SWTOR Roadmap - The Autumn Update!

KeithKanneg

Hi all,

The final changes are done and we're prepping the Roadmap to be available in the afternoon on Monday, October 2, 2017 in English, French, and German.

I know with the last Roadmap, I gave you tidbits of information along the way, but I haven't this time as I really wanted you to experience the entire message. When you see it on Monday, it'll all make sense and I honestly can't wait to hear your feedback about what we have planned.

Have a great weekend.

---Keith

Well you did mention something about currencies. I'm really interested what's happening there.

All in all, I get the feeling that the roadmap that's coming is going to be a big deal.

As you no doubt know I have a lot of criticism but I also still want this game to succeed at the same time. I just really hope some important topics will be addressed and I think there's some big questions about the rest of the new operation and what's happening with regards to a next expansion.

I think I can state objectively that the game needs a boost and I hope that what you have planned really helps the game and us.

For better or for worse, you'll have my feedback. I do appreciate all the hard work that undoubtedly happens behind the scenes but I also hope that better choices are going to be made with regards to some of the more pressing issues that exist today.

A short lists of topics I am interested in:

Next expansion? Yes, no, when, what?

Are you finally going to address decoration issues for strongholds

Classes are being nerfed across the board. I'm ok with that, but what's the plan from there on out?

What have you learned from the unfortunate results for Ziost and Iokath dailies and uprisings?

What will happen with rewards in NiM? Will afk'ing in PvP still be the best way to get BiS gear for raiders?

What's the plan with GC? Is there yet another unsatisfying gear tier coming out?

What about basically abandoned game elements like GSF and Conquest?

What about our missing companions?

What about the main story and will it stay a single story line that really just doesn't fit all 8 classes?

What about the return to the Empire and Republic?

Ok, not a short list. You can see that as a sign that there's a lot on people's minds.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

The final changes are done and we're prepping the Roadmap to be available in the afternoon on Monday, October 2, 2017 in English, French, and German.

I know with the last Roadmap, I gave you tidbits of information along the way, but I haven't this time as I really wanted you to experience the entire message. When you see it on Monday, it'll all make sense and I honestly can't wait to hear your feedback about what we have planned.

Have a great weekend.

---Keith

What sense of it Keith if devs are dont care about our feedback? We said make bolster 242, you said "yeah, yeah" but bolster havent been buffed to 242. We said give us legacy UC, you said "yeah, ofc" but u didn't make it legacy. We asked about listening to players's feedback and recommendations about the class balance ( for example, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=933054 ) - devs ignored everything and nerfed all to ground. Pvp players asked NOT TO BUFF ranked rewards so that it would not be full of those who just queues for UC and buff rewards for regs - you did right the opposite. Seriously, can you please just admit that you all FAILED?

Well you did mention something about currencies. I'm really interested what's happening there.

All in all, I get the feeling that the roadmap that's coming is going to be a big deal.

As you no doubt know I have a lot of criticism but I also still want this game to succeed at the same time. I just really hope some important topics will be addressed and I think there's some big questions about the rest of the new operation and what's happening with regards to a next expansion.

I think I can state objectively that the game needs a boost and I hope that what you have planned really helps the game and us.

For better or for worse, you'll have my feedback. I do appreciate all the hard work that undoubtedly happens behind the scenes but I also hope that better choices are going to be made with regards to some of the more pressing issues that exist today.

A short lists of topics I am interested in:

Next expansion? Yes, no, when, what?

Are you finally going to address decoration issues for strongholds

Classes are being nerfed across the board. I'm ok with that, but what's the plan from there on out?

What have you learned from the unfortunate results for Ziost and Iokath dailies and uprisings?

What will happen with rewards in NiM? Will afk'ing in PvP still be the best way to get BiS gear for raiders?

What's the plan with GC? Is there yet another unsatisfying gear tier coming out?

What about basically abandoned game elements like GSF and Conquest?

What about our missing companions?

What about the main story and will it stay a single story line that really just doesn't fit all 8 classes?

What about the return to the Empire and Republic?

Ok, not a short list. You can see that as a sign that there's a lot on people's minds.

Ziost (daily area) is bad? Really? I thought it was a pretty good. I see it as a break from mob crowded places like Oricon where you could relax a little and do more "fetch this" instead of "kill that" type of quests.

To each their own though, I guess.

Hi all,

Have a great weekend.

---Keith

I hope by "it'll all make sense" you mean nerfing every fking class in the game and risking thousands of subs by doing that instead of, say bringing up the DPS baseline (improved TTK in PvP, which is what they really want) and buffing Ops bosses (keeping those challenges in place). You're bleeding subs with this bs - I only hope there's something truly epic in that Roadmap to stem the flow.

Hi all,

Have a great weekend.

---Keith

I hope it has some juicy details mate because if things like server related issues are not listed it's going to be a bad ride.

This had better be good.

This. ^

With months of unnecessary nerfs. Another month of utility nerfs to come.

This had better be good and not just some introduction to tier 5 gear all so players can repeat the same old stale content that's 2-5 years old just to get back to where we were before months and months of nerfs.

Edited by Quraswren

Hi all,

Have a great weekend.

---Keith

Thanks for the update, Keith! Cautiously optimistic to see what you guys have in store for us. Y'all made me sad with the Merc healing nerfs so the Road Map better cheer me up!

Also, there better be some good **** for PvP!

:jawa_angel:

Friday night and it's a wasteland, the players on can't do anything but spam emotes.

The roadmap needs to be taking us through lush villages full of activity and stuff to do.

Not into Detroit. I don't mean any offence to any Detroit residents but it never really recovered did it?

Ziost (daily area) is bad? Really? I thought it was a pretty good. I see it as a break from mob crowded places like Oricon where you could relax a little and do more "fetch this" instead of "kill that" type of quests.

Actually the dailies themselves were kinda cool but what was missing was a very simply thing...a direct travel option to go there. Most people just never ended up going there for dailies cause it was annoying to travel there. All other daily areas are part of the priority system so you can go there with a single click.

The mistake with Ziost was to not do that.

I get that you like to go there cause it's quiet but the reason it's quiet is because people don't like to go there. So it wasn't successful as content since most people avoid it.

Iokath is a different issue, which is the quests themselves.

I hope it has some juicy details mate because if things like server related issues are not listed it's going to be a bad ride.

A good example of "to each their own." :) If all we have to look forward to is server merges so we have more people to play the same old content with, I'm going to be underwhelmed.

Unfortunately with all the disgruntled players right now (has anyone's class *not* been nerfed? Anyone? Bueller?) things like "server merges" and "Life Day Event" are unlikely to be received well.

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where I'd be happy at this point - "Surprise! All the rest of the GoTM ops bosses will be released at once during 5.6! 2 new flashpoints November! New expansion in time for Christmas complete with new ops and new pvp maps!"

Actually, this is a little fun. I might continue to mentally play the "underwhelmed" vs. "happily surprised" game through the weekend.

I agree Ziost is one of my favorite daily areas. Would love to see what is so bad about it. I enjoy Iokath most of the time there are a few dailies I find annoying and skip but it is by no means bad.

this time as I really wanted you to experience the entire message. When you see it on Monday, it'll all make sense and I honestly can't wait to hear your feedback about what we have planned.

Honestly I've lost both faith and hope so it's better be truly good.

Hi all,

Have a great weekend.

---Keith

Monday can't come soon enough! I am very much looking forward to seeing whars coming!

Actually the dailies themselves were kinda cool but what was missing was a very simply thing...a direct travel option to go there. Most people just never ended up going there for dailies cause it was annoying to travel there. All other daily areas are part of the priority system so you can go there with a single click.

The mistake with Ziost was to not do that.

I get that you like to go there cause it's quiet but the reason it's quiet is because people don't like to go there. So it wasn't successful as content since most people avoid it.

Iokath is a different issue, which is the quests themselves.

I always pull up planetary missions in galactic window and random until i get a daily zone that's buffed (it gives a little more command points if you do that) and use that instant port, then you can also instant port with the galaxy map now. I know that doesn't solve the problem of people really not knowing much about it in the first place.

And I completely agree that Iokath dailies are horrid, waste of time for basically no reward.

Hi all,

Have a great weekend.

---Keith

If it doesn't undo the absolutely stupid nerfs that have been implemented and are planned, it won't matter what else is in it.

The rest is just promises to make this or that better in the hopes we won't all finish leaving before you all get your Christmas bonuses.

Given what's happened this year I am apprehensive. But I will wait to see what comes up.

Solo-able content, story and companions (more Lana! Let us marry her! And no more 'story ghosts' when companions are killable - even if I am not romancing Koth/Vette/etc. I still want to interact with them) are really what I am looking for. What's in the roadmap will determine whether I renew or not, so I am earnestly hoping and praying that it is a good one.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Oh it needs to be way better than just good, and it needs to be delivered, not just promised.

All The Best

I honestly don't think they can deliver on promises. How many of the promises from the guild summit have they managed to fulfill by now? How many will never happen? I have no faith left in EA or BW.

Hi all,

Have a great weekend.

---Keith

No hints does not sound good. The cynic in me suspects that the roadmap will go something like this.

Chapter 5.5 Nerfs nerfs nerfs! An an operation boss! Also all credits and tokens will be legacy based!

BUT we appreciate that there are a lot of balancing changes so in 2 weeks after 5.5 we will be releasing the next Operation boss!!!! (This will be pushed back to 5 weeks to make it is up to the high standard etc etc that excuse no one can argue with)

-At this point you have to be wondering who the operations are aimed at, those hardcore raiders that despite no new op bosses for 2 years and only 2 added in 7 months are so passionate and keen on raiding that they didn't go to any other game offering more raiding content. Except that would make them hypocrites, this game needs more raiding or I'll go elsewhere, when they haven't gone elsewhere for the last 2 years. While the legacy merger of credits a small thing is likely to cause massive losses to people as it bugs out etc.

Chapter 5.6 Utility nerfs and the final operation boss! We will also see the return of a companion in a special stand alone alert!

-What wont be announced is which companion it will be, because its one you already have that doesn't speak basic. While the conversation from the player will be Kotor style, not cause its a throw back to that game but because its cheaper. How thick do they think people are.

Chapter 5.7 something vague.

Be some vague notion of quality of life changes, maybe mention of the story, PvP or GCW or server mergers.

The whole we are not going to talk about it, does not make me think 5.5 is going to be packed with good things. It makes me think there is so little in 5.5 aside from nerfs that to hint at whats in it would be to announce everything. Only the plan is that by putting together the next 4 months of content in one post it might fool people into thinking oh that looks like some decent content. Shame after delays its over 6 months away.

I find it strange that people knock Ben as much as they do. Kotfe offered 9 story chapters in November, star fortress, alerts etc then a monthly chapter plus alert. Where as I think we will be bloody lucky to get 9 story chapters come this November. Maybe if really lucky the op will be completed, but i'd wager far fewer people end up playing the op than played the story chapters.

If they'd gave us hints we'd all be like, this is it?!?? We already know that!!

Just like last time. Because of that I wouldn't either, but I do wish that the updates wouldn't take as long as they do.

But this roadmap according to Musco is so much better than anything before so I can accept it.:rak_03: