2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?

As we have stated in the past, we always design systems like this knowing that subscribers will be receiving Cartel Coins each month!

Thank you for the road map Eric, it's very much appreciated!!!

I just wanted to ask about this comment - you realize most of us have multiple toons right? Do you also take that into consideration when trying to set cartel prices?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

[*]Game Update 2.2 will release on Tuesday, June 11th

I can’t yet tell you what is in Game Update 2.2, you are getting two Game Updates within that period. I will say this: Game Update 2.2 has no new Cartel Market features…

TLDR – If you’re concerned that Game Update 2.1 is taking up space in our content cadence and only contains Cartel Market stuff, fear not, Game Update 2.2 is coming sooner than you would expect!

-eric

PS – The Gree Enclave wanted me to pass on that they will be returning soon…

So 2.2 drops the same day as E3 starts, you wont say what it is but we can suspect its gonna be in the big ea announcment thingy mabob thing they do at E3 so im gonna stab at the SSSP.

Quoted post cut down to relevent part.

Edited by Shingara

So 2.2 drops the same day as E3 starts, you wont say what it is but we can suspect its gonna be in the big ea announcment thingy mabob thing they do at E3 so im gonna stab at the SSSP.

Quoted post cut down to relevent part.

Its will be the green enclave most likely. He pretty much hints that at the bottom. Still no post on fixes though i see.

Its will be the green enclave most likely. He pretty much hints that at the bottom. Still no post on fixes though i see.

Gree enclave is an event isnt it, not a content update big enough to grant its own reference main number.

Thank you for the road map Eric, it's very much appreciated!!!

I just wanted to ask about this comment - you realize most of us have multiple toons right? Do you also take that into consideration when trying to set cartel prices?

This. More account wide unlocks, legacy pricing on multiple sets of gears and legacy bound items.

What that means is that even though I can’t yet tell you what is in Game Update 2.2, you are getting two Game Updates within that period. I will say this: Game Update 2.2 has no new Cartel Market features… Also, both of these Game Updates will come with the usual bug fixes, quality of life improvements, etc. which you have come to expect (reference the patch notes for more info).

-eric

PS – The Gree Enclave wanted me to pass on that they will be returning soon…

Now I'll be wondering how much will change with the 2.2 being CM. You said it. You stickied the thread. So don't backtrack and we'll wait and see.

That msg from eric wasn't really helpful at all other than showing the dates of the planned updates. So basically subscribers get what anyone else can get and we should just sit there and shut it is what I got from his post. And we already knew the gree event was returning in June the only difference is we have a date for once.

Maybe next time don't recycle the same old comments and give us something more than lip service. Btw where are the CE upgrades and extras or you guys too busy pumping out that cartel market stuff?

OMG! Anyone who thinks that our monthly allowance of CC is not considered when putting stuff out for Cartel Market is a fool. I have 2 kids and i do it with my own kids. I give them a fixed amount of $ and when they ask for something i tell them well if you save up on that allowance we might help you get it.

As for -eric : Thanks again for the improvement on communication. Seeing a more fast paced than every 6-8 weeks is good even though it's divided in two departments. 2 updates ( 1 CM and 1 content ) in the 6-8 week window is better than 1.

Just one question though when are you gonna use PTS for the updates regularly ? 2 possible reason for me to use PTS. First is to help out on bugs but second is to get ahead and get prepared for when it goes live. I've been racking up on basic comms and mats on my artificer to make sure i'll be able to make all dyes but i still not sure what it'll take. lvl 55 mats or lvl 50 mats ?

Except the story changed. Some time ago, they were quite simply a gift and we subscribers would be made to feel like valued customers with everything the game open to us.

Now as we get deeper and deeper into f2p, more and more functions and features, as a percentage of the game, are gated via cartel coins.

Story. Changed. Of course, the initial story was probably just BS they told us to keep us from bailing while they implemented the cartel market and we should have seen through that, right?

So are we still feeling like valued customers?

its a cm update if 55% of the content or more is cm only then its not a update for subs and you guys freaking know it

and yes we did ask for these features a long time ago WHEN THERE WAS NO CARTEL MARKET

nice way to try and milk us once again i wont spend a dime on this update

as far as im concerned its garbage

i also love customization but just no way ......and you can stick the cathar as well

give us a real star wars race

Except the story changed. Some time ago, they were quite simply a gift and we subscribers would be made to feel like valued customers with everything the game open to us.

Now as we get deeper and deeper into f2p, more and more functions and features, as a percentage of the game, are gated via cartel coins.

Story. Changed. Of course, the initial story was probably just BS they told us to keep us from bailing while they implemented the cartel market and we should have seen through that, right?

So are we still feeling like valued customers?

It,s a gift i give to my kids too. CC Is still a gift doesn'T mean they CAN'T take it in account when designig stuff. Every game i played that handed complimentary currencies or gifts was the same. I don't think anything changed but it's all about perspective ;)

Hey everyone,

As we have stated in the past, we always design systems like this knowing that subscribers will be receiving Cartel Coins each month, and certainly more options for your monthly Cartel Coin grant can’t be a bad thing!

you know what Eric, why dont you EA/BW take your 500 or 600 Cartel Coins and give us the content for in-game currency cause must of the things in game can be obtained through GTN?

i wonder if you can take this Suggestion to the Top group?

thanks for the Info anyway

Edited by saremun

Basically, everyone was crying about CM-only updates in 2.1

Now, we're being told 2.2 will be SOLELY NON-CM updates, and coming out on schedule, with 2.1 basically being an EXTRA update.

And people are still crying about it? Jesus people, grow up. I'm SHOCKED we were given this information as a response to a thread this aggressive -- but am incredibly grateful to hear this from Musco.

Once again -- doomsayers will continue to be mad, because they're most likely wrong. And proven to exaggerate.

Basically, everyone was crying about CM-only updates in 2.1

Now, we're being told 2.2 will be SOLELY NON-CM updates, and coming out on schedule, with 2.1 basically being an EXTRA update.

And people are still crying about it? Jesus people, grow up. I'm SHOCKED we were given this information as a response to a thread this aggressive -- but am incredibly grateful to hear this from Musco.

Once again -- doomsayers will continue to be mad, because they're most likely wrong. And proven to exaggerate.

so we need to be quiet cause you say so?

if you think we need to grow up then why do you even bother with us?

or may be because we see things you are unable to see...

Edited by saremun

It is wise to measure your suggestions in a palatable way if you don't want to turn the devs off. I think, had the discussion about the game's problems early on been more of a discussion and less a discourse or open battle we could have seen many of these changes before now.

I would say that it does seem like the devs are listening.

I was speaking in more general terms rather than about this particular topic. But in any event, the"devs" are listening only to the extent that an employee has replied in this thread, not to the extent that changes are going to be made.

Don't stop whining because he says so. Stop whining because you all look like immature little kids.

Now I'll be wondering how much will change with the 2.2 being CM. You said it. You stickied the thread. So don't backtrack and we'll wait and see.

Just bear in mind that he stated no new CM features. He didn't mention anything about CM content.

Maybe because I'd like some people to know how moronic this community is?

How about you take 5 seconds to STOP complaining about literally EVERYTHING they do. If you cannot find a single thing you enjoy -- why the HELL are you still here?

You're like vegans going into Texas Roadhouse and ************ that they serve things other than vegetables.

Thank you Eric. I fear that there may be some problems.

Being realistic about software development (you even mentioned it yourself) I am afraid you will get a **** storm if you slip, even by a week. I hope that if you do slip you release some sort of information (like when the last patch came out) to keep people at bay.

On another note though. With 2.2 roughly a month away, when will we start getting details about what is coming?

i have the right to say whatever i want whether you like it or not so shut up troll..

LOL Really?

"I have the right to say whatever I want, but you should shut up because I don't like you."

Pot? Kettle? Black?

Maybe because I'd like some people to know how moronic this community is?

How about you take 5 seconds to STOP complaining about literally EVERYTHING they do. If you cannot find a single thing you enjoy -- why the HELL are you still here?

You're like vegans going into Texas Roadhouse and ************ that they serve things other than vegetables.

moronic community is kinda an insult to all those who show their opinions, next time tell that to your self before typing such thing.

But how do you know that i complain/whine all the time and about everything? or you just like to make claims, but hey trolls always have their ways of insulting...

i have the right to say whatever i want whether you like it or not so shut up troll..

Of course you have every right to do that. However, that does not negate the fact that you look like an whining immature kid when you do.