What is the Best Sith Class for PvP (Including Advance Class)

whitesamurai

Hi Everyone

What is the best class and Advance Class combo for PvP.

I would like to do a ton of PvP and be helpful to my team in warzones.

Last thing is I do not want to be a healer (I like to fight not heal).

Sincerely, Whitesamurai

P.S. I tried searching to find out if the question was asked however the search would not work(school must be blocking the search script).

If you want to go for FOTM, Marauder seems to be what everyones complaining about.

There is also a growing chorus stating that the Tanking spec of the Assassin tree is getting up there. But FOTM classes will be nerfed; and if your a slow leveler, that FOTM class may be nerfed before you reach the rated battlegrounds. Healers are always needed and tank specs can be useful in certain setups.

Marauder if you want to go with FOTM, otherwise Assassin. Tank hybrid assassin in DPS gear is one of the most powerful characters in PvP (you basically have a tank's survival without losing on DPS) and the only class that wasn't touched in 1.2, which would suggest it's pretty safe from future nerfs. Also it's very easy to get medals since you can get the protection ones, a good tankasin averages 9-10 medals/game.

Everyone talks about the Assassin in DPS gear, but honestly, I find that class mediocre at best. It doesn't have enough DPS to kill you in a 1v1. It just takes you a little bit longer to kill them. I just don't see how they threaten anyone. This is my perspective as a Valor 85 BH.

The class from my perspective that is threatening is Mara/Sent. People claim that the Annihilation tree got nerfed but it was a tiny one and more than made up for by buffs at the Warrior level. Net effect is a buff. Did I reroll a Mara? Of course I did. Will it be a FotM? Think about this. It took BW 5 months before it made any meaningful class (im)balance changes despite the wealth of feedback they got during beta. BW won't do ANYTHING until it gets ingame data feedback from it collection systems. Those impact BW class design far more than player feedback on forums. And the ingame data feedback will be clouded by the hordes of poorly performing Mara/Sents from people who don't know how to play the class. Mara/Sent is very well protected from future nerfs. Maybe sometime around October/November before Season 2 starts it will get adjusted.

Tank Assassins in DPS gear are currently the kings of small scale PvP.

They are also the best ball carriers in Huttball (unlike Juggernauts, they don't need targets) and their pull allows them to kill enemy ball-carriers with ease.

That said, Bioware probably won't allow this to go on for much longer. I wouldn't expect a harsh nerf to Tank Assassins but I'm sure something will be done at some point.

Marauders on the other hand look like a much safer heaven. They are powerful by design and I don't think that's ever going to change.

Tank Assassins in DPS gear are currently the kings of small scale PvP.

They are also the best ball carriers in Huttball (unlike Juggernauts, they don't need targets) and their pull allows them to kill enemy ball-carriers with ease.

That said, Bioware probably won't allow this to go on for much longer. I wouldn't expect a harsh nerf to Tank Assassins but I'm sure something will be done at some point.

Marauders on the other hand look like a much safer heaven. They are powerful by design and I don't think that's ever going to change.

They're indirectly nerfing assassins by nerfing the endurance on the DPS gear, if you look at the PTR gear for the battlemaster set for DPS, it is significantly lower than the tank set now. DPS/tankassins are relatively fixed in 1.2 but i'll wait till live before i stick to that judgement.

Edited by DoctorSaki

Hi Everyone

What is the best class and Advance Class combo for PvP.

I would like to do a ton of PvP and be helpful to my team in warzones.

Last thing is I do not want to be a healer (I like to fight not heal).

Sincerely, Whitesamurai

P.S. I tried searching to find out if the question was asked however the search would not work(school must be blocking the search script).

Honestly if you want to be helpful to your team roll anything but a jedi class, there's already way too many of them.

I know it seems like a generic IDGAF answer, but its actually very true.

From my perspective, I play on a small server and pvp is 9 out of 10 times huttball. So here is my experience with huttball using 6 toons. My toons range in level from 37 to 48. Only one is below lvl 40.

Jugg Tank - great toon. If my team is average we will win. From the midfield he can force leap, push and force leap to endzone quickly. This toon can quickly intercept the ball carrier and get kills. Quite frequently I have a group of four on me. I can also shut down a sith inquistor with interrupts and kill them.

BH Tank - great toon. Rocket jump and grapple. Interrupt as well. Harder to kill inquistors but I can still shoot them as they run. Not as mobile as the jugg but still a tough toon.

BH Healer - not so fun. I'm specced very much in the heals tree. Since it can't kill ball carriers you depend upon others to do that. You also depend on others ot help you when you get incoming damage. If I play with a teammate, its fun. If I play with a pug, its a drag to be honest. I still end up with ball alot but not as much as other toons.

IA Concealment - It used to a favorite. Its great for killing one guy but its a one shot deal. Once the first guy is dead you must use cloaking screen or you will be dead. I end up with the ball a lot since I can quickly kill a ball carrier, however I am a sitting target out of stealth. Mostly a defensive toon. Kill healers or ball carriers.

IA sniper engineer. From the very start even at lvl 10 he was rocking the dps charts. I don't think this toon has ever been less than 3rd in dmg. Often times its number one in damage. The first time I was 50-0 kills I thought it was big deal. Not anymore. I don't try to kill one toon in particular. I try to stay at range and damage them. My favorite position is on our top ramps.

SI Madness assassin. Kind of like my operative. I kill ball carriers and healers. It has more aoe with deathfield and dark charge. Kind of like a vampire dmg gives life. Don't need to stealth as much. I play this toon on enemy ramps to clear the way.

Do I have any toons which are overpowered versus all classes in 1v1? Not sure, they all seem to be capable of killing any particular toon if I get the jump on them. Which is my favorite? Whichever I am playing at the time. It takes a few games to get into the groove on controls and play style.

Too often I see people trying to play a toon in pvp by picking talents and going for max dps. Personally I believe its best to focus on:

o balance gear for dps vs surviability.

o interrupt

o manage resources. Take a bh, if you generate more heat, it takes longer to cool down. You can't do any attacks or interrupt if you are overheated.

o pick your targets. Watch a wild animal documentary. Predators typically pick weak or alone prey for quick easy kills. Inspect your teammates while in the pvp lobby. That noob wearing improper or missing gear (no relic, no offhand, etc) might be your opponent in the next match. Another reaon I am not a fan of cross server groups. Its hard enough as it is to recognize healers and noobs now.

o kill healers who are easy. Strong healers are not someone you want to solo though.

o Don't ever stack endurance. More health just makes you into a punching bag. Even in pve, I want to heal a guy who picks damage mitigation over raw health.

o Know when to move on, if its a tough fight kite your opponent(s) to a healh pack or friends.

o Don't talk trahs. Just because you and your buddy's jumped a guy 2v1 does not make you cool. There is an old Indian saying, "its better to carry lightning in fist than thunder in mouth." That guy you are giving **** could very well be on your team next time and you just lost a mvp vote.

o If you see someone glowing red near the expertise buff, don't be rambo and attack him. CC him or kite him.

o If you are injured and can't find allies, jump into pit so once they kill you, they are out of game play for awhile.

o If the team just scored, don't stand around killing them in your endzone. Chances are their teammates are going for the ball in the middle. Get back to the future ball carrier.

o If your team has the ball, for the love of god, don't kill people who are between midfield and your endzone. They will only respawn and be in prime postion to defend their endzone.

o Keep the ramps clear of opponents. Nothing makes me happier to stand with my sniper on our ramp overlooking ball spawn with no one attacking me.

o If you don't see the column of light, look on your map for the ball. Nothing is as important as the ball.

Currently, Darkness Assassin followed by Annihilation Marauder as far as one vs one goes (assassin also for ball running thanks to 20s speed).

As far as group utility goes and being a non healer, both the above classes also provide group utility (assassin tank = guard, marauder has group heals, group run speed, group damage boost).