how does the last boss of hammer work?

The last boss of hammer has that aoe where he looks like he's dropping charges. How do they work? I tried to experiement but they seem random. I could be plenty far away and get hit by one and yet stand on one and nothing happens or I still get hit.

Anybody know how they actually work?

I think he will throw that at people but given that you would normally be running away from a bomb, the next bomb will tend to land in a different location / at a different member of the team.

It's a difficult fight (especially as we were running this one 3 man + 1 companion). If you move the boss into some clear air you should get enough DPS time on the boss to down him without worrying too much about the bombs.

There were a truck load of other abilities, but I can't remember what they were. Adds plus some nasty AOE IIRC? either way, it's pretty well signposted what is about to hit you. Those bombs are annoying though I completely agree.

The boss throws a grenade and a ring appears soon after the ring will fade and it will explode. Kepe in mind the aoe is larger than the circle as the circle is there just to warn you. The circle will appear on a random ally not just anywhere randomly.

Ah see I thought the circle was the radius. Thanks for clearing that up.

To iterate, I have no problems with the boss. Nor am I complaining that its hard, cuz its not (regardless of my lack of knowledge of that aoe). I can see them coming, I just wasn't aware of why moving away still got me hit. Now I know, thanks.

My only input for that fight is "don't face him toward the chasm." He's got a mean knock-back ability, which will send you flying into the chasm to an early death. It was pretty hilarious to see the first time. Even made the run back in fast enough to pick him back up with only one death.