So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

Lord_Karsk

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XdbGIXKYL.jpg

Jedi have been wearing pretty much the same thing for 20 000 years.Know your canon and lore.

Almost all jedi outfits in this game is not canon and will never be, there is a reason why they dont

dress like that in the movies or the new movies they make, because they dont want star wars fans

in the cinema to start laughing and asking people around them, is this a bad joke ?

I really don't get this post because most of the gear in this game is actually pretty lore friendly. In fact there's even plenty of hints to the movie sets within our own.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember 1. They have completely stopped adding voice modulation to helmets. completely. Just deleted my Volatile Shock Trooper Helmet for my old .C.E.

2. It took them 6 months to fix 1 of the 3 items with double hood affliction. At more NPCS are now popping up with it. (Poor Darth Marr on Makeb).

I would kill for more non cloak jedi garments and was dissapointed the Aspiring Knights set was added but the chest was butchered.

Because they're working on optional voice modulation for players to tick. I am sure of it. =] You'll see, hehe.

Relnex stuff is one of the few sets close to Jedi garments.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/33796/1101609-jedi_masters1.jpg

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23700000/Anakin-and-Obi-wan-star-wars-jedi-23752371-1536-1134.jpg and them robeless tunics :'( is something game lacks, despite Jedi in timeline and other media wearing such.

What matters is that Eric quoted a specific picture in his response and that stuff isn't in the game. :<

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Problem is everybody has different idea's about what an "Iconic Jedi Robe" is, and nobody is ever satisfied with what EA produce, they make Jollee Bindo's outfit, and people complain it's not what they want.

EA is stuck in that people have a very specific image in their heads, and even if they produce all the outfits in the OP's photos exactly, then someone will complain it's not what they want.

Personally I like most of the Jedi robes and armours, especially the ones that don't look like the ones in the photos, I love the Honoured Masters Robes, shows how Jedi of this era care about how they look.

To me the Jedi outfits don't have to be iconic or look like the movies, they just need to look different and interesting. The problem is most of the gear at end game for Jedi looks terrible and none of it is unique. You get better looking armor on Tython than you do anywhere else in the game and quite honestly, whoever designed the commendation gear should be fired, it looks hideous. You mean to tell me I'm going to sit here and grind dailies to wear that ugly awful robe or head piece? The hide head slot option should also be usable to hide the hood if you don't want it up and they need to fix the hair clipping issues with chest pieces that have down hoods.

• 1 month later...
Really? Show me where they use stormtrooper armour and mandalorian armour in the style of boba fett in KotOR and KotOR2...

Or did you mean that they wore outfits like these: http://www.freewebs.com/darthmoeller/tsljedirobes1.jpg

Because you CAN wear an outfit like that... you will just have to settle for wearing LIGHT armour instead of HEAVY.

since, you know, they are made out of cloth.

Yes traditional Jedi garments. We had them in KOTOR 1 and 2, as others have posted they are littered in the concept and story images of this game. We as Jedi only want to look our part as other classes do.

Because its kinda silly to request looks from the movies that take place thousands of years later and are only iconic because of that?

Because its already possible to have these outfits in the game but you have to sacrifice your heavy armor (wich makes sense since plain cloth isnt really "heavy armour")?

Because your "sizable" portion is simply anecdotal and not based on anything but a few people whining about it here over and over?

Because the OP said "actually want to look like they do in the real star wars universe" as if this isnt part of the "real" star wars?

Because this is a completely different era where jedi are soldiers, not peacekeeping diplomats and thus wear armour (you know, kinda like they do in the clone wars? But im guessing thats not "iconic")?

Because its already possible to do this in-game? Oh wait, i said that already didnt i?

It's a game so, they had to come up with an easy way to give players defense in a game setting. The easiest was armor cores and ratings. While We force users would have been just as happy with a force protection rating allowing for anything we wear to be based on that idea we don't. It's the same for all of us. So why should we have to gimp ourselves to look the part? No other class has to wear sub-par gear to look like their "movie version". I don't expect full Boba Fett Mando in game or Stormtrooper armor, we should and do have gear that's very similar. Since most of the looks of the Star Wars universe have been fairly close in appearance for thousands of years Jedi having their simple traditional look isn't so absurd a request. Have a nice day...

Relnex' robes.

/thread

... are nothing like the stuff Eric responded to. No matching pants (no hanging cloth beneath the waist makes it look like the vest was tucked into pants), belt on the outside, short sleeves. And there is no "kimono" chest piece either.

/reopenthread

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

... are nothing like the stuff Eric responded to. No matching pants (no hanging cloth beneath the waist makes it look like the vest was tucked into pants), belt on the outside, short sleeves. And there is no "kimono" chest piece either.

/reopenthread

The old "/reopenthread" ploy.

Hey, I see a windmill over there, Don Quixote.

There are enough robes, someone made the point that Obiwan wore a robe was because he lived in a desert, like everyone else on that planet (jawa, sand people, uncle Owen etc). I think Luke worn a short jacket in Return, I'd rather see more of those for guardians and sentinels.

Jedi typically wear boring clothes.

It is the Jedi way. You'll also notice in KOTOR Games previous to this one, that the sith also wear those very same clothes, but in much darker tones.

However, in times of war - the mystics of each group will wear more elaborate outfits and the warrior cast of the order will don armour typical to that of a military trooper. With some altercations.

want to look like they do in the real star wars universe.

Somehow you have the idea this game is not a real star wars universe, how peculiar. I believe you just have your own vision of the universe and this game is nothing like it. This is the problem many people have with this game, it is not like their imagination tells them it should be. Yes, this is fictional universe and anything related to it has been imagined at some point. Also, the Jedi fashion of the period is different then the one you know from movies. Why deny it:rak_02:

Edited by ELRunninW

Somehow you have the idea this game is not a real star wars universe, how peculiar. I believe you just have your own vision of the universe and this game is nothing like it. This is the problem many people have with this game, it is not like their imagination tells them it should be. Yes, this is fictional universe and anything related to it has been imagined at some point. Also, the Jedi fashion of the period is different then the one you know from movies. Why deny it:rak_02:

Because this game is accompanied by plenty of art work and other promotional and tied-in media representing Jedi and Sith wearing traditional stuff in this period... Learn lore pls :[ Jedi fashion was pretty much the same for thousands of years - most of Tythonian npcs are wearing the "boring" stuff (Relnex's robe) but that's pretty nasty as the devs took the easy way of short sleeves and belts around the waists and lack of cloth hanging beneath the waist - probably due to tech issues with Hero or lack of time.

Now, after seeing Ragnos' robe, it's obviously possible that they are able to do stuff we're more familiar with.

Also there is a dev response here, referring to the post containing specific pictures, that they are in plans. So it's here already. Just would like to know what happened to the plans. Devs were saying that we're going to see more archetypal armor for each class, in the cartel market, back in November.

Jedi didn't wear armor all the time and for every action they went into.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue