Sensitive People

sirullrich

So last night while questing someone asks me to help with a heroic. I ended up helping him, but one of our group members was already almost complete with the heroic and goes to finish it without us. So we ended up leaving the instance and reentered. All the mobs are back and we were short one person. I told our group to just sprint to the ending part and die there. We will respawn and just finish the quest at that spot. He leaves the group then ignores me. I don't know but was I in the wrong? Is that not allowed or something. I don't get it. LOL

The second one was while we were doing Mandalorian Raiders. Our tank dies in the first fight and I simply asked who is our healer? He then replies this is my q to leave. He then leaves the FP and his guildy said he was healing me and he also leaves. So I asked the tank were you getting healed he said NO. He only healed his guildy. I came to this server because the people were friendly, but now I feel like if I say the wrong words people are just gonna get offended. Was I wrong in asking who the healer was?

Like any server, we have our nice people and our trolls. I think we have more nice people than most, but a lot of them are very entrenched in 50s, and when they roll alts they level them with pvp because it's so fast. There are still a lot of new lowbies around with ftp, and with them, you never know what you're going to get.

This morning, I tried running a GF to get comms for a schematic I need for my own alts. We drew a freshly-dinged 50 tank who admitted to being f2p with cartel unlocks, still in half greens as he couldn't yet afford to upgrade to better gear. We attempted the FP anyway rather than initiating the votekick shenanigans you might see on other servers, but ultimately I couldn't keep him up through the third boss fight in D7 HM and the one geared DPS gave up.

Though the rest of us determined we wouldn't be able to clear it at this point because the tank had no mitigation, I did take a half hour or so to explain to the tank that 1) that little mail to pick up the tionese comms is quite deceptive in what you can do in 2 or 3 pieces of tionese gear, and 2) what used to be the progression before f2p, i.e. dailies/SM 50 FPs, THEN HM FPs, then ops. The poor guy was trying, he held aggro against a 20k dps, but he was just in over his head with the gear he had. I also pointed out the quick, painful, and dirty way of PVP for gear (and yes since he was preferred he wouldn't get recruit gear for free), and he replied he didn't want to do that because he knew it would be bad to be a drag on his team. But since he'd blown his cash on FP passes instead of subbing for a month and therefore needed gear quickly, I told him gotta do what you gotta do.

It's atrocious what BW has done with ftpers--at least explain how PVE gear progressed back in the day to them. :rolleyes:

I know for a fact I'm not the only one on the server who will take the time to help someone who is trying to learn the game. Yes, there are cliques, and yes I've seen pocket healers in warzones, but this is the first I've heard of it for heroics/FPs. I know for a fact that our server community can be absolutely AWESOME.

You didn't say which faction you rolled, and I'm pretty sure your sig identifies your toons from the server whence you came, but feel free to hit up either Matari (Republic) or Andreus (Empire).

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Same dynamic between RP servers and PVP servers with every MMO.

A lot of people on PvP servers are jerks or elitist. People on RP servers are generally nicer overall, but often a lot more insecure as well. Actually, both cases seem like insecurity, just manifesting itself in two different ways - elitism or over-sensitivity.

you can get 5-6 pieces of tionese gear from the 99 comms in the mail, depending on what you spend it on. Heroic FP are hard, they always have been, it is just that people have outgeared most of it and learned the aggro ranges and where they can skip things now. Unfortunately there is no fast for the FTP, it isn't supposed to be fast. It is supposed to take time, so that people can learn, and learning about your class in a FP is not the way to do it.

That is what guilds and general chat is for. Though for the past ten years general chat has degraded to a bunch of nonsense, it used to be a great place to ask questions and get feedback and help (EQ/DAoC/and a few others until about the time of WoW when it really went down hill) But if you are having problems a guild should be there to help out, and if they aren't helping, it is time to find another guild.

As for people being touchy, that goes across the board for any server. The quality of players has changed over the last 17 years I have been playing MMOs, it used to be a much smaller community that was close knit and very helpful, but that was because EVERYONE needed eachother to do anything. There was no soloing quests or grinding mobs, you needed a group, and people used to play a class that has since died off. That is right there used to be FIVE classes, you had Tank, melee dps, ranged dps, healer, AND support. Support's job was there ONLY to help the group out, they couldn't do anything else effectively. The reason for these games is to group, but these days the quality of people has gone down, and a lot of times it is people just wanting to get theirs and forget anyone else.

Bottom line is that these days if someone percives a way to advance themselves before others they take it for the most part. The days of grouping and hoping that everyone will wait for you, or help you are coming to a close as most of the time people group only to get their thing done and then be gone. It is sad, but true. Most people don't have the time or patience anymore to help out or build friendships. When you do find people who are like that though it is very nice, but for most of them they wont go any further because they have been burned too many times with helping somone only to get taken advantage of.

I would love to say that a particular server is better than another for helping, but really you will find people taking advantage everywhere. RP servers have a more mature player base to be sure, which is why you have some people rolling on RP servers to take advantage of it, and you can tell who those people are.