What do the sith want in the end?

adormitul

I wonder what do they want what is their end goal to have galactic peace or what?

Well, we get a subtle

as to what that might be from Emperor Palpatine.

On a more serious note, Sith follow the Sith Code which in most interpretations means... well, unlimited power. :rolleyes:Which is then used to rule everyone else. Technically the Sith code preaches unlimited freedom through absolute power. But most of the time that's shortened to "rule the galaxy".;)

Edited by CrutchCricket

Well, we get a subtle
as to what that might be from Emperor Palpatine.

On a more serious note, Sith follow the Sith Code which in most interpretations means... well, unlimited power. :rolleyes:Which is then used to rule everyone else. Technically the Sith code preaches unlimited freedom through absolute power. But most of the time that's shortened to "rule the galaxy".;)

Is that not kinda boring sith seem to like well action, plots and intrigue. Ruling the galaxy makes things boring.

Is that not kinda boring sith seem to like well action, plots and intrigue. Ruling the galaxy makes things boring.

You've obviously never ruled a galaxy;)

It'd be anything but boring. You'd still have plots and intrigue, killing rebel scum, training the apprentice(s) that will one day betray you. A Sith's work is never done.

The Sith Code is about freedom - FOR ME! As long as there's someone, anyone, who disputes your right to do whatever you want as a Sith you can't settle down. ;)

So you can never settle down as a sith. No wonder there more jedi then sith you live with frustration all your life.

While they "hide" behind the concept of freedom (which is true, but not the core of their belief), the Sith ultimately are selfish--they want whatever they desire. Marr mentions after Makeb that he doesn't want to be emperor, somebody else can have that role. He got what he wants, which is... a jihad, I guess. He's a warlord. Every Sith following Bane was essentially brainwashed to want the same thing, to have the Sith *Order* rule the galaxy, and so unify their efforts throughout the generations. But the Sith take whatever they want. Generally, this means more and more power, since power is magnetic to the corruptible, so that they can have more power. But you'll see many who are content in small roles, because that's what they wanted. To sit in a tomb, answering the same questions over and over again...

Marr is the exception since he's out lived most sith. He's not involved in the power plays, he's always put the needs of the empire before his own. That's why he is still around, he's being smart about it. By the end of rishi he's been on the council for over 40 or 50 years. Also his story indicates he's popular figure among the empire.

If every sith was like Marr, concerned with the empire vs themselves, they probably would have ruled the galaxy s long time ago

Edited by Nightblazer

You've obviously never ruled a galaxy;)

It'd be anything but boring. You'd still have plots and intrigue, killing rebel scum, training the apprentice(s) that will one day betray you. A Sith's work is never done.

I mean, last time I ruled the galaxy I had tons of fun. Maybe you should listen to this guy, OP.

If every sith was like Marr, concerned with the empire vs themselves, they probably would have ruled the galaxy s long time ago

But then we wouldn't appreciate Marr so much. I think it's better the way it is.

Edited by Kaedusz

They want to bring order. Their order. And this time it will not be the democratic treehugging niceasking national rights approving type of order. EVERYONE is to find THEIR place in the system! The system that the Sith make.

What has the republic managed to do in its 23000 years of existance!? Nothing!

The hutts are still vile and disgusting and corrupt. The republic has no controll, corruption spreads wildly amongst the planets. Rich trade groups grow ever more powerfull and there is NO respect for ANYTHING.

Only once the whole of the galaxy is brought under imperial rule and imperial systems will the galaxy be as peacefull as it should be. Ofcourse sith infighting will happen, but due to the sith way of life there will allways be competent sosiopaths at the top that can actually rule!

While they "hide" behind the concept of freedom (which is true, but not the core of their belief), the Sith ultimately are selfish--they want whatever they desire. Marr mentions after Makeb that he doesn't want to be emperor, somebody else can have that role. He got what he wants, which is... a jihad, I guess. He's a warlord. Every Sith following Bane was essentially brainwashed to want the same thing, to have the Sith *Order* rule the galaxy, and so unify their efforts throughout the generations. But the Sith take whatever they want. Generally, this means more and more power, since power is magnetic to the corruptible, so that they can have more power. But you'll see many who are content in small roles, because that's what they wanted. To sit in a tomb, answering the same questions over and over again...

It's not hiding- that is what the Sith code preaches. But it's true that a large number of Sith don't follow it properly. And being content in a small role (or philosophically, being content at all) is not what the code is about. Is the guy in the tomb really free? Can he guarantee no one will take his freedom to stay in the tomb, no matter what? Likely not.

I mean, last time I ruled the galaxy I had tons of fun. Maybe you should listen to this guy, OP.

Well, I don't want to brag...:rolleyes:

<caveat - this is from the standpoint of my oldest Sith Inq character, not my own views>

My Inquisitor was asked during the Treek conversations what he wants ... and, although on Rishi, he took steps to prolong his life, he answered "to be remembered as the greatest Emperor the Sith ever had."

After all, what is the next career move after sitting on the Dark Council? Obviously, being Emperor - if one wants power <he does - being Darth Nox>

But, unlike Sidious, who said, to paraphrase ... "when I rule.... there will be peace" - my Sith believes in the Sith code.

"Peace is a lie". He realizes there never can be a "true" peace.

Does he want immortality? Ideally, yes, but if not, at least to have as much power as possible. Unlike Vitiate though, he does not believe in consuming worlds to arrive at that destination -- and he, if possible, would do something <I don't know what - he's darkside>, to curtail the constant infighting amongst the Sith. He believes from his own studies of the lore of his people that this has caused the downfall of the Empire time after time - and only

together can the Sith Empire hope to defeat the Jedi.

<I.e. he had a VERY difficult time from the "idealistic" standpoint "killing his own kind" <he's a Sith pureblood> in the "red reaper" flashpoint - and believes, in hindsight, that Darth Malgus tricked his people into killing Malgus's "competition". His world viewpoint is not unlike that of the very person he had to fight to the death to get his position on the council - Darth Thanaton <not Lord Zash - he realized almost from the beginning that she was out to use him>.

Unlike Sidious again, he would not pull an "order 66" though. He WOULD put them into exile though, unless on an individual basis the Jedi involved would be willing to endorse the Sith Code. He is more opposed to the Republic itself rather than only the Jedi as the "boogieman". Mostly because of their pursuit of his people

1. after the Hyperspace wars, and

2. the continuation of this same type of policy by Supreme Chancellor S.

He, like Malgus, would be more inclusive of aliens, but only if they swore allegiance to the Empire - and himself.

He believes in the power structure of the Empire - he believes that the Republic system allows too much criminality which would not be "good" for his empire - both by groups <the Hutt Cartel, Czerka Corporation>, and by individuals <smugglers and the like>. He believes without this criminal element Sith would have more "freedom" to pursue their passions, ultimately - his passions. Which are to collect more knowledge, and acquire power.

I remember reading the novel "Deceived" and it gives great insight into the mind of Darth Malgus who correct me if I'm wrong was a model Sith (Before his betrayal) He was actually so confident that they'd destroy the Republic with and after the sacking of Coruscant that he was trying to figure out in his mind what would happen once the Republic was gone. According to his view conflict is what gives a better understanding about the force to a Sith. So to him the Republic was just a tool for greater understanding, enlightenment about the force. So that means that as long as they'll live they'll seek conflict which theoretically should not be hard even after the Republic is gone, there is always a new threat or enemy to face. This is my understanding at least from his point of view. But even in that book you saw a great difference between the way he thought and the way his superior Angral and his lackeys thought... I guess it might come down to each individual Sith?

*Edit: The last point can make sense because they seem to all want to be kings. :p

Edited by Bouncy_Hunter

I wonder what do they want what is their end goal to have galactic peace or what?

darth marr wanted loyalty and passion in the empire.

darth tormen wanted to rule the empire with an iron fist.

darth jadus wanted to democratize fear within the empire.

darth baras wanted to destroy his enemies by spying and sabotaging opponents.

darth thanaton wanted to bring back old sith ways to the empire.

darth malgus wanted to bring in new ideas and different cultures to the empire, more tolerance and understanding as long as there is a logical purpose for it.

each sith wanted their own thing, you cant throw a blanket on the whole empire because each sith is in it for themselves and what they want.

Edited by Celise

They want to bring order. Their order. And this time it will not be the democratic treehugging niceasking national rights approving type of order. EVERYONE is to find THEIR place in the system! The system that the Sith make.

What has the republic managed to do in its 23000 years of existance!? Nothing!

The hutts are still vile and disgusting and corrupt. The republic has no controll, corruption spreads wildly amongst the planets. Rich trade groups grow ever more powerfull and there is NO respect for ANYTHING.

Only once the whole of the galaxy is brought under imperial rule and imperial systems will the galaxy be as peacefull as it should be. Ofcourse sith infighting will happen, but due to the sith way of life there will allways be competent sosiopaths at the top that can actually rule!

Peaceful should never be used when referring to a galaxy ruled by the Empire. The Sith can't function properly without conflict, and you know..."Peace is a lie" and the Empire is ruled by the Sith, therefore there will always be someone to fight or conquer and if they did somehow rule the Galaxy without any opposition they would start fighting each other even more.

Edited by Bouncy_Hunter