Obsidian working on a Star Wars RPG set between Episode 3 and 4.

GhostDrone

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the exact opposite. The Original and Prequel Trilogy eras have been explored more than enough. It seems like half the EU is devoted to, "Oh, and by the way, this ALSO happened," stuff surrounding the movies. I like Boba Fett, Mace Windu, and all the rest as much as the next guy, but when they're in everything, they're oversaturated.

There are thousands of years of untouched history - and future - to explore. I've had quite enough of Vader and his gang, cool as they are. It's time for fresh stories.

I could not agree more.... perfect!

Lol yeah, lets hope Lucasarts learnt there lesson - don't rush perfection! :D

So how does this effect Obsidian?

Cause there is nothing perfect about them, KOTOR 2 is a boring game and hope they don't ruin this era by letting Obsidian make another 'game'.

So how does this effect Obsidian?

Cause there is nothing perfect about them, KOTOR 2 is a boring game and hope they don't ruin this era by letting Obsidian make another 'game'.

Lol, KOTOR2 is so amazing that people, fans you may call them, even bothered to work their asses to bring all the unseen content into the Restoration Project.

So you know what, I hope they'll do another SW game just to ruin your day.

Awesome! I really hope this gets off the ground. If KOTOR II is anything to go by, this will be a great game. Then again, I'm also a little disappointed because this means its unlikely we'll be seeing a KOTOR 3 :(

Seems to me that Star Wars is beginning to focus on that pretty unexplored period between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. We've got Star Wars 1313 and the possible Star Wars: Underworld live action series coming up... I wonder what sort of game we'll be seeing here. Are we going to be wielding lightsabers? Blasters? And what will the graphics look like? Something like SWTOR or something more real?

I'm thinking concerning story that you might play one of the few remaining Jedi who survived Order 66 and are fleeing from the Empire (opportunity for light/dark paths here.) But then again, a Jedi's path to rediscovery has kinda been done and done again in KOTOR I and II - so maybe Obsidian will do something different.

Nonetheless, I'm sure it will be great and I look forward to adding another videogame to my Star Wars collection! :D

Are you freaking kidding me? Obsidian made a terrible job of KOTOR2. Sotrylines unfinished, plot hole, not to mentioned the ending made no sense whatsoever. They used the same engine as KOTOR did, made no new skills, used basically the same planets, and still could not finish it.

They had a sith so powerfull he was eating force users, yet the fight against him was trivial, and wth, why didnt he just eat me?

Rubbish, KOTOr@ was rubbish.

Are you freaking kidding me? Obsidian made a terrible job of KOTOR2. Sotrylines unfinished, plot hole, not to mentioned the ending made no sense whatsoever. They used the same engine as KOTOR did, made no new skills, used basically the same planets, and still could not finish it.

They had a sith so powerfull he was eating force users, yet the fight against him was trivial, and wth, why didnt he just eat me?

Rubbish, KOTOr@ was rubbish.

The game was unfinished because Lucasarts made them push the game out way ahead of schedule. They made plenty of new skills (obviously not new to Star Wars, but new to the KOTOR series), made new planets (again, not new to the franchise, but new to the KOTOR series).

Darth Nihilus had been weakened when he fed on the dead world that is Telos. That's why he was easy to beat. Though easy is subjective as he can be difficult depending on the strategy.

I suggest checking out the Restoration mod.

Edit: And Nihilus couldn't 'eat' the Exile because he/she is a wound in The Force, just like Nihilus.

Edited by Aurbere

Lol, KOTOR2 is so amazing that people, fans you may call them, even bothered to work their asses to bring all the unseen content into the Restoration Project.

So you know what, I hope they'll do another SW game just to ruin your day.

It will kill another era.

KOTOR 2 was sooo boring it got KOTOR 3 canned.

Those 'mods' your so proud of won't fix the boring opening or the ending, still lame mystery to open with limited replay value 'It's the driod! He did it!'. Or the boring ending, which pecks too early; the assault on Telos was where we had a big battle, then we fight the final boss and save the galaxy. Which involved the remote doing something, requiring me to kill all the beasts. Then into the academy, which is full of enemies, who just wait for me to attack them, at least the Sttarforge had the ability to overwhelm me. So yeah

It won't ruin my day, I won't care. It will be like TFU 2, I will be disappointed that a good game could have been made instead of this.

It will kill another era.

KOTOR 2 was sooo boring it got KOTOR 3 canned.

Those 'mods' your so proud of won't fix the boring opening or the ending, still lame mystery to open with limited replay value 'It's the driod! He did it!'. Or the boring ending, which pecks too early; the assault on Telos was where we had a big battle, then we fight the final boss and save the galaxy. Which involved the remote doing something, requiring me to kill all the beasts. Then into the academy, which is full of enemies, who just wait for me to attack them, at least the Sttarforge had the ability to overwhelm me. So yeah

It won't ruin my day, I won't care. It will be like TFU 2, I will be disappointed that a good game could have been made instead of this.

lol i actually thought kotor 2 was better than kotor minius expect for the story kotor 1 has a better story hands down

ps. i liked TFU 2 was great game but not worth the money it only sucked because they made it way to damn short

Edited by Zaxem

Personally, I though KOTOR 2 was abysmal - from what I remember the plot make absolutely no sense and was packed with clangers.

Bascially, one of the worst examples of the EU getting way ahead of itself. All the Jedi wiped out - have we not heard that one before?

'Wound in the force'? What?

Darth Nihilus - he eats Jedi. Why? What does he get out of that? He's an evil villain without an evil plan He just exists!

Everyone the exile meets and befriends can become a Jedi - really?

Terrible, terrible game.

The robes were nice though.

Spoiler from EP3, he died

If Darth Maul could survive plummeting down a bottomless shaft with his lower half missing, then Mace Windu has a high chance of still being alive.

Remember, in Star Wars falls from great heights never killed anyone:

Darth Maul

Obi-Wan Kenobi (EP II Kamino, also EP III Order 66)

Luke Skywalker (EP V AND he had his hand chopped off like Windu)

The Emperor and Boba Fett (who both came back in the EU)

Edited by Kharnamatic

If Darth Maul could survive plummeting down a bottomless shaft with his lower half missing, then Mace Windu has a high chance of still being alive.

Remember, in Star Wars falls from great heights never killed anyone:

Darth Maul

Obi-Wan Kenobi (EP II Kamino, also EP III Order 66)

Luke Skywalker (EP V AND he had his hand chopped off like Windu)

The Emperor and Boba Fett (who both came back in the EU)

Obi-Wan survived due to Jango's whip cord and even if he did fall all the way it isn't falling for miles down, in Ep 3 that wasn't really a long fall and he just fell into water.

Yes but Luke wasn't also fried with Force Lighting, that is what killed Windu and infact Luke would have died if he hadn't been sucked in through another portal vent.

The Emperor came back due to Essence Transfer(or rather cause authors couldn't figure out a new enemy), and Boba didn't fall a huge height he fell into a sarlacc pit which he shouldn't have gotten out of due to the biology of the beast but came back due to fans, the same with Maul and the fact that TCW was wanting to have another villain come into the story.

=====

So...ya, the only one you could say that for is Luke and he would have died had he not been sucked into another vent.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

My only concern is what would it even be about? kenobi and yoda are hiding. the jedi council is gone. darth vader is killing all jedi and destroying the jedi teachings. young luke skywalker is farming. not much left!

Underworld happenings? Or perhaps with the early days of the Rebel Alliance?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Obi-Wan survived due to Jango's whip cord and even if he did fall all the way it isn't falling for miles down, in Ep 3 that wasn't really a long fall and he just fell into water.

So...ya, the only one you could say that for is Luke and he would have died had he not been sucked into another vent.

And what about Darth Maul?

"Maul was sent to Naboo, where he fought Jinn and his apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Though he killed the Jedi Master, Maul underestimated Kenobi’s skill and was severed in half at the waist by the Padawan... Flinching in shock and pain, Maul fell backwards into the shaft in silence, his two halves separating ... he reached out with the Force and grabbed an air vent. Maul went down the reactor shaft and landed in water. Maul was then dumped into a container which was taken to Lotho Minor, where he was able to get out.[31] He also escaped Sidious' anger for his failure. Maul was able to use the Force[source?] to acquire a six-legged arachnid-like cybernetic apparatus to replace his lost lower body, and stayed in the caves of the planet. For twelve years, Maul's memories were lost and he was in a state of near-madness, eating only the small animals that came to the cave" -wookiepedia

Maybe the plot of the game will be like KOTOR again. You play along happily with your character, then midway your character regains his memory (which he lost due to the shock of his wounds) and discovers he's actually MACE WINDU.

EDIT: Also Anakin fell in Coruscant in EP II, but landed in a vehicle.

EDIT: Oh and one more, Gandalf

Edited by Kharnamatic

"Maul was sent to Naboo, where he fought Jinn and his apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Though he killed the Jedi Master, Maul underestimated Kenobi’s skill and was severed in half at the waist by the Padawan... Flinching in shock and pain, Maul fell backwards into the shaft in silence, his two halves separating ... he reached out with the Force and grabbed an air vent. Maul went down the reactor shaft and landed in water. Maul was then dumped into a container which was taken to Lotho Minor, where he was able to get out.[31] He also escaped Sidious' anger for his failure. Maul was able to use the Force[source?] to acquire a six-legged arachnid-like cybernetic apparatus to replace his lost lower body, and stayed in the caves of the planet. For twelve years, Maul's memories were lost and he was in a state of near-madness, eating only the small animals that came to the cave" -wookiepedia

Maybe the plot of the game will be like KOTOR again. You play along happily with your character, then midway your character regains his memory (which he lost due to the shock of his wounds) and discovers he's actually MACE WINDU.

Darth Maul sustained himself with his anger. Note how he says in the last episode of the Mando arc "I used your training master." Mace Windu is a Jedi and wouldn't do that. Not to mention that the ROTS novel specifically states that his body was lifeless upon being hurled out of the window by Sidious' Force Lightning.

Anakin used the Force to guide himself to Zam Wessel's vehicle.

Gandalf was pretty much riding the Balrog down into the waters in the deepest dungeons of Moria. Not to mention that he was ALIVE for that ordeal. Mace Windu was dead.

I could see underworld stuff. Early days of the rebels already has been done in the force unleashed, hasen't it?

I mean more of, you taking control of a character within the Rebellion, not be a Jedi or anything just a regular freedom fighter. I mean in TFU you never really are in the Rebellion so to speak, you are just kinda loosely tied to it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

lets be honest there are better time periods they could use.

True but it depends what they are making to be honest. They can pick something totaly diferent with the all whole that we know as background scenario. It can be a clean slate on that view.

Edited by Spartanik

Troll spotted, thank you for your input.

But KOTOR 2 was boring and KOTOR 3 was canceled, in it's stead we got the uber exciting TFU!!!

Do you not see the connection? :confused:

Edit:

Although since they made to KOTOR era as similar to the ep 3-4 era as they could, jedi gone/ exact same robes and ships, maybe it won't completly suck:D

Has this been confirmed in any way shape or form other then rumors?

Edited by Ausstig

But KOTOR 2 was boring and KOTOR 3 was canceled, in it's stead we got the uber exciting TFU!!!

Do you not see the connection? :confused:

Edit:

Although since they made to KOTOR era as similar to the ep 3-4 era as they could, jedi gone/ exact same robes and ships, maybe it won't completly suck:D

Has this been confirmed in any way shape or form other then rumors?

Not sure what rumors you're talking about there.

The Obsidian CEO himself already "confirmed" that they pitched LucasArts on a new Star Wars RPG.

It's confirmed that it's "in the works" as in; they're working on getting the development started once Disney (hopefully) approves.

So let me get this right. Qi gon, gets stabed in the stomach and dies shortly afterwards, but Darth maul, get servered IN HALF and lives........

What a load of sh......