Kolto Overload needs an immediate nerf!!!

UGLYMRJ

Every time a PT is near death they pop kolto overload and it's like god mode. They just can't be killed.

The huge burst of healing accompanied by the HOT heals for like 12 seconds? Are you kidding me? How did they even consider putting this in game? On top of PT's damage they've been given a pure god mode every minute and a half or so. Clearly Kolto Overload is the reason that there are so many FOTM PT's... it simply can't be stopped or countered.

GG Bioware.

No... just kidding.

I'm bored at work and thought I'd make fun of the most useless ability in the game.

Can anyone think of an ability more useless than Kolto Overload?

Retaliation?

Unload?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you post here all the time, so I was taking you at your word at first and thinking "I must be doing it wrong." lol

HAHAHAHAHA! That's kinda the reaction I was hoping for. I would like to think I'm somewhat sensible and I have never created a nerf thread so I thought it might get some attention simply for that reason.

Really... just bored.

We actually joke about KO constantly in guild.

For example: "Man... that guy almost had me... good thing I had kolto overload off cooldown" :D

Good to see I'm not the only one thinking that Retaliation is crap.

I don't see it being useful enough to spec into with a jug tank tree and the only other use could be for ataru form procs but it's really easy to get the proc that comes with consecutive hits already.

I haven't had it key bound for quite some time.

The one thing that always bugged me was that why such a weak cooldown was on such a long timer. 3 mins that can be reduced through damage in pyro tree or 2 mins flat in the shield tech tree. It just doesn't make any sense. Especially when compared to say force shroud, which is on a 1 min timer and can be reduced through skill points and is much stronger.

The one thing that always bugged me was that why such a weak cooldown was on such a long timer. 3 mins that can be reduced through damage in pyro tree or 2 mins flat in the shield tech tree. It just doesn't make any sense. Especially when compared to say force shroud, which is on a 1 min timer and can be reduced through skill points and is much stronger.

Even though I see your point... PT's are in a good place right now and don't really need any love. Whether they gave it a 30 second CD or removed it completely... I don't think I'd notice either way.

Troll and sincere in same post? inb4 interwebz implosion :p

Can't remember the last time I used or saw Force Quake in a match.

All the time... especially Novarre and Voidstar to prevent plants or defuses. No CD and AOE is perfect for spamming a door with while the enemy stacks and tries to defuse and for those teams that spam cap in Novarre.

I use Lightning Storm all the time on my sorc. I think Force Quake just goes unnoticed when it's being used because it's much less visible.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

WTH is it that Sages use that shakes all gods creation in the open world.

I swear, I will be out on Illum on my assassin when the ground suddenly starts shaking and I peer around the ruins to see a sage the equicalent to a mile away yet my screen is shaking. If my Assassin had PvP gear, it would be just calling out to me "Come kill me! I'm over here!"

I don't see it being useful enough to spec into with a jug tank tree and the only other use could be for ataru form procs but it's really easy to get the proc that comes with consecutive hits already.

I haven't had it key bound for quite some time.

Seriously? Lost some respect for you right there; it's a fine mara ability but apparently if some people don't know about it I should keep it to myself.

Seriously? Lost some respect for you right there; it's a fine mara ability but apparently if some people don't know about it I should keep it to myself.

I'm doing just fine without it... ;)

One word: Massacre

Edited by UGLYMRJ

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Had me going there. XD

But actually, on my long list of PvP Achievements (that is, things to do in Warzones for the fun and bragging rights like getting top medals while being unspecced), one of them is getting 3 kills in a warzone with the finishing blow being Retaliation/Riposte.

(And I've done it several times. I love running Vengeance and sometimes -- when they have 2% hp left and you're between GCDs and their heal is about to land, it's so funny how shiny that non-GCD-respecting button looks...)

Edited by TrueNovaZero

A couple words gore ravage scream retaliation.

I'm assuming not in that order?

It's interesting to see other peoples perspectives on the same class but I have a hard time seeing the benefit of retaliation > massacre.

Once again I'm derailing my own thread but I just don't see the benefit of the rage dump for a smaller hit. I'd love to get schooled 10 months into the game. Especially if you're telling me I can do even more damage. ;)

Ehn, I have a marauder too and when you have an excess of Rage, it doesn't hurt when you've got the 4 piece vindicator set. It's all a burst Rage/Focus dump (well, the idea is to squeeze as much as possible in those 5 seconds after you land as possible). Does hurt though.

But as far as useless abilities go... Expertise (Shadow's Kinetic Combat Spec). Because 9% extra damage TOTALLY matters when your stance only hits for 312 damage. -.-'