Light sided Sith

MouseNoFour

I have a Marauder, Juggernaut, Sorceress and Assassin. All of which are light sided. Some much more than others.

One of the ironies about playing light sided Sith, is that not only do the NPC's not like you - but the OTHER PLAYERS dont like you either!

It is actually kinda perfect that way. So you feel more at home playing a much hated light side Sith - as the other players disgust at you fits right into the story of playing a Sith who doesnt conform to the usual ways of a Sith.

Playing a dark side Sith, pretty much everyone ignores you and you become just one of the 'sheep'. One in the crowd so to speak.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh boy, i keep telling people that light side sith actually do a better job for the empire, but they are like: nooooooooo you are a traitor for not killing 3000 possible assets for the empire not counting valuable intel on the enemy.

That thinking will ruin the empire one day.

....and light side warrior storyline is much more interesting from my point of view :)

oh boy, i keep telling people that light side sith actually do a better job for the empire, but they are like: nooooooooo you are a traitor for not killing 3000 possible assets for the empire not counting valuable intel on the enemy.

That thinking will ruin the empire one day.

....and light side warrior storyline is much more interesting from my point of view :)

Really? Because I feel like Light Side Sith would like throw the Emperor down a hole.

Really? Because I feel like Light Side Sith would like throw the Emperor down a hole.

depends on how you play it, i'm light side sith and i do everything in my power to serve the empire and the true emperor. (little rp player here lol)

Light sided Sith could simply view the Empire as the only real way to have stability in the galaxy. I imagine that they would view the detachment practiced by the Jedi as counter-productive. How can one profess to guard and value anything, when they cherish nothing?

Light sided Sith would probably use righteous anger and justified hatred to, in their minds, do far more to protect the people of the Empire than the droid-like emotionless nonsense of the Jedi serving the corrupt republic.

There's far more to emotion than just hate and anger. Rather than being driven by ambition for power, a Sith could put his or her life on the line for the sake of brotherly love for his her her fellow citizen of the empire. At that point, seeking power is more just a means to an end and they would view their assuming leadership not as a right or privilege, but as a sacred duty.

I play as a light sided sith. I may throw out the occasional threat here and there and have little patience for people but I always make the decision that would help the empire. My sith isnt about being moral as much as she is about having a level head and thinking things through.

As Light V Bounty Hunter, I never kill people just because I can. I have nothing to prove to myself.

I also view my current employer, The Sith Empire, as rather ineffective entity, based on fear and run by bunch of shortsighted cretins. But, credits are credits, and I won't walk away from good contract just because it is being posted by a person who is likely to be killed by his superior or subordinate in some silly power play.

Pfft. My Sorc. hit Dark V last night, & he still shows kindness, even mercy sometimes.

Ditto with my Agent. Granted, for a while I was getting around 100 DS points per diplomacy mission, obviously gathering mats for my probably evil medicine crafting.

Ditto with my Agent. Granted, for a while I was getting around 100 DS points per diplomacy mission, obviously gathering mats for my probably evil medicine crafting.

Yuupp. Farmed DSP from Diplomacy missions, now just to get that skill to 400. I'm an Inquisitor, should max that out indeed. Spared this prisoner on Belsavis last night after he told me where to find "The Circle". My Sorc is also polite, & thankful when rewarded, usually anyway.

For my light-sided Sith Inquisitor, it has nothing to do with good or evil. Rather, he's more of an honorable warrior type of character (as opposed to the greedy, betraying, power-hungry stereotype). He makes rational, reasonable choices that benefit the Empire or would benefit himself in the future (why kill someone and waste a potential resource when you could recruit them to your side?) To the Sith that challenge him, he has no issue with defeating them in battle, though he would usually prefer to spare them after proving his own strength. As for the Jedi and the Republic, they all die (with a few exceptions) as they are all threats to the Empire.

So yeah, Light V and not a traitor.

Light sided Sith could simply view the Empire as the only real way to have stability in the galaxy. I imagine that they would view the detachment practiced by the Jedi as counter-productive. How can one profess to guard and value anything, when they cherish nothing?

Light sided Sith would probably use righteous anger and justified hatred to, in their minds, do far more to protect the people of the Empire than the droid-like emotionless nonsense of the Jedi serving the corrupt republic.

There's far more to emotion than just hate and anger. Rather than being driven by ambition for power, a Sith could put his or her life on the line for the sake of brotherly love for his her her fellow citizen of the empire. At that point, seeking power is more just a means to an end and they would view their assuming leadership not as a right or privilege, but as a sacred duty.

Actually I've noticed a lot of times when you do the dark side thing, your teacher/mentor/whatever will not be happy. Like for example, if in Black Talon yo choose to kill The General, Grand Moff Kilran will say "It's too bad The General couldn't be taken alive." meaning HE'd have rather you did the light side choice.

Also, and this I won't give details as it's more spolers than a simple level 10 flashpoint... but the Imperial Agent storyline I beleive Light Side is HIGHLY loyal to the Empire, more so than I think a Dark Side would be. Dark side seems to me would do exactly as they are told good little sadist sheep. Whereas the light agent takes initiative, loves the Empire, and wants to make the Empire stronger and realizes to do that you can't go around shooting everyone like a madman (granted, I've not played a dark agent, so I don't knwo that's how they are, but that seems to be the going thing for dark side on Empire... bloodthirsty insane sadists.))

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

i love the light side SW story. if you go dark you just feel like a tool where as the light sided one makes his own choices. but yes, other players hate me when i win the roll. i got spam mail for not killing the captain in black talon

I thought it would be difficult to be a light sided Imperial and vice versa. Wouldn't all your companions despise you? I'd imagine they would disapprove of just about all of your dialog choices.

Actually no. The companions aren't automatically evil just because they hang put with a Sith. They each have their own views on things.

Vette is very LS to begin with. She disapproves of almost (not every) all DS choices.

Quinn drops affection everytime you say something in the lines of "I'm a Sith and I can do whatever I want!", so he's pro-empire, but then again he once lost 40 affection because I decided to kill a bunch of republic soldiers.

LS Jaesa is pretty obvious, so is the DS Jaesa.

Broonmark is the one that seems to be all DS. He doesn't like mercy.