Manaan: Stronghold needs total redesign

LordFell

ok... I heard there were problems, but I wanted it... so I bought it.

I've had a chance to tour a few "complete" Manaan Strongholds, and saw some nice ones... but I've only just gotten around to unlocking 3/4 of mine. And... honestly, it ain't good. For me, the final straw was opening one of the lower rooms... which really aren't big rooms... and discovering some .... IDIOT.... decided to take a fairly small room, and devote 75% of the available space to a Center Hook.

WHAT EVEN IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!??!!

...and the room is crazy dark. Put some paintings on the wall... too dark to even see them. No problem, I'll get a light and mount it on the roof.

...no I won't. There's no decent sized hook for ceiling lights.

Please redesign, ASAP.

Edited by LordFell

For me, the final straw was opening one of the lower rooms... which really aren't big rooms... and discovering some .... IDIOT.... decided to take a fairly small room, and devote 75% of the available space to a Center Hook.

WHAT EVEN IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!??!!

...and the room is crazy dark. Put some paintings on the wall... too dark to even see them. No problem, I'll get a light and mount it on the roof.

...no I won't. There's no decent sized hook for ceiling lights.

Yep, we feel ya. Everyone was disappointed by the lack of lighting and lighting options, the room size, and the Centerpiece hook that's virtually unusable. The stronghold was even worse a few weeks ago, when all of the exterior Small Floor hooks were bugged.

To be fair, they did add some hooks, which gives us more decorating options outdoors. I was surprised that they actually went back for a second pass of improvements. Kudos to them.

Here's what I'd like to see changed:

* Add a Grapple so that we can reach the starship hook.

* Change the Centerpiece hook in the lower rooms to a Large hook, so that we also get the overlapping Small Floor hooks.

* Add 3 Large Ceiling hooks to the lower rooms -- one above the floor viewing portal, one on the ceiling in each of the small side rooms (overlapping the Small ceiling hook, so people who like that don't lose out).

* Change the Centerpiece hook in the round area at ground level to a Starship hook (with alternate layout options).

* Add more rug hooks, especially under existing Large hooks and in the upstairs room.

* Make the upstairs windows NOT blurry/wavy so that we can appreciate the view of the exterior area we built.

* Add more hooks to the underwater areas outside the rooms.

Yeah, there are a lot of things I'd change if I could. Those underwater rooms are nice if you want a hot tub down there, but for pretty much anything else it would be better to have several large hook arrangements. In all of mine, I've broken it down to other hook arrangements, but some of them are still awkward for what I want to do there.

I recommend the Luminous Sconce: Yellow (formerly the Luxury Wall Sconce, from the Eternal Command Pack) for the underwater rooms if you need more light. If you put one on the small ceiling hook, you get a bit of a warm yellow glow on the floor, and you can put more along the sides for more light. It isn't ideal, but it's better than the other options for getting illumination. Also the Zakuulan Standing Floor Lamps from Star Fortress are nice and bright.

I was very surprised--and very happy--when they added hooks to the Manaan exterior. I think it's more unlikely, though, that they'd change existing hooks, since that could potentially mess up arrangements that some people already have. Like if you've made a perfect spa with a hot tub down in the lower rooms, it would be very inconvenient to have that turned into large hooks. If they could change the system so that when you break a centerpiece hook (or starship hook, for that matter) into pieces that include large hooks, the large hooks have the 9 smalls overlaid, that would be ideal. Better still if they allow the centerpieces to break down into even more options (e.g., 4 medium-small cross arrangements). But adding smalls to the large hooks is the simplest option that I think they should implement.

And we really need that grapple to the roof! It seems easy enough for them to do, except that I think they have issues with the roof being blocked by invisible walls, maybe because there are areas that they didn't create in as great detail, with the intent that they'd be inaccessible. So allowing us on the roof may take more than adding a grapple. Still hoping!

Here's what I'd like to see changed:

* Add a Grapple so that we can reach the starship hook.

* Change the Centerpiece hook in the lower rooms to a Large hook, so that we also get the overlapping Small Floor hooks.

* Add 3 Large Ceiling hooks to the lower rooms -- one above the floor viewing portal, one on the ceiling in each of the small side rooms (overlapping the Small ceiling hook, so people who like that don't lose out).

* Change the Centerpiece hook in the round area at ground level to a Starship hook (with alternate layout options).

* Add more rug hooks, especially under existing Large hooks and in the upstairs room.

* Make the upstairs windows NOT blurry/wavy so that we can appreciate the view of the exterior area we built.

* Add more hooks to the underwater areas outside the rooms.

Yes, all of this.

• 2 weeks later...
When you go to the complex, like the first corridor already annoys the crap out of me. Why put those ugly red lights that we cannot change on the walls? It literally clashes with all of my decos... it's so annoying. That's why we should be able to change the light blue "LED" lighting at the ceiling in Dromund Kaas too, because most of the gold/copper decos don't fit the SH there. Details are so important for me :( Edited by Shiyoni
added some words

I really hope they update Manaan. The interior rooms need to be changed as others have stated. I wish the under water rooms were bigger as well. So much potential.
is a link to a vid I made of some of the cool stuff beyond the dumb invisible walls. Why they don't just let us up there is beyond me.

There really needs to be some changes to the Manaan Stronghold. Yavin 4 was a pain but this is worse. I'm doing ok with the main outside area but once I get inside...that's where the problem starts. Too many small hooks. That entrance hallway I can't really do much of anything with.

The lower center room is a problem also because that nice glass hole in the ground is cool and all, but you can't really do much around it. The two side rooms also have the wrong hooks and indeed not a proper light hook on top.

The upper room is spacious but there the hook placement is also completely useless.

The balcony outside is doable but also not a real winner. The problem with 2 centerpiece hooks or centerpiece hooks in general is that you can place some nice items but that's it. You can't put people in it or anything.

As for the starship...I actually think it's on the wrong side. The rooftop that the balcony looks out onto is much bigger and would make more sense to have a landing pad for ships and it should be accessible from the balcony and allow us to place more decorations around it as well.

Of course there is worse...the train SH from Umbara I can't even....but that doesn't take the fact away that Manaan needs some changes to it to make it more viable for decorating. Currently it is not.

As for the starship...I actually think it's on the wrong side. The rooftop that the balcony looks out onto is much bigger and would make more sense to have a landing pad for ships and it should be accessible from the balcony and allow us to place more decorations around it as well.
The Starship hook gives me fits of rage.

There is a starship pad in the stronghold, but the hook on it isn't big enough to put a starship in. If you go to the planet Manaan (easy enough just to exit to from a Manaan stronghold) and go for a stroll... you'll see there's a starship parked on the starship pad. That's where I want to put MY starship deco... but I can't. Because someone who designed the Manaan stronghold hates esthetically pleasing outcomes or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok! OK!!! See this!?!

...this was such an obvious thing to do. This is obviously for a Starship. Everyone who knows anything about anything would know this is obvious. Stupid... stupid design.

Oh. And also... I would really prefer if for elevators, we could walk inside them, and push the button inside, instead of having to stand outside the elevator, and pretend that we're inside when it moves. It's just a little bit of what we game playing types like to think of as immersion.