The Bastion - no starfighter games

jasontheblob

Hi there,

I havent played for about 6 months but recently joined to retry the game. I have been queuing up for a Galatic Starfighter game, but after 3 attempts of just over an hour each I havent managed to join a game.

If the queue based on some kind of gear or are there simply nobody using this feature?

Hi there,

I havent played for about 6 months but recently joined to retry the game. I have been queuing up for a Galatic Starfighter game, but after 3 attempts of just over an hour each I havent managed to join a game.

If the queue based on some kind of gear or are there simply nobody using this feature?

You just need to queue during the right time of day. I just played there yesterday with a few others and there was at least one match playing at a time. I logged on at about 8 EST and was getting pops fine.

I haven't had to wait for more than a few minutes for the huge, huge majority of games there. I do queue with 1-3 others and during Pacific hours, however. Solo queues (anywhere) seem to take way longer. What time(s) are you queued? Edited by TrinityLyre

I haven't had the same experience, longest I have had to wait is about 15-30 mins if there is only 1 game going and I miss the join for that. Solo queue though does seem to take longer on average, let us know toon name and which faction you play and I am sure we could find you some group mates. Edited by DamascusAdontise

Queues CAN die on the Bastion for over half an hour, but if you were in for over on hour, that's very unusual. I've never had to wait that long, and most of my play is on the Bastion.

What times (use PDT) were you queued?

I suggest using the server who list to see if there's any GSF matches going on. Search for "shipyards" or "mesa" or some such. If there's a match going on, it means you're just being unlucky and something will pop (at least when that match is over).

I suggest using the server who list to see if there's any GSF matches going on. Search for "shipyards" or "mesa" or some such. If there's a match going on, it means you're just being unlucky and something will pop (at least when that match is over).

Is there where you've been? The Bastion? :(

Is there where you've been? The Bastion? :(

Nah, that was just a general hint, haven't been on The Bastion. I've just been on vacation for a couple of weeks, then ended up taking a break from GSF to focus on guild issues, and then a break from TOR to focus on RL issues.

Playing a GSF match after taking a few week's break is an interesting experience, let me tell you. Fortunately it's almost like riding a bicycle. Or one that shoots lasers and missiles and slams into Random Girders, at least. :)