail it round the galaxy to. When im playing other MMOs or even multiplayer MODs "that shall not be named" its like every 2 hours something happens for me to plan my evening for as well as big weekend things. i come to this and its just que for warzones, grind daily's, im a PVPer mostly so that's kind of it for me and even then my daily's are souly for the sake of stims. I mean there could be so much more going on in the game if someone just organized it.

:2 hours of valor and bolster in outlaws den

:raid bosses attacking kaas city or even the FLEET

:NPC invasions of random friendly zones

:double XP drop in/drop out Open space combat

:Mining events like 2 hours of awesome drops in specific places like again kaas city and so on

:2 hours of faster crafting

:Po'Companion'mon load into arenas with ur companion and u can only control their quick-bars

:Pet-Hunts (and realy they need to be respawning when their available who the hell re-clicks them after every Ops just sayin)

:2 hours of PVE coms drop-chance in certain places

:gambling on naar shaddar (i also seem to remember a droid race back in the day)

: tickets to load into ranked arenas as a spectator in spectator boxes (grey out quick bars)

:add a form of bolster and access to coruscation for imps and DK for pubs lowbies can insta-gib their enemy's for 2 hours but also have 55 enemy players spawning in random areas, will you defend your own young-lings or invade?

: hunt down Revan (he is hiding somewhere in the galaxy as a world boss, find him and call for re reinforcements, defeat him for rewards) once u target him he throws up a shield that requires a 30 man group to beat lowby worlds could bolster any player in the fight perhapse?

there is soo much potential for spontaneity in the galaxy that just is not happening and Im sure bioware could invent hundreds of these things and just being around for these things would give allot of players who like myself are becoming bored with the same routine day in day out, the game feels almost totally written off with a few token events once in a blue moon instead of a regular bases maybe just because the devs have nothing better to do or EA just dont think its worth paying them to organise these things and if they don't care why should we? even the facebook page has more events than this game does how sad is that? why cant the gree land for 2 days of the week every 2 weeks ilum is totally dead for the second week of the last 2, same with the bounty thing, same with double XP weekends i mean in all seriousness bioware do you want people to play this game or not?

EDIT: TLDR: Yes i mean this game needs more live dynamic events to bring the galaxy to life, including making use of the slowly added content.

I agree OP, the game is stale. GS is PvP and it sucks, more dynamic events are needed. I have 47 days left on my sub and I'm going on a hiatus, I left for nearly a year and came back in Feb but there really isn't much more for me to do. Bioware made a huge mistake releasing GS as PvP only imo.

Although one thing is certain, unless they keep on evolving the game, it's bound to wither and die off. Not much has changed in the world of SWTOR, they've added some small things, but they haven't evolved what they've already made. That is something I think they should do, unless of course they feel they created the perfect game already.

The game does feel abandoned, I was trying to talk a friend into coming back. But as he isn't a PvPer GSF did nothing for him and he said that there wasn't anything to do. If the next patch brought something in he would try it out otherwise he would wait for TESO.

With no sandbox element in the game repeating the same content time and time again quickly gets boring and the level of new content is so slow that its hard to point out why someone should come back to repeat dailies or stand on the fleet looking to run ops.

Either the content updates need to increase or there needs to be sandbox elements introduced.

The game does feel abandoned, I was trying to talk a friend into coming back. But as he isn't a PvPer GSF did nothing for him and he said that there wasn't anything to do. If the next patch brought something in he would try it out otherwise he would wait for TESO.

Actually, let him try the GSF, it is NOTHING like regular PvP, and people who are really good in PvP usually suck terribly at it.

I'm just now coming back after a near launch break, and giving them a chance. I'm not a pvper and tried the flying stuff just now and I did not care for it that much.

So ya, If I get bored I will just move on again. If I get to max level and feel like nothing is left to do like some people say. I will drop this game for another what 2ish years? Not sure how long this game has been out.

I gave it time to grow, and gave it time to listen to the feedback. If they failed to make a MMO that stands vs todays market. I will just go to the next big thing and never give this game a shot again.

Actually, let him try the GSF, it is NOTHING like regular PvP, and people who are really good in PvP usually suck terribly at it.

Regular PvP is a lame stunfest, GSF feels every bit like a hardcore PvP game and you cannot play it casually because you will get destroyed by those who play it a lot. I gave both ground PvP ans GSF valid time and just cannot justify my gaming time playing them. I know many will enjoy GSF but I am sick of PvP in general in all games, It's just not fun anymore to me after 6 years of very hardcore PvP. To raid in endgame you have to deal with total Elitist a-holes unless by some miracle you find a good guild ( hell ya I tried) who actually play a lot. The game is good as far as the story goes but falls flat in the PvP aspect. The skys are dominated by elitists (a different kind) who talk **** if you aren't as good as them and don't care if you are trying to learn. Others will have a different experience and yes, if I stick to it and play it a lot I'll get good at it, problem is I don't enjoy it enough to dedicate that kind of time to it.

Farewell SWTOR and MMOs, I'm going back to consoles and selling my machine ( I only bought it for this game).