PvP : No Protection points for Reactive Armor?

Blyndfayth

I'm a little curious as to why Merc Bodyguards don't get any protection points for any damage that a player takes while they have Reactive Armor going from our Kolto Missile. I mean, if other classes can actually get points for taunting other players, which reduces any damage other players take by 30% if the taunted player(s) keep attacking them and not you, we should get points for any damage mitigated while Reactive Armor is going.

Can anyone theorize as to why we don't?

For those that don't know, Reactive Armor provides a 10% bonus to Armor while it's up.

You're adding to his mitigation rather than directly reducing the damage done.

Sorcs don't get any protection score for their bubbles or their armor buff either

Taunt adds to the mitigation as well, target deals 30% less damage to anyone but the taunter, yet they get protection points for it. Increase in armor = less damage. Am I correct in that assumption?

Perhaps Sorcs should get protection points for bubbles as well. Personally, I usually only see Sorcs place bubbles on others at the start of WZ's, and they typically wear off before anyone engages anyway, the rest of the wz they just apply it to themselves and very rarely to others. At least that's what I see in most WZ's I'm in.

Perhaps Sorcs should get protection points for bubbles as well. Personally, I usually only see Sorcs place bubbles on others at the start of WZ's, and they typically wear off before anyone engages anyway, the rest of the wz they just apply it to themselves and very rarely to others. At least that's what I see in most WZ's I'm in.

The bubble is a heal.

ive found recently that either the tooltip for Reactive Armor is wrong, or it is not working properly.

Reactive Armor

Proactive Medicine now also provides 10% armor while active.

^ that is the tooltip. in reality, you increase the armor of your target by 10% of their current armor rating; not a flat 10% increase to armor mitigation

ie ally has 3000 armor rating. you give them Reactive Armor buff -> their armor rating is now 3300.

when i tested this on myself, it increased my mitigation from 31% to 33%

imo not worth the talent point

I think it's from the same reason why the PT's (I think the Merc has it as well) Kolto Overload doesn't count to healing done.

kolto overload DOES count towards healing done.

Edited by cashogy