Pay2Win Space Missions ???

Dirtyshadow

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they don't. I've done them all with only 2 pieces of new gear, some can be done in pure T6. So you can farm them all by spending 500 fleet comms and bunch of credits to buy missile magazine from crafter.

Is it easier to do all of it with all of the T7 upgrades? Yes.

Is it advantageous to do the missions with T7 upgrades? Yes.

Can you buy all of the T7 upgrades with CC coins? Yes.

So can using CC coins give you an advantage in the game play beyond the scope of vanity or cosmetics? Yes.

Grow up. Space missions are solo content. Go get some milk from mommy

Not one single point you made here contradicts the fact that buying some via the Cartel gives you an advantage in gameplay which is what is arguing about in terms of P2W.

Edited by Lostpenguins

Guys,

There are many degrees of P2W.

Frankly I am surprised at the pricing for these ship armors which could lead to more of these happening in the future. I hope not, but I mean, they could have always LOWERED the amount of grind than put it on the cartel shop :9

But honestly, the word P2W, came from all the asian mmorpgs where they would sell a sword or armor with ridiculous stats that you could start wearing at level 1. This would also be available only exclusively at the item shop.

There were 4 items previous bought with comms for your ship and the comm cost of those are rather low and one item can even be skipped unless you want the bonus missions. All of the special parts in total cost 420 fleet commendations - this is LESS than a single part of grade 7 gear - the ones you can get anyway. All other parts (grade 5, grade 3, and grade 1) were bought with credits or crafted (grade 2, grade 4, grade 6) at a reasonable expense - the most expensive item is the grade 6 missile launcher that takes 2 mandalorian iron to craft - about 25k if you don't want to do crew skills to get them for much less. The whole grade 6 set (all craftable except one item that is a mission reward) was worth about 150k total.

The new cost:

From fleet comms:

1500 comms - 3 parts - Durasteel Armor, Blast Condenser, Laser Cannons

1400 comms - 2 schematics - Schematic: Concussion Missile Magazine, Schematic: Deflector Shield

Crafting materials:

Synthetic Energy Matrix x2

Enriched Durasteel x12

Zal Alloy x30

Mandalorian Iron x6

Molecular Stabiliser x4

(I don't have the material list for the Schematic: Improved Electronic Warfare Pod)

From daily comms:

300 comms - 2 parts - Improved Electromagnetic Pulse, Deflection Amplifier

200 comms - 1 schematic - Schematic: Improved Electronic Warfare Pod

From Credits:

300k credits - 1 part - Improved Power Conversion Module

OR 1300 Cartel Coins = about $13.00 USD

It's a good thing "Nobody cares about that stupid space combat mini game or enjoys it or wants to do it" because it really would suck if this was 9 armor pieces for PvP or Ops, eh?

Edited by battycoda
Typo

Guys,

There are many degrees of P2W.

Frankly I am surprised at the pricing for these ship armors which could lead to more of these happening in the future. I hope not, but I mean, they could have always LOWERED the amount of grind than put it on the cartel shop :9

But honestly, the word P2W, came from all the asian mmorpgs where they would sell a sword or armor with ridiculous stats that you could start wearing at level 1. This would also be available only exclusively at the item shop.

They didn't though, the opposite in fact.

Honestly, this isn't the slightest bit surprising.

You remember all the complaints about the F2P system? How it amounted to "here's a cool thing! (our game) here's a bunch of annoying restrictions! (don't get me started) pay us money so you can enjoy it! (sub/hat unlocks)"

Why did you think that subscribers would somehow be sacrosanct? "here's a cool thing! (heroic space missions), here's a bunch of annoying restrictions (missions are heavily overtuned, requiring quite possibly the most tedious grind in any game ever), pay us money so you can enjoy it! (bought spaceship gear)."

This is not an accident or an isolated incident. When they were working on F2P, they actually sat down and developed F2Pers being unable to spacebar through anything. It took a massive outcry from their staff to get them to change their mind. They actually sat down and restricted F2P to one quickbar. It took a massive outcry from their PTR testers to get them to change their mind. They actually sat down and restricted F2P to two quickbars. It took getting panned the whole Internet 'round to get them to change their mind.

This is not an accident or an isolated incident. This is the future of SWToR.

Stop the rant. It's not so bad at all. You still are able to get 100 FC daily I even almost finished one mission (the new station assault - 15s to go ant get shot down :mad: ) with all grade 6 parts. Those missions are pretty demanding thou You can finish them. Without grade 7 it will be frustrating as hell but it is possible.

I'm going back to rail space now. Cheer up! :D

B.R.

Leigabar

Edited by Leigabar

So BW has apparently deleted other threads on this topic. I wonder how long this thread will last.

If BW starts balancing content with cash shop purchases in mind, why have a subscription? My subscription should give me full access to space, operations, flashpoints and PvP balanced on my subscription. That's what it says on the website. The space missions are not balanced on a subscribers account, the balance is clearly around a subscriber purchasing at least some cash shop items, which is absurd. Do they honestly expect people to grind space missions every day for a month to step foot into these new space missions? No. They're gonna wait for you to break down and

What happens if BW implements a grind to gain entry to a new operation or flashpoint, but then allows someone to use cartel coins to bypass that gate. That's what I'm afraid of. Subscribers should have full access to content without an assumption that they will spend cartel coins. BW is clearly the testing the waters here. If BW succeeds with this, I predict we will see gated entry to new PVE content with a cash shop bypass. Just wait until Makeb requires you either a.) grind Makeb access comms for weeks or b.) spend 1000 CC.

Am I reading and understanding the following right....

Grade 7 items I know of ingame cost a huge amount of daily / fleet commendations as well as pricey craftable objects... so giving them out day 1 of the new heroic space missions, in a Cartel pack...

circumventing all ingame crafting/grinding by throwing real world money at them...

is that not by definition "Pay2Win" Space Missions ???

:rak_02: :rak_02: :rak_02:

Pay2Win?!? I doubt it.... Space Missions are single player only and you can grind the com's to buy the upgrades in game without spending any money on cartel coins.... Now if Space Missions had PvP in them then I would agree with you.

That said, I personally would of preferred to make EVERYONE have to grind it out then give them a shortcut threw the cartel shop... And it does feel like their testing the waters to see how many people will do it instead of grinding the missions out.... That alone makes me a bit afraid of the future the cartel shop will hold concerning content in game for subscribers...

We all know how greedy EA is....

Edited by Monoth

Pay2Win?!? I doubt it.... Space Missions are single player only and you can grind the com's to buy the upgrades in game without spending any money on cartel coins.... Now if Space Missions had PvP in them then I would agree with you.

It does. It rewards comms that have nothing to do with space that are spent to buy gear for PvE and it also provides the mats needed to craft the Grade 27 craftable mods that can be used for PvP. PvP can be done without PvP gear to get PvP gear. So it has everything to do with PvP and PvE.

What an insult to the playerbase.

EA/Bioware is now catering to those with disposable incomes, or rich kids with access to credit cards.

This crosses the line into pay2win.

If the upgrades were purchasable on minute one, day one, in-game, by any class, any crafting spec, with credits or daily comms, the playing field would be even.

But only giving cash customers the ability to "get it now", or the few with the right combination of crafting skill, daily comms, and expensive mats, is a slap in the face to subscribers who don't have tons of disposable cash.

Disappointed to say the least. I won't be re-subscribing. Enjoy your downward spiral without me.

There were 4 items previous bought with comms for your ship and the comm cost of those are rather low and one item can even be skipped unless you want the bonus missions. All of the special parts in total cost 420 fleet commendations - this is LESS than a single part of grade 7 gear - the ones you can get anyway. All other parts (grade 5, grade 3, and grade 1) were bought with credits or crafted (grade 2, grade 4, grade 6) at a reasonable expense - the most expensive item is the grade 6 missile launcher that takes 2 mandalorian iron to craft - about 25k if you don't want to do crew skills to get them for much less. The whole grade 6 set (all craftable except one item that is a mission reward) was worth about 150k total.

The new cost:

From fleet comms:

1500 comms - 3 parts - Durasteel Armor, Blast Condenser, Laser Cannons

1400 comms - 2 schematics - Schematic: Concussion Missile Magazine, Schematic: Deflector Shield

Crafting materials:

Synthetic Energy Matrix x2

Enriched Durasteel x12

Zal Alloy x30

Mandalorian Iron x6

Molecular Stabiliser x4

(I don't have the material list for the Schematic: Improved Electronic Warfare Pod)

From daily comms:

300 comms - 2 parts - Improved Electromagnetic Pulse, Deflection Amplifier

200 comms - 1 schematic - Schematic: Improved Electronic Warfare Pod

From Credits:

300k credits - 1 part - Improved Power Conversion Module

OR 1300 Cartel Coins = about $13.00 USD

It's a good thing "Nobody cares about that stupid space combat mini game or enjoys it or wants to do it" because it really would suck if this was 9 armor pieces for PvP or Ops, eh?

You nailed it. This is a huge slap in the face to people who were looking forward to the heroic space missions. So much fail.

Pay to win in the absolute truest sense of the words. The fact that not only does this stuff enable you to buy grade 7 and grade 8 crafting materials faster, as well as get black hole and daily commendations... what Bioware have done here is utterly disgusting. I'm sad to say this but I think they just lost my subscription as well. Along with any future investment on my part. There's only one thing publishers like EA understand: boycott. Complain with your wallets, people, until they damn well fix this.

I think the items you buy should atleast be a totally seperate BOUND item. Because as it stands right now, not sure on other servers..on mine the GTN is flooded with all Grade 7 items at 150k each. Crafting can't even begin to compete with it.

One question to all of you:

What do you WIN?

So, if i buy the gear via cartel-shop i increase my chances to survive those missions. That makes me...what? Better then you? Don't think so. Rewards for those missions are some credits, 2 BH comms and some daily comms from what i see...again, does the reward make me special? Not at all.

So...what's all the fuss about?

EA/Bioware is now catering to those with disposable incomes, or rich kids with access to credit cards.

Ha! The real reason for this thread comes out. Jealousy over the fact that some of us did what it takes to HAVE some disposable income. No apologies for that, my friend.

Well, thats the problem. Everybody wants everything at the moment with no effort.

Pay or work for it. Stop raging, stop crying. You have several ways to get the space upgrades. And also several weeks to farm the money or the fleet commendations before this patch to take them today.

Edited by Astoncam

One question to all of you:

What do you WIN?

So, if i buy the gear via cartel-shop i increase my chances to survive those missions. That makes me...what? Better then you? Don't think so. Rewards for those missions are some credits, 2 BH comms and some daily comms from what i see...again, does the reward make me special? Not at all.

So...what's all the fuss about?

No idea and i bought my part off the GTN, isnt that pay to win since i didnt want to farm them for weeks? :eek:

The space mission are very meh for the moment..

Yet another result of all those people demanding F2P. You got what you wanted, and are now "Paying" the price ;)

I'm a subscriber? Seriously, these are the dumbest arguments.

Sorry, just because someone made a forum post one time about how they didn't like space missions or that they want free-to-play doesn't justify everything and anything.

I take comfort on one thing:

Space missions on rails are already boring. Making them harder while still boring doesn't necessarily equate to challenging fun. So I'll try the new ones with my Level 6 Defender ( Yea I put some credits on the ship because at one point I thought there was more to it at endgame) but more Likely it wont appeal to me.

Let's just say I know of more people that bot the current space missions than those who actually play them. I think the former may feel more challenged upgrading their software?