How is Empire on this server?

Mashugana

I play only empire now, but I have a lv. 50 sage. Most players end up having toons on both sides anyways and there is quite a lot of switching back and forth as you find a group that you can mesh with well. In the end you will stay for the friends and guild quality and I think there are good on both sides, specially for endgame PvE content.

For PvP, I agree with the previous post. I'll give you my take since I am a casual player that does dailies and that is it. I do not have war hero gear because I started pvping a few weeks ago literally and I have gotten used to loosing most of the time. The gear and skill disparity is discouraging. Its also hard to enlist guildmembers to pvp because they just got burned by a bad string of losses. I still regularly pvp.. its just a minority of my game time. When I do win though.. I can tell you I worked harder than most and nobody carried me through. There is a sense of accomplishment in that and I keep coming back to pvp precisely for that feeling. Pvp all the time w/ the best against unorganized groups must feel like doing story mode flashpoints all the time in campaign gear: Boring! I wish there was a way to balance the scales because I think the way things stand its not fun for everyone. Yes faceroll newcomers might feel good.. but in the end, its not as fun or challenging as it could be. I am sad to point others towards pub since I only play imperial side, there is a cool bunch over here... just be ready to have challenging pvp all the time...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infidels did it by grouping up a couple of good to exceptional skill players, Try Hards United are now doing a similar thing, hopefully they have similar outcomes in rateds.

LOL funny. I'm from Unicorn Stampede. Try Hards United are good, but they can't compete with the Unicorns or Uncensored. They have some solid PvP'ers, but they still have much to learn when it comes to beating a good group of players.

IMO the imps have always been way too fragmented entombed within their own groups and small clicks. Open world pvp will make this very apparent, like it did on CO, if people don't already see this. An imp guild needs to step up and unite the imp sheep herd!

On my original server (Kaas City) it was the total opposite. Imps completely dominated PVP to the point where literally my evening would be full of Imp on Imp Huttball. (Ugh)

This next part, is the part I guess I just don't understand: I got sick and tired of continually winning.... bored to death of it. I found destroying someone no funner than being destroyed.

I rolled Repside just as we went to Canderous Ordo. I did not play a ton, but I quietly kept PVPing and at this time guilds like LD50, and Watchmen and Bloodline were making an impact.

I thought this was great.... until it went hard the other way... too much the other way. I went back to Imp side; back to Assimilation/Virtus et Honor..... To my disbelief I saw a mass exodus underway.

Then I saw old diehards cashing it in.... Pit Crew disappeared (Machination).... players abandoned ship and sought out Rep guilds or stopped all together.

I could name a lot of names, but the only one I'll mention because he was in Assimilation for a short time, and then I was in a Rep guild with him for a short time is a certain Marauder/Sentinel that ended up on LD50.

I guess I don't understand this mindset. I asked him why he was doing what he was doing.... 'To be the best on the server'. But if you pad yourself with the surroundings of the best PVPers, how do you know? It didn't matter, he did this anyway..... ( a fair number of people think this way - perpetuating the problem - I'm just using him as a prime example)

So again, with this mindset I see PVP doing what I call a reverse Kaas City. Reps will become bored with it (if they are not already). I despise PVP now unless I am with guildies. I have zillions of hours logged on several characters with zero desire to continue. Some of the best, and 'hardest' PVPers in my guild have all but stopped queing.

Try Hards is a nice idea, but it's too small and fractured. They come in our Mumbs once in a while and queue with us. They're good peeps, but I have to wonder where it's going?

Edited by Krozis

PvE side seems to be fine this side, but in PvP there are a few ego's without sense around and there was a prime example yesterday. We had a guy complaining at Krupp's sniper because he killed him a few times. Now there's usually no surprise in dying in PvP but for some reason this guy decided to comment. After a few back and forth comments it goes quiet so you'd think it was finished at this point. Nothing too much out of the ordinary.

Fast forward to the next game and we get matched on the same huttball team, so his friend decides to remove his chest & pants and claim he's going out DPS him (not sure what this would have proved as Krupp has been 50 on his sniper for like 4 days). Anyway, after failing at this he decided to cop out and whine about objective points instead.

Welcome to Imperial PvP. Where stroking ePeen is more important than trying to improving the situation.

A couple of months back there were a few groups of PvP players around Canderous Ordo who could handle most matches. With Sever/Talisman we'd go days without defeats and the ones we did lose were generally to LD50 pre mades but they were usually still good matches.

The exodus of players mentioned earlier seems to have knocked imp PvP back alot. A lot of good guys we had from guilds who went inactive are now on republic chars and I can see many of the returning players following suit.

To be honest there are some decent players kicking around on this side, even the craptalkers can do a job I just wish they'd shut up and get on with it and get people improving rather than twist about rubbish.

Edited by JohraTon

On my original server (Kaas City) it was the total opposite. Imps completely dominated PVP to the point where literally my evening would be full of Imp on Imp Huttball. (Ugh)

The early days after the Kaas city merger on CO were pretty nice with the influx of good PvP players and guilds hitting the queues. I was inactive for like a month over the summer and it seemed everyone had folded or re-rolled when I got back queuing.

Pretty sure I know who you mean and I can see why he thought that way, if you want to see if you stand out in the best team then you need to be where the best team is and he's probably not alone. After that, inactivity causes their friends to re-roll because they have no one to chat to on imp side, then their returning friends re-roll and its a domino effect after that.

At least that's what happened to most of the guys I played with, Vis and Grisha had mates that side so when this side went quiet they moved over. Ukko, Kov and other peeps returned after the summer and pretty much everyone they knew was there so off they went.

Similar has just happened with our old leader Aep I think, he mentioned about rolling a toon there and he's gone quiet on this side :( There are a few exceptions to the rule I'm hoping will stay this side.

I've been doing a lot of 10-49 lately and the f2p Imps definitely seem to have a better handle on things than the f2p Reps. It will be interesting to see what happens when they hit 50 and run into the geared rep premades. there might be some good comedy and really fast games there.

On another subject, I have an Assassin with about half BM and half WH ( maybe not quite half WH) just hanging out in imp side and a 12 operative I just started. If anyone had any real interest in forming an Imp pvp guild, and getting sort of serious, AND dropping the drama that goes with Empire, I'd have some real interest in that.

LOL funny. I'm from Unicorn Stampede. Try Hards United are good, but they can't compete with the Unicorns or Uncensored. They have some solid PvP'ers, but they still have much to learn when it comes to beating a good group of players.

I disagree with you here. THU fields a very competitive team in ranked and I for one know I'm glad to see it, both for ranked and unranked PvP. I look forward to seeing them queue some more, our matches last night were very well fought and challenging. Hopefully more Imperial PvP guilds pull together and make a solid team -- Try Hards is a good example, they're well on their way to becoming one of the best PvP guilds on the server.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

Im an orginal JC server member and was fully modded out WH about 2 months before the merge. I have ALWAYS ran solo as our guild was all about PVE with the exception of one other player. I was able to easily level up to BM, then WH then more WH to gank out mods. PVP even in pubs was fairly even pre-merge. Yes you would go against a pre-made and you were screwed but sometimes you were paired with a Pre-Made and it balanced out. Gearing in my opinion was not a problem. Now fast forward to now and while its harder to win matches to get more comm's in pubs, the system has been dumbed down so you can obtain them at a faster rate, so that balances out. To me if your ego cant take a beating for a couple of weeks while you level up your gear, then you have bigger problems then faction imbalence.

Ive been subbed for about 3 months in a row now, and have rarely logged in. I did start PVP'ing again about a month ago, but literally recognized NO ONE. I didnt find the competetion to be anything too spectacular on either side, after all this is a pretty simple game to PVP in provided you have gear and half a brain and listening skills. What I did notice is many more Pub premades that were geared then Imp's. Often I would log in with my Tankasin and its 20kish HP and would have almost 2-3k hp more then the nearest person, and half the time that person was rocking PVE gear. While I was still able to hold my own, one person cant carry a team in this game thus my W/L ration was roughly 3 to 1. on the losing side. To me the gear gap is an excuse, if enough Imps were to get together and work towards gearing up, learning strats and simply getting better the imbalance would close, but the problem is people have such big ego problems that losing is just too much for them to handle for a while and they basically quit, or re-roll for free facerolls, which is even worse.

The only reason why they can't compete with unicorn stampede is because you guys don't q.

Im an orginal JC server member and was fully modded out WH about 2 months before the merge. I have ALWAYS ran solo as our guild was all about PVE with the exception of one other player. I was able to easily level up to BM, then WH then more WH to gank out mods. PVP even in pubs was fairly even pre-merge. Yes you would go against a pre-made and you were screwed but sometimes you were paired with a Pre-Made and it balanced out. Gearing in my opinion was not a problem. Now fast forward to now and while its harder to win matches to get more comm's in pubs, the system has been dumbed down so you can obtain them at a faster rate, so that balances out. To me if your ego cant take a beating for a couple of weeks while you level up your gear, then you have bigger problems then faction imbalence.

Ive been subbed for about 3 months in a row now, and have rarely logged in. I did start PVP'ing again about a month ago, but literally recognized NO ONE. I didnt find the competetion to be anything too spectacular on either side, after all this is a pretty simple game to PVP in provided you have gear and half a brain and listening skills. What I did notice is many more Pub premades that were geared then Imp's. Often I would log in with my Tankasin and its 20kish HP and would have almost 2-3k hp more then the nearest person, and half the time that person was rocking PVE gear. While I was still able to hold my own, one person cant carry a team in this game thus my W/L ration was roughly 3 to 1. on the losing side. To me the gear gap is an excuse, if enough Imps were to get together and work towards gearing up, learning strats and simply getting better the imbalance would close, but the problem is people have such big ego problems that losing is just too much for them to handle for a while and they basically quit, or re-roll for free facerolls, which is even worse.

As a person who pvps pub side almost for the entire day, I can assure you that the gear gap isn't that wide. While I run with a couple other guildies mostly, and that helps make up for it a bit, I'm almost at the point of screenshotting the ops group any time there isn't at least 2-3 pubs with 14-15k hp. Additionally I don't think the gear difference matters too awful much (though it is a disadvantage), since I used to run in a premade of full recruit geared friends and win almost every match. The biggest issue from undergeared, and even well geared, players is a distinct lack of critical thinking ability. No one seems to understand to not follow the stealther, or not to go to the side where 3 pubs are fighting 6 imps. And i assume the issue is the same imp side.

Morale of the story: Augment BM gear, group/make friends, use voice communication, and think before acting

Speaking from a CO perspective, the initial server transfers vastly diluted the pool of talent for Imperial PvPers. I was solo queued the majority of my way to valor rank 95 back in July and relied on general competence to see me through to winning. The remainder of the people I was playing with disappeared overnight it seemed like and I was left with nobody to queue with even if I wanted it. I was on a particularly bad streak for a number of days when I loaded into a Civil War. After the initial back and forth at the start of the match, a sniper named Sarapalin (server xfer) set up shop on snow and got the rest of the imperial team to quit. The score is 580 to 570 and we control one node and he's got everyone to quit. I spent the rest of that Civil War being 6v1'd at whatever point I attempted to ninja, all the while Sarapalin is spewing **** talk about how bad Imp side is. Considering he was the trash that was dragging the quota down it pissed me off. After that I realized the only thing I had to look forward to on Imp side was more of this. Nobody wanted me over here, the vast majority of my friends were gone, I knew more people pub side and I'd been told to reroll to LD50 since February, wasn't much of a hard choice. I got **** for a while, being called a traitor and so forth, but there wasn't anything for me to be a traitor to.

Anybody seen Sarapalin around anymore? I used to farm him if I saw him in WZs. Wait for him from the spawn and just gank over and over again until he left. His legacy name is Ragemaster if anyone's seen him, apparently he changed his Sniper's name.

I probably shouldn't answer this, but he rage Gquite all his toons one night (I won't go into details) and he never spoke to any of us again.

For the record I PVP'd with him once in guild, and told him I would not do so again.

Still back on point, you are one of the examples of why the problem won't turn anytime soon. Maybe you aren't the sociable type to start a guild, or perhaps approach a PVP guild, but it appears no one wants to be -that guy-. And here we are....

Last Friday was my last attempt at rateds. We did not have 2 of our better guys, but still we tried for fun. Was everyone geared? No. Was everyone sober? Heck no. I am on my powertech... mostly hating it, but here we go... we had 2 people I'd never done a rated with before with any toon.... We faced LD50 back to back and packed it in.

It was against my better judgement to encourage those that were willing to re-queue. I personally try to keep things positive but then I thought.... I better just let it dissolve and let people do their own thing.

Next time we do ranked? Who knows. We might have a new guy... maybe 2-3 half geared peeps? It gets frustrating, but still I try to stay positive.

I probably shouldn't answer this, but he rage Gquite all his toons one night (I won't go into details) and he never spoke to any of us again.

For the record I PVP'd with him once in guild, and told him I would not do so again.

Still back on point, you are one of the examples of why the problem won't turn anytime soon. Maybe you aren't the sociable type to start a guild, or perhaps approach a PVP guild, but it appears no one wants to be -that guy-. And here we are....

Last Friday was my last attempt at rateds. We did not have 2 of our better guys, but still we tried for fun. Was everyone geared? No. Was everyone sober? Heck no. I am on my powertech... mostly hating it, but here we go... we had 2 people I'd never done a rated with before with any toon.... We faced LD50 back to back and packed it in.

It was against my better judgement to encourage those that were willing to re-queue. I personally try to keep things positive but then I thought.... I better just let it dissolve and let people do their own thing.

Next time we do ranked? Who knows. We might have a new guy... maybe 2-3 half geared peeps? It gets frustrating, but still I try to stay positive.

Right on man!

Speaking from a CO perspective, the initial server transfers vastly diluted the pool of talent for Imperial PvPers. I was solo queued the majority of my way to valor rank 95 back in July and relied on general competence to see me through to winning. The remainder of the people I was playing with disappeared overnight it seemed like and I was left with nobody to queue with even if I wanted it. I was on a particularly bad streak for a number of days when I loaded into a Civil War. After the initial back and forth at the start of the match, a sniper named Sarapalin (server xfer) set up shop on snow and got the rest of the imperial team to quit. The score is 580 to 570 and we control one node and he's got everyone to quit. I spent the rest of that Civil War being 6v1'd at whatever point I attempted to ninja, all the while Sarapalin is spewing **** talk about how bad Imp side is. Considering he was the trash that was dragging the quota down it pissed me off. After that I realized the only thing I had to look forward to on Imp side was more of this. Nobody wanted me over here, the vast majority of my friends were gone, I knew more people pub side and I'd been told to reroll to LD50 since February, wasn't much of a hard choice. I got **** for a while, being called a traitor and so forth, but there wasn't anything for me to be a traitor to.

Anybody seen Sarapalin around anymore? I used to farm him if I saw him in WZs. Wait for him from the spawn and just gank over and over again until he left. His legacy name is Ragemaster if anyone's seen him, apparently he changed his Sniper's name.

Yeah Sarahpalin is now Pavlichenko, i didnt pvp with him much as Flak's experience was pretty much the same as mine with him ive heard he is still around.

IDK the make up of Unsensored but I would imagine if you took them, THU and a few guys from US it would create a pretty large populated solid Imp pvp guild if they ever made some sort of a merge, would never happen :p but would be cool if it did, and gave Imps one guild to look to for PvP.

IDK the make up of Unsensored but I would imagine if you took them, THU and a few guys from US it would create a pretty large populated solid Imp pvp guild if they ever made some sort of a merge, would never happen :p but would be cool if it did, and gave Imps one guild to look to for PvP.

I don't think thats what people on Imp side want though. I don't speak for the entire Uncensored guild, but in my opinion, the more pvp guilds there are, the better. We sit in the ranked queue on several nights without anyone to play. If all the best PVPers are in 1 guild, who's going to be the competition? I, for one, like the idea of several smaller guilds. I do wish THU and US would queue up more often though.

I solo Q alot so I usually go into a match expecting to lose, but playing to win.

I fired up the powertech last night with the same idea in mind. Got annihilated by the same ol' premades. I begged with my team to focus something... anything, a healer, a DPS, a light stand, anything.

Lost a fistfull, watched a guildie leave a match (which is always impressive!), I think I'm just about finished for a while.

Hopefully the pubs ive been playing in lowbie flood the 50 bracket :p, i think me and reaver went 9/10 last night most games were not even close, i think it will tighten up a bit when 1.6 hits there will be less 15khp casuals running around, who knows.. :p Edited by dego-harmonium

Thats part of the problem, I dont even need to gear up as of right now and I still have no desire to log in and PVP. The potential aggravation from incompetent Imp's far outweighs losing in general to well organized teams.

A few weeks ago when I started out again in a pub we were playing Civil war, and I did what I do every single match, stealth to the side that is distance wise farthest from the Imp spawn. I asked for 1 person to join me and set out towards the node. After 1v2'ing 2 people by myself, I was finally over ran when the first person I killed came back after respawning and finished me off. If Meanwhile we had east and everyone was literally fighting a stalemate in the middle. If I had ONE guy to help with that node like I asked that match woudl have been entirely different. I was able to ninja it later but got no help and immediately lost it. Once the 3rd wave of attackers swarmed the middle and lost the rest just went east and comm camped the only point we had. Now ive seen that pre and post merge but it still doesnt change the fact that its beyond frustrating when no one pays attention to the chat and further fails to use any common sense.

Add to that the frustration of being put on a Imp team that has a premade group part of it as well, you often find that they only worry about what they are saying to each other in vent or TS and also pay no attention to the chat boxes, ive been paired with good Imp premades against good Pub premades and we lost because you couldnt get the premade to help you in certain spots because of that very reason so it goes both ways. That actually happened several times pre-merge but im sure it still happens now as well, I just havent PVP'ed enough to see it.

Edited by RefugeASSASSIN

I solo Q alot so I usually go into a match expecting to lose, but playing to win.

So I'm not the only one!:eek:

Believe it or not, only played 2 matches on my main last night; won both. Didn't face any premades, though. As far as guild consolidation, I don't think VM would be keen on that (I know we weren't mentioned; just throwing it out there). However, until we get our ranked team up and running, I'd be willing to run with anyone who wants a bubble-stunnin' DPS sorc.