252/258 Set Bonus not working??

panoukla

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did they fix it (I'm at work so can't check). Did the set bonus just show up again on the 258 armorings?

For me the set bonus already showed up on the 258 armorings as all mine were still in their original shells, but didn't show up on 252s which I had removed. After the fix, the set bonus also showed up on my removed 252s, so every mod that previously had a bonus now has it again (and now it works with the previously existing set bonuses, due to yesterday's fix in that respect). So now, for me, set bonus is 100% okay and great. Perhaps some other people may have different experiences.

How did they fix it (I'm at work so can't check). Did the set bonus just show up again on the 258 armorings?

I think they had some serious data table issues (also probably affecting sith warriors since my mara is now fine) which was what was breaking stuff in game and it was serious enough to warrant an immediate fix as to maintain game stability.

• Dev Post
For me the set bonus already showed up on the 258 armorings as all mine were still in their original shells, but didn't show up on 252s which I had removed. After the fix, the set bonus also showed up on my removed 252s, so every mod that previously had a bonus now has it again (and now it works with the previously existing set bonuses, due to yesterday's fix in that respect). So now, for me, set bonus is 100% okay and great. Perhaps some other people may have different experiences.

Highlighting this as it correctly describes what we fixed. In short, the armorings that were missing the set bonus after yesterday will now have it.

-eric

Thanks for all the extra 252's and 258's I now have, BW

Heh! I made out like gangbusters too. I'm kicking myself, though, because I had some Masterwork Shards stored up on a couple characters that I should have spent anticipating the way they would fix it. Grr... :rak_01:

Still, it's a bit churlish of me to look what ultimately was a gift horse in the mouth.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Highlighting this as it correctly describes what we fixed. In short, the armorings that were missing the set bonus after yesterday will now have it.

-eric

Sorry Eric but that is not true. I had 2 sets of legacy armor in my legacy cargo hold still not showing set bonuses

I retract what I said. Tool tip was not showing, logged out with it on then back in and it is there

Edited by BallisticKaine

Sorry Eric but that is not true. I had 2 sets of legacy armor in my legacy cargo hold still not showing set bonuses

I retract what I said. Tool tip was not showing, logged out with it on then back in and it is there

Yes, tooltips not showing in the legacy hold is a longstanding issue, not confined to the current patch. Good of you to retract so quickly.

-eric

Great quick fix, and it should make everyone super happy - fixed for those that didn't pull their mods out, and double 258 sets for those of us that did. :)

• 1 year later...

Bit of a Necro here, but I basically took all of 2019 off, only to cont back and have most of my characters missing some or all of their set bonus. Anything to be done at this point?

(I opened a ticket, but they're asking me for what armor I'm missing. I long since scrapped the old shells.)

Bit of a Necro here, but I basically took all of 2019 off, only to cont back and have most of my characters missing some or all of their set bonus. Anything to be done at this point?

(I opened a ticket, but they're asking me for what armor I'm missing. I long since scrapped the old shells.)

I'm sure someone in the thread already mentioned that

A: set bonus was moved to shells (which are now BLP) and....

B: Ossus gear set bonuses stop working at level 75 regardless

you can literally, from lvl 70, buy a new set of 252 gear, trade it in for a set of 258 gear, and level to 75 by doing onslaught... all before the bind timer expires, and sell it all back for full price, and already have a full set of 268+ gear to use in it's place.

I figured "just grind out new sets" would be the simplest answer, and I was planning on doing it anyway.

I haven't played since live day event 2018, and even then I hadn't completed KotFE on most characters, and am as chronically short of money as I've always been, so easy up the ladder.

I already got one drop with a set bonus and the new bonuses on it, so I'm not opposed to doing it the straightforward way.